Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

whats cooking for the week end??

+2
JanaAZ
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1whats cooking for the week end?? Empty whats cooking for the week end?? Fri May 24, 2013 11:16 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I was hoping for nothing Razz

I was hoping for not any ppl at my house. Razz

I was hoping for a major headache coming on. Razz

Hopefully I can work on this list..

I always end up doing all the shopping. then doing all the work of cooking it. whats cooking for the week end?? 1450907917

I am for sure making a strawberry trifle.tasteless wonders from Ca..the only time I ever buy cool whip & boxed cake.By boxed I mean already made pound cake. sara lee.
I won't be eating it anyway ..Looks great tho lol.
maybe grill some corn for the others.?
I want a big honking steak.. whats cooking for the week end?? 3326752767

2whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 pm

JanaAZ

I'm with you on the steak. Later this week!!!

I bought a rack of pork a few weeks ago and cut it into beautiful pork chops. That's what I'm making today. I'll also make Israeli cous cous mix that I get from Trader Joe's.

We've got company coming this weekend (and they don't eat pork :-( ) so those big honking ribs are out. I'm going to start making a brisket today and finish it off tomorrow. Lots of cooking to do this weekend, though.

3whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Fri May 24, 2013 7:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Dane is on the road....he'll get here and promptly fall into bed for about 26 hours, I'm sure.

He was sweating what would and wouldn't fit in the car to bring down and I tried to tell him not to worry about it ~ if not this trip then the next....we've got everything we absolutely need here right now so I just wanted him to get here so he can have some time to relax.

4whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sat May 25, 2013 12:35 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I was hoping for nothing Razz

I was hoping for not any ppl at my house. Razz

I was hoping for a major headache coming on. Razz

Hopefully I can work on this list..

I always end up doing all the shopping. then doing all the work of cooking it. whats cooking for the week end?? 1450907917

I am for sure making a strawberry trifle.tasteless wonders from Ca..the only time I ever buy cool whip & boxed cake.By boxed I mean already made pound cake. sara lee.
I won't be eating it anyway ..Looks great tho lol.
maybe grill some corn for the others.?
I want a big honking steak.. whats cooking for the week end?? 3326752767

Barbara..I didn't see this week end thread, and I posted a Memorial day / weekend one. You could just move my post here and delete the Memorial weekend Topic. No I'm so Sorry!!

Looks like you are like me...only I don't do the shopping. I do all the cooking though and or the prep work. I am a stickler for everything on time to eat, and without confusion and bumping @$$es in the kitchen with everyone scrambling around like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off.

I hate when everyone congregates in the kitchen when I am in total orchestration cooking and getting ready to serve the food. Grrrrrrr!!

My Mom had a sign made that said..."Everybody OUT OF THE KITCHEN when Mom Is Cooking"... LOL. Now I know what she meant! Sad

5whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sat May 25, 2013 8:20 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

oh I am sorry lol
I forgot about that thread Embarassed I should have posted there.

its all good we can have 2 threads going geek

Boy that crowd in the kitchen gets old.I am so set in my ways now I can't stand it.

well I got out of having company but I do have to go to 2 places instead.
still I have to make stuff.
My KILLER mac salad.
Reg yellow tator salad
coleslaw
dessert (s)
taking beer
I am making peach daiquiris from frozen bag ones. No fresh yet.

I bought the most expensive watermelon ..$6.It is heavy. better taste good for that $$

Food is creeping up $1 here $2 there.

stuff from Ca & Fla is Evil or Very Mad tasteless & hard.I only buy it it I am adding booze or something else to make flavor.

I will most likely make other stuff depends on my mood..

6whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:oh I am sorry lol
I forgot about that thread Embarassed I should have posted there.

its all good we can have 2 threads going geek

Boy that crowd in the kitchen gets old.I am so set in my ways now I can't stand it.

well I got out of having company but I do have to go to 2 places instead.
still I have to make stuff.
My KILLER mac salad.
Reg yellow tator salad
coleslaw
dessert (s)
taking beer
I am making peach daiquiris from frozen bag ones. No fresh yet.

I bought the most expensive watermelon ..$6.It is heavy. better taste good for that $$

Food is creeping up $1 here $2 there.

stuff from Ca & Fla is Evil or Very Mad tasteless & hard.I only buy it it I am adding booze or something else to make flavor.

I will most likely make other stuff depends on my mood..

Great you got invited out for the holiday celebration.
We never get invited anywhere! We always have people over here, and we go all out with the food selections, but it seems they just don't want the mess and muss and fuss. The kids have things in the summer, but even now they are so busy; they figure,"Oh Gee...mom and dad don't do nothing, and they are retired; so they can prepare everything!" hahahahaha... Nice Huh?...

You are right about the food price$. Tina said that prices are going up just like the gas price$ ... All the companys are burdoned with new hidden taxes, but we being on the end of the tracks as the consumers, are dumped on with the burden. LOL...

7whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sat May 25, 2013 4:33 pm

JanaAZ

Today I made brisket sandwiches for lunch. I was going to serve it to friends for lunch tomorrow, but wasn't sure it was fabulous. Well, when we ate it today, it was fabulous. Oh darn, they won't be getting any. I'm going to make them a BLT pasta salad instead. More brisket for us Very Happy

8whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sat May 25, 2013 4:45 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Hahahaha, Jana - a woman just like ME !!!

Hey, no matter what, they won't go hungry....

9whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sat May 25, 2013 11:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well! I'm boiling the potatoes for the potato salad!( with a secret flavor of about 1/2 tsp. of fine granule onions powder )
Tina is super clicking on her laptop in the Recliner doing research on her recipe's interests.
I have the Ribs marinading in the fridge, and as well as the London Broil.
The BBQ will be on Monday at 3:00 + or _-
I am cooking the ribs in the oven inside low and slow for a few hours. The london broil WILL be done on the grill though. Burgers and hot dogs will be the last things cooked on the grill. I'm dragging out the meat slicer for the London Broil.

I am contemplating making sloppy Joes (Wimpies as we call them ) because they are a favorite of mine. Not Too Sweet Though!
I was gonna grill some hot sausage, but I gave up on that because that would go better with spaghetti, and with all of everything else to eat, it will be too much!
The kids are a pain in the you know what when I ask them to take some of the leftovers home. Naw!..They are too lazy to do that, and just want to get home and watch the TV.

Actually, its only the kids coming over, and sons MIL.

They had the choice of a Sunday BBQ, and then they would have a day of unwinding to rest up before WORK on Tuesday....but they choce Monday.

I like the old fashioned BBQ's where a sart at like 1 or 2 oclock, and have burgers and dogs for that time with the beans and etc...then relax and hang around till like 6 or 7 and then we would eat the ribs and London Broil or chicken etc.
In other words...make a day of it. Watch TV on the big deck, and shoot the bull or just rest...then when dark, sit around and toast marshmallows and eat desserts and sip drinks or coffee and have a really great Home Style BBQ...

N O T .... Its hurry and woulve down the food, and bye bye go home / all done / it's over. Grrrrrrr!!! What are ya gonna do. Everything has to have a time stamp or a itinerary. LOL

10whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 4:16 am

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

it seems everybody are going to have fun on this weekend.. Jimmy, sound like you are going to have a big feast with all the foods on your list whats cooking for the week end?? 4137497845

we don't have anything special for this weekend, we are still recovering from our trip last week, but we might go to the store and get some steak or ribs for BBQ on Monday, for sure tomorrow I'm going to cook some salmon

11whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 7:39 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

maybe I should not say this but I need to vent.
PPl just don't do family get togethers the way it used to be. Nor do they have any or much interest in what the day really is.

To most ,,it is all about the sales.

I end up making the plans. I end up buying the food. I end up fixing it.I end up grilling. I end up cleaning up.
everyone sits & plays with their phone ..eats then has somewhere else to go. DD has to nap before work,she works all night. 2 of the older boys have GFs.

so that is my holiday cooking & having a get together..

I get so tired of it all......... whats cooking for the week end?? 2787578702

I get oh that was great. Thanks.

12whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't have a clue what we might or might not be doing.

It all depends upon Mr. Amazing and how rested he feels. Right now his eyes are open but I'm not so sure the rest of his body is awake....but truly, all I want him to do is relax and restore. He did say the air down here seemed to be making his breathing easier, I don't know why, but if that's what it seems like to him then I'm happy for him.

We might drive over to see his family, we might not. Or, maybe we'll just go drive to the beach and walk along the water. I will cook whatever he wants if we stay home and if we go away it'll be seafood where ever we find it!

It's really nice to just worry about the two of us for a change and not have to think about who likes what food and what time they want to eat and if they have further plans.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

13whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 12:17 pm

NormM

NormM

I decided to make some lasagna today.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

14whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 12:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I like Norms Idea! It surely would be nice to just make (1) One Thing and say,...there ya go! Knock yourselves out! hahahaha

15whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 1:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:maybe I should not say this but I need to vent.
PPl just don't do family get togethers the way it used to be. Nor do they have any or much interest in what the day really is.

I end up making the plans. I end up buying the food. I end up fixing it.I end up grilling. I end up cleaning up.
everyone sits & plays with their phone ..eats then has somewhere else to go. DD has to nap before work,she works all night. 2 of the older boys have GFs.

I agree with you 100% Barbara.
I don't mind the cooking and prep and the mess, but Geeze! At least offer to (speaking about the kids) Take the garbage out, or jump up and load the dishwasher.

The kids are great. Don't get me wrong. But they have a different way of doing things, and that is "L A S T Minute!"

Now! ... (venting too) Here is a prime example!
The oven has the roast or turkey baking, and DD will come over with the Asparagus she was supposed to bring over, and she will take over the kitchen counter's with the asparagus or and the Broccoli ...and Raw!! Start trimming them, and then asking,"When's the oven gonna be ready for this...I I I have to cook these!! Where Where Where is the steamer basket....then in the back room shoving and throwing and moving and dropping all the pots and pans whilst looking for the steamer basket.
Leaves the other stuff on the floor because she is too late and last minute to get the veggies cooked.

Uhhh! I said,"Is thre a way that you can make all this **it at home and we can just re-heat it to a higher temperature??"" ... NO NO NO dad....That's stupid!
Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

And then they use every available knife or spoons and mixing utensils without just rinsing and re-using.

She does mean well, and she does clean up (her own way) but when all is done, I will have a i.e. a cup of peas in a quart container, or the leftovers divied up between the upstairs and downstairs refrigerator. And then...if they cannot find the right top (which is there if they spend time to look ) they just put foil or saran wrap to cover it. Grrrrrrr!!

They use NOoooo Planning what so ever! Mad

16whats cooking for the week end?? Empty Re: whats cooking for the week end?? Sun May 26, 2013 2:39 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:maybe I should not say this but I need to vent.

I agree with you 100% Barbara.
I don't mind the cooking and prep and the mess, but Geeze! At least offer to (speaking about the kids) Take the garbage out, or jump up and load the dishwasher.

The kids are great. Don't get me wrong. But they have a different way of doing things, and that is "L A S T Minute!"

Now! ... (venting too) Here is a prime example!
The oven has the roast or turkey baking, and DD will come over with the Asparagus she was supposed to bring over, and she will take over the kitchen counter's with the asparagus or and the Broccoli ...and Raw!! Start trimming them, and then asking,"When's the oven gonna be ready for this...I I I have to cook these!! Where Where Where is the steamer basket....then in the back room shoving and throwing and moving and dropping all the pots and pans whilst looking for the steamer basket.
Leaves the other stuff on the floor because she is too late and last minute to get the veggies cooked.

Uhhh! I said,"Is thre a way that you can make all this **it at home and we can just re-heat it to a higher temperature??"" ... NO NO NO dad....That's stupid!
Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

And then they use every available knife or spoons and mixing utensils without just rinsing and re-using.

She does mean well, and she does clean up (her own way) but when all is done, I will have a i.e. a cup of peas in a quart container, or the leftovers divied up between the upstairs and downstairs refrigerator. And then...if they cannot find the right top (which is there if they spend time to look ) they just put foil or saran wrap to cover it. Grrrrrrr!!

They use NOoooo Planning what so ever! Mad

that's why I don't want anybody else in my kitchen, either for prepping the meals or cleaning up, because I know every inch of my kitchen, I don't want they disturb me with questions like.. where is your steamer, where is your casserole pan and else, or they just open all my cabinet doors to find my slotted spoon Rolling Eyes or take over my cutting board and kitchen counter, my kitchen is very small, only I can fit in it Laughing and I don't want them to wash my dishes or clean up either, I want to do it my way Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum