Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"JANUARY 2015"... BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 "JANUARY 2015"... BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:27 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Didn't have breakfast ... yet!, but I did make some toast, burnt! ... That is my tummy feel better remedy.

Well... Tina came in the kitchen, and said,"Ummm..I smell toast!"
I said,"Yeah, and what else?".... she said,"It's burnt?"....
I said, "Yeah, but I meant where are the eggs and bacon that go with the toast?"

She laughed, and said, "Oh!" .... "You better get up early and start cooking that bacon, and BTW...I'll have two eggs over easy!"

UNCLE JIMMY

For lunch, I had two eggs Over Easy, and white toast with butter.
Boy, that hit the spot!....

Imelda HL

Relaxing morning. .. I asked him what he wanted for breakfast. .. he said: I don't know. .. sausage eggs toast maybe. ... so I went the extra mile by making some hash brown (my favorite )... here is our brunch. ..

2 eggs with runny yolks, should be sunny side up but I overcooked them, 2 French bread toast with butter, hash brown and pork links

mine: 1 fried egg, over hard, pork links, hash brown and 1 tiny toast with dash of Tabasco

bethk

Admin
Nothing wrong with those eggs, Imelda....exactly the way I like them!

bethk

Admin
Lazy Sunday morning....

bethk

Admin
It just felt like an 'oatmeal' kind of day.....

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:It just felt like an 'oatmeal' kind of day.....

OK...I see slivered almonds...and those are some H U G E Raisins.
WoW!....

I don't dare show that post to the mrs. She had been off the oatmeal kick now for months. She gets a kick to start her oatmeal regimen and boils a huge pot and saves it in the refrigerator. It turns into solid glue, but she scoops it out and heats it with her milk and butter. yuuck!

I eat oatmeal, but not cooked and with cold milk and raisins.

bethk

Admin
Those aren't raisins, Jimmy, but big dried tart cherries. OMG ~ so very tasty.

I do single servings of oatmeal in the microwave.....takes 3 minutes and (IMO) is just as good as the kind you cook in a pot (and take a chance of scorching). Good stuff.

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Those aren't raisins, Jimmy, but big dried tart cherries.  OMG ~ so very tasty.

I do single servings of oatmeal in the microwave.....takes 3 minutes and (IMO) is just as good as the kind you cook in a pot (and take a chance of scorching).  Good stuff.

Oooo! love those cherries like that. I like cherries any way and any kind.

Tina boils the water with the salt...adds the oatmeal, and stirs and covers with no heat. Never burnt, and puffed up oats. The waitress in the Bird in Hand restaurant in Lancaster, Pa. told Tina that is the way they cook the oatmeal. And T said it is good.

10 Re: "JANUARY 2015"... BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH on Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:56 am

bethk

Admin
Picked up lovely, fragrant local Florida strawberries & blueberries at Costco yesterday. Yum.

UNCLE JIMMY

I made waffles this morning. Gabe and Tina ate some.....I'll wait till tomorrow.
I could swear I had food poisoning this morning. Felt better in the PM.

bethk

Admin
Man, oh, man....you still havin' problems, Jimmy?

Maybe a trip to the old doc is in order. It's not normal for you to have so much digestive distress.

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Man, oh, man....you still havin' problems, Jimmy?

Maybe a trip to the old doc is in order.  It's not normal for you to have so much digestive distress.

Thanks Beth, but I was to the doc for it, and he said OTC gastric pills for gas pockets.....and like Zantac for GERD.

At my age, I need to end eating when dinner is over. The problem, is I'm a big fan of bed time snacks. BIG Snacks.

I have to change my eating habits. I usually will skip lunch and breakfast....and then Gorge on a big supper. I mean...3 helpings is nothing abnormal for me.

I am not 40 anymore, and when I was fourty, I could sit down at 11:00PM, and eat 4 eggs, bacon, toast and cinnamon buns, and even though I ate a big supper that day. No

Barbara101

I have to change my eating habits

cheers   

15 Re: "JANUARY 2015"... BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:21 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I have to change my eating habits

cheers   

..... I awakened empty, and with the tummy less fat. I felt like a hero, that I could do that!....

16 Re: "JANUARY 2015"... BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH on Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:57 am

bethk

Admin
Yeah, Jimmy, it's tough to change a lifetime of habits. But it's possible if you have the attitude that you WILL feel better.

I remember the spring I gave up soft drinks ~ amazed me how much better I felt. That, and I lost a bunch of weight (unfortunately I didn't have any trouble putting it back on by other means....).

But, like you, I cannot eat after about 7:00 p.m. If I do, I wake up after a couple hours with the most horrible GERD, burning, acid-tasting,,,,,,just plain icky! And then THAT creates the problem of changing my sleep cycle. One thing turns into another.

So, give it a try and see if you can stop the night-time eating. Bet you feel 100% better really soon.

((we're cheering for you! )

17 Re: "JANUARY 2015"... BREAKFAST / BRUNCH / LUNCH on Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yeah, Jimmy, it's tough to change a lifetime of habits.  But it's possible if you have the attitude that you WILL feel better.

I remember the spring I gave up soft drinks ~ amazed me how much better I felt.  That, and I lost a bunch of weight (unfortunately I didn't have any trouble putting it back on by other means....).

But, like you, I cannot eat after about 7:00 p.m.  If I do, I wake up after a couple hours with the most horrible GERD, burning, acid-tasting,,,,,,just plain icky!  And then THAT creates the problem of changing my sleep cycle.  One thing turns into another.

So, give it a try and see if you can stop the night-time eating.  Bet you feel 100% better really soon.

((we're cheering for you!   )

Thanks Beth!... Today, is the first day that I am not belching and burping yesterdays late night snack foods.
I actually woke up to a hungry gurgling empty tummy!... I haven't had that feeling in ages. hahahahaaha....

lol!

UNCLE JIMMY

I made Belgian Waffles Sunday and Monday. Darn Waffle maker took a you know what!!..... Junk! It was one of those Waring Pro... $79.99 ones that Tina bought at BB&Beyond. We had it two years, but actually only used it like 12 times total.
Well It burned out. The control board cooked. Also the thing was loose from the screws not holding because the design allows the heat to soften the plastic where the screws are fastened to hold it together.

I bought an Oster one on Amazon for $39.99.... Good enough!!

bethk

Admin
Talk of soup made me hungry for some....

What started out as potato soup quickly became Cream of Vegetable Soup with the addition of onions, carrots, celery and corn ~ chopped ham in the soup and crispy bacon to garnish.

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Talk of soup made me hungry for some....

What started out as potato soup quickly became Cream of Vegetable Soup with the addition of onions, carrots, celery and corn ~ chopped ham in the soup and crispy bacon to garnish.

At Sure Do look good Beth!
I love potato soup. Tina got a recipe from the net for potato leek soup.
The leek is good, but if too much, then it becomes too over powering!

UNCLE JIMMY

Shredded potatoes fried with onions, is on the menu for tomorrow breakfast. Bacon, and eggs over easy with baked rolls from the blue tube.
I am going to fry the bacon tonight, and I may also fry the potatoes!

Geeze.... someone would think I was hungry!!!!...

I may just have a pretzel and a glass of water, and call it a snack. Yea, Right!!!

UNCLE JIMMY

Jimmy I H O P Here!

Made waffles for all, with my new Novelty Waffle Iron cooker.
It is the Simple; no bells and whistles Oster Belgian electric maker. $37.99 Amazon free shipping.

First one came out doughy inside. Then I raised the dial on the doneness to high all the way, and they came out ok. Nothing stuck, and Gabe said they were crispy outside, and cakey inside.
Waffles are nice and high (thick ) like a Belgian waffle would be in a restaurant or waffle house.

So....It is a keeper so far; as long as it doesn't fall apart and break like the $79.00 Waring Pro we had previously.

Barbara101

Lunch & snack.. Bagel,sandwich of grilled chicken breast etc..

bethk

Admin
I just got done with a broiled hot dog....mustard & onions

UNCLE JIMMY

GD and I had a fried egg on a soft toasted bagel with cheese and Taylor Ham, .... Oh so good.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum