Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How do you store?

+2
NormM
Imelda HL
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How do you store? Empty How do you store? Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:12 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Your small appliances? I have to put mine in a shed outside because there is no room in the kitchen. I usually try and put them in a small trash bag to keep the dust and bugs off. How and where do you put yours?

2How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:41 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I had to buy a tall wood cabinet in my garage for my small appliances and cook wares... my pantry cabinet has no enough room for them, and like you, I wrapped them in individual plastic to avoid dust... and I think I need another one for my pots and pans, they are still "growing"

3How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:49 pm

NormM

NormM

My son and Cassie built extra cabinet space in the kitchen and put up metal shelves in the basement.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:39 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

A basement! What a luxury! There aren't too many basements out here in CA. Prolly 'cause the weather is good. You can go out all year round but not so much in places where it snows.

5How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:25 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Many of my small appliances are still in the original boxes ~ I got smarter as I got older....LOL

I have tall Rubbermaid plastic cabinets lining my garage walls and most of my extra stuff is in those cabinets. The big stuff, like my Presto Electric Roaster, is in the original box and up on open shelving above the washer & dryer.

I have some large casserole dishes that I store in the Rubbermaid cabinets upside-down to keep the dust, etc., out of them.

6How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

In my office lol.that is now called my indoor garage.One step down from a hoarder..

7How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:42 pm

Niagara Visitor

I got rid of several small appliances when I moved from the farm to a condo. I have my coffee maker, food processor and KA stand mixer on my kitchen counter. The only other small appliances I have are a crock pot, in my walk in pantry and a toaster, also in the pantry, plugged in. I moved in here Oct. 6, 2014, have used that toaster once. OOOps, forgot that I have a hand blender, that's in my deep drawer with pots and pans.

8How do you store? Empty Re: How do you store? Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:57 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I have too many pots and pans, too much bakeware, too much of everything. But what can I do? I have an ice cream machine that I pull out once or twice a year but if I didn't have it I couldn't make any ice cream at all. Same with my crock pot, bread machine. bread proofer et al. So, I store them in a shed outside along with spiders. One year we had a funnel cloud that blew across the house and blew the shed into pieces. I lost a few appliances then. Maybe with this El Nino, it will happen again. I won't replace anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum