Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration

+4
cookingirl
Niagara Visitor
Bugster2
Imelda HL
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 12]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy, I don't usually add the celery ~ but I seem to have an overflow supply of it right now for some reason ((who bought all of it???)) so I decided to stick it in with the rest of the vegetables. I was the only one to eat it, but that's OK with me.

Clams & linguine sounds good to me, too. Actually, I've been really wanting some Manila clams. The only place I've had them was in the Seattle area. OMG, so very good! Tiny but very fresh & briney. Just a bucketful, steamed with some shallot & white wine.....a hunk of bread....Mmmmmm!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Having Fall out for supper tonight.
Tina was scrounging around in the side by side freezer... ( no room for nothing )...and out fell a package of Italian sausage. THAT was it to make.

Tina has it all lined in a baking pan ( Pyrex ) and with the onions and peppers and tomato sauce. low and slow for a few hours. Then potato wedges the last hour.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Her potatoes always look like the BEST tasting potatoes in the world! So tender and soaked in the pan juices.

You're a lucky man, Jimmy!

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk

bethk
Admin

It sure does look easy....I'm just not too sure about the clams that are available here ~ amazing how I can live in a state surrounded (mostly) by water and not be able to find really fresh seafood. Amazing.

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:It sure does look easy....I'm just not too sure about the clams that are available here ~ amazing how I can live in a state surrounded (mostly) by water and not be able to find really fresh seafood.  Amazing.  

We live at the beach and have to drive 20 miles to get really fresh seafood. Santa Monica Seafood is the name. I wouldn't touch the seafood in our local grocery with a ten foot pole. Frozen is ok but when they tell you it is fresh, they mean it is 5 days old. We do have a very nice Asian market about 10 miles away where we can get live seafood but the choices are limited.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
bethk wrote:It sure does look easy....I'm just not too sure about the clams that are available here ~ amazing how I can live in a state surrounded (mostly) by water and not be able to find really fresh seafood.  Amazing.  

We live at the beach and have to drive 20 miles to get really fresh seafood. Santa Monica Seafood is the name. I wouldn't touch the seafood in our local grocery with a ten foot pole. Frozen is ok but when they tell you it is fresh, they mean it is 5 days old. We do have a very nice Asian market about 10 miles away where we can get live seafood but the choices are limited.

Haaaa.... it's like us. We live in this god forsaken state of NJ... but on the opposite from the east coast, and hop skip away from PA, and 1.5 hr drive to a shore market.
Any seafood we get, is fresh frozen. God knows how long it had been frozen???

bethk

bethk
Admin

I'm stuffed.

I mean, litterly....STUFFED.

We went out to celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary. Lawdy, but we both ate too much!

He had Escargot to start, I had HUGE shrimp cocktail (could only eat 4 of the 6 shrimp....they were so large!). We both had perfectly cooked filet - his was accompanied with a lobster tail. He had a couple martinis and I sipped away on a Cosmo. There was a wonderful band playing below us so we had the entertainment of listening and watching the dancing.

All that and our bill came to a whopping $63. Can't beat that, to be sure!

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 10590597_10152598645390801_1004583310058771015_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

Oh, my goodness, Barb.....that looks AMAZING!

What a great Sunday night supper!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I'm stuffed.

I mean, litterly....STUFFED.

We went out to celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary.  Lawdy, but we both ate too much!

He had Escargot to start, I had HUGE shrimp cocktail (could only eat 4 of the 6 shrimp....they were so large!).  We both had perfectly cooked filet - his was accompanied with a lobster tail.  He had a couple martinis and I sipped away on a Cosmo.  There was a wonderful band playing below us so we had the entertainment of listening and watching the dancing.

All that and our bill came to a whopping $63.  Can't beat that, to be sure!

Happy anniversary Beth and Dane!
So ya both had a great meal, and you celebrated....but the Question coming from Tina Is..... ( What did Beth Get as a anniversary gift from Dane? ) Smile

God Bless you Both! Wow! F O U R T Y S I X Y E A R S ..... queen king
Yer Catchin Up To Jimmy and Tina.

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:....but the Question coming from Tina Is..... ( What did Beth Get as a anniversary gift from Dane? )  Smile

God Bless you Both! Wow! F O U R T Y   S I X  Y E A R S .....  queen  king
Yer Catchin Up To Jimmy and Tina. [/font][/size]

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 011815

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just got done rolling up a pan full of cabbage rolls.....been hungry for this meal for a month or more!

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh me too.The last few times I made it ,I used Ina's recipe..So good..

Bugster2

Bugster2

My DH and roomie went nuts at the fish market and so this is day three of fish. Day one was shrimp scampi, ahi tuna, cooked shrimp with chili sauce, king crab legs, candied salmon and Asian slaw. They split a $13 bottle of wine and promptly started snoring the second they hit the couch.
Day 2 was grilled salmon with an herbed butter sauce, leftover cooked shrimp, bread and a salad. Another $13 bottle of wine and my DH was out like a light.
Day 3 is going to be Wolfgang Puck's Yin Yang soup and more bread. Tonight is a $2 bottle of wine.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Oh me too.The last few times I made it ,I used Ina's recipe..So good..

I use a modified recipe I have by Tyler Florence....I switch out his small amount of red wine vinegar and 1 Tbsp. of white sugar for about 1/4 c. of cider vinegar and 1/4 c. of brown sugar. But it's good stuff, to be sure!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Its Shepherds Pie for Supper Tonight...

That will be a Mommy Tina Project!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:....but the Question coming from Tina Is..... ( What did Beth Get as a anniversary gift from Dane? )  Smile

God Bless you Both! Wow! F O U R T Y   S I X  Y E A R S .....  queen  king
Yer Catchin Up To Jimmy and Tina. [/font][/size]

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 011815

Oh How Sweet!.... Roses for "Rosie the Riveter huh?"

bethk

bethk
Admin

Enough for 3 meals.....

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 CabbageRolls

Nicely rolled and holding together for serving:

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 011915a

Love this recipe with sweet & sour tomato sauce!

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 011915b

Barbara101

Barbara101

OH my..Looks awesome.. January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 3593629538

bethk

bethk
Admin

My craving is gone ~ just what I was hungry for!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

My Goodness.... Tina and I just ate the Shepherds Pie, and we are getting hungry just looking at your stuffed cabootchki Beth!

What meat do you use in the filling? Rice too?.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Know what's good??....Nice brown gravy on the stuffed cabbages and the taters. Even with the tomatoes ....it tastes good with gravy!...

Gee...is somebody hungry talking about food???? LOL

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2015 ~ A New Year of Meal Inspiration - Page 6 10376000_834382973286953_5848470348819313573_n

bethk

bethk
Admin

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:My Goodness.... Tina and I just ate the Shepherds Pie, and we are getting hungry just looking at your stuffed cabootchki Beth!

What meat do you use in the filling? Rice too?.....

It's a combo of ground beef and ground pork....and cooked rice. The sweet/sour tomato sauce is the main flavoring componant.

Here's a link:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/stuffed-cabbage-rolls-galumpkis-recipe.html

Like I said, I add 1/2 c. cider vinegar and 1/4 c. brown sugar instead of his listed red wine vinegar & 1 Tbsp. of sugar. (Oh, and I leave out the garlic due to Dane's sensitivity....usually add 1/2 t. garlic powder.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum