Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coconut Cream Pie

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coconut Cream Pie Empty Coconut Cream Pie Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:53 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

One of my neighbors asked me if I would make a coconut cream pie for her husband (his all time favorite) because she is alergic to coconut. What the heck ~ making pies is probably my favorite thing to do, I just don't do it all that often anymore because Mr. Amazing only eats one piece and then I'm left lusting after the other seven pieces. Sometimes I share, other times I make a pig of myself. And that's NOT a good thing. So, I'm much better off making and giving....and giving as fast as I can! LOL

I didn't have a T&T recipe, in the past I think I just used Jello Cooked Pudding and coconut - maybe a couple extra egg yolks put in so I could make merangue. But I didn't have any pudding in the pantry so I found a recipe that sounded good and I had all the ingredients for and made that. It turned out really tasty, but I attribute the taste to using some vanilla paste instead of plain vanilla for the extra rich taste in the pudding. I toasted half the coconut (sweetened was what I had in the pantry) and left the other half plain to mix into the cooked pudding.

Coconut Cream Pie Coconut%20Cream%20Pie

2Coconut Cream Pie Empty Re: Coconut Cream Pie Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh wow that is a thing of beauty..

Reminds me of the time I made 2 for a party.Left them on the counter while I went to get dressed..came back and the cat was sitting there cleaning her face after she ate the meringue..

3Coconut Cream Pie Empty Re: Coconut Cream Pie Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:32 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Boy, aren't cats wonderful creatures.

I always made the pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. One year I decided to put the finished pies on the table as decoration.....had Grandma's cross stitched tablecloth, tea candles, pine cones from the trees ~ all decorated and looking beautiful.

I took a few minutes to go upstairs and shower and when I came back down Skeeter (our black & white) was laying in the middle of the table after tasting all three of my pies. I had never caught him getting up on a table before, and he didn't eat 'people' food except to lick out a yogurt container, so it was a real shock to me. I remember having to toss one of the pies but two of them got scooped around the cat tongue marks and whipped cream added.

No one except DD#1 knew and we didn't tell anyone!

Gross, I know, but when you're young you'll do stuff like that.....

Hahahahaha!

4Coconut Cream Pie Empty Re: Coconut Cream Pie Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Gross, I know, but when you're young you'll do stuff like that.....

hahahahah I did the same thing and I was pushing 40..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum