Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:08 pm

Barbara101

She is much much better. No insulin needed just make sure gets plenty of fluids & she eats.Needs hyper thyroid meds.

It will take a lot for me to just get dressed lol
I thought I could go a drive thro & get some food..HA the only thing between home & vets is BK.. gross.My bet is it will taste good.

These 'girls' will go nuts when she gets home they just love love her..  
she will be indoor now. so that will be a issues.and then the cat box thing.

I sure will not board her ever again..

2 Re: I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:09 am

cookingirl

So glad she is coming home! and pretty healthy!! cheers

She may smell a bit different to the pups because she has been at the Vet for a while...but they will all adjust!

Yup, litter boxes are a pain, but a necessity! I just cleaned Artie's. You will get used to it and a routine...any questions, just ask...I have gone thru about 5 different types of litter before I found one which agrees with me..Artie is not fussy on that---thank goodness.

Cats are really much safer when kept in the house...and you may find her more affectionate!

Burger King sounds good----for a change.
I have not had one of those burger fast food joints for years..... affraid

3 Re: I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:22 am

Barbara101

I have not had one of those burger fast food joints for years.

Me either. I had some KFC maybe 2yrs ago & got so sick from the greasy chicken.Mashed tasted like boxed cardboard.so no more for me.

I asked about one of those self cleaning cat box & everyone said DO NOT BUY. they are not worth the money & are huge PIA to clean.

I have to keep her box on the other side of a baby gate to keep 'girls' out of it.so that means I have to get over the gate to clean it.   I do have a bathtub I am not using so I may try to put one in there & see if she goes in it.

yeah she loves to go out,that is going to be a fight lol.

4 Re: I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow on Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:23 am

bethk

Admin
Barb, you might consider asking 'Santa' for one of those "automatic cleaning" litter boxes ~ pricey at around $100 or so, but DD#1 has one and loves it for when they have to leave Kitty alone for a 3 or 4 day trip they take. Everytime it is used there is a sensor that causes a cleaning arm to sweep through the litter and it gets deposited in a sealed compartment.

But it sure is good to hear Ms. Kat is feeling better and on her way home.

5 Re: I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:04 pm

cookingirl

Barb, they do have disposable litter boxes....I think maybe about $10-15 range. It has some litter in it, so all you have to do is dump the box....It is recycled cardboard. It seems to be a bit pricey for me, but when you do think of it, this may be worth it. You can pick them up at the petstore--Petco, I think....
The litter I use is very heavy! about $10 for 18 lbs. I only have to change the litter/wash box every 3 weeks or even 4 weeks. I scoop a couple times a day, top off the litter, and do use some pet safe litter box deodorizer. You never smell "cat" in my house!
I also went out and got a "litter Genie" for waste disposal. It is like a Diaper Genie, but smaller. It is well worth it. NO worries of stinkies inside or out. It is worth the price of the refills also.
I even talked one of the managers at Petco to get one for her cats. She loves it! I empty it ever 5 days or so.....
A lot of cats are afraid of The automatic litter boxes. That would cause more issues, so I would not suggest that...

Sorry if I sound bossy with all of this. I have found things out the hard way.
This is my first cat as an adult and it is the first adult cat I have had. I live in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. Artie has the guest BR as his and the spare bedroom is his also, but he like my bedroom much better!
I have allergies and asthma and have gone thru several different kinds of litter.
Corn, Walnut, cheap stuff, medium priced stuff and now Precious Cats Litter. I like this one..clumps really hard and seems to absorb the stinkies....
affraid   bounce

6 Re: I can pick up Ms.Kat tomorrow on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:09 pm

Barbara101

Great info Cyn.. Thanks..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum