Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I am just so overwhelmed..

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I am just so overwhelmed.. Empty I am just so overwhelmed.. Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I lead a pretty boring life & I like it that way..

So now with this trip coming up I am way beyond stressed.

Health issues..

Auto buying, I am soooooooo ready to forget the whole thing.. affraid I think I have decided then bam I read hundreds of bad reviews .Then I decide on something else ,,,again with the hundreds of bad reviews..

I must have really hit the jackpot with the one I bought on a whim.My Explorer..Used too.Never had one issue with it.Well new battery.Then the wipers I just bought not long ago have split.. Twisted Evil So now I have to get another set,they are not some cheap set either..
Car dealer is great has hundreds of good reviews ,,it is just the car they have lol..

I drive so little it may not worth buying..Then I think about my age,,I figure 7 yrs left to drive,,I know my EXP will not hold up for that time frame lol Like me I am not holding up that well myself..It seems everything that comes up is just a royal hassle..

My eye is giving me a fit,I have some sort of issue with it that is here to stay..waters 24/7 & it effects my vision.Meds for that but it does not do much.

I want to move so bad but I am not able to pack up this house.. No 

Today a new doc for me.that makes 4..That I have to pay for now.Medicare only pays 80%..my eye exam last week cost me $80..

I have to vent somewhere so this is it...

2I am just so overwhelmed.. Empty Re: I am just so overwhelmed.. Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

you can vent away.....feel free to dump on us.

I just wish there was something we could do for you.

As for driving yourself crazy (get the irony of that statement? 'driving....'), just make a decision. You're second guessing yourself to death. Go with the prettiest one. Doesn't make sense, but at least it makes it easier to decide.

I probably should not have had an opinion to offer. So, please ignore anything I've said on the subject. All the opinions do is stick in your head as a little bit of doubt.

Like I said, I sure wish there was something I could do to assist.....

does it help if you know I've got my fingers and toes crossed?

3I am just so overwhelmed.. Empty Re: I am just so overwhelmed.. Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:42 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I feel for you. Barb, but I think you're trying to solve all your problems at the same time, which is just making another problem: Stress.

If this upcoming trip is stressing you out, cancel the trip. Explain to your son how stressed it's making you and he will understand. Tell him the problems you faced with flying (vet bills and boarding) and the additional problems you're facing with driving (afraid car won't make it).

If the car buying is stressing you out, don't buy one right now. Wait until you have problems with the car you currently own. No one, including you, missy, can predict how long you will be able to drive, nor can you predict how long your Explorer will last. Don't worry about it if you don't have to do so.

As we get older, "stuff" happens. Just like your eye issue. Tackle your problems one day at a time and tackle one problem at a time. You've done pretty good so far so try to gradually adjust to changes like your eye problem. Try to think about how lucky you are that your eyes still work!

If you're unable to pack up your house to move, you probably won't want to unpack everything either. Why not consider staying where you are currently living -- sometimes the devil you know is better than the one you don't. You like your landlord, you like your neighbor, you know your way around your area and you don't have to drive far, or often, to get what you need. Moving will get you another climate, perhaps, but being new to an area will bring about some new things for you to worry about, like selecting all new healthcare providers. You can continue to investigate other places to live if you want, but there's no timetable in your way so don't continue to do so if it stresses you out.

Medicare doesn't pay for everything. Get yourself a policy to supplement your Medicare coverage; most people find them necessary and it's an open enrollment period right now anyway. If you don't want to spend the monthly fee to buy additional coverage to supplement Medicare, then you will have to pay more each time you see a physician or get an Rx filled. It's one or the other, so know you're not alone. Everyone who hits 65 faces the same choices. If you don't like the supplemental policy you select, you can change it the next time open enrollment comes around again. It can't be worse than paying the extra dollars that are currently driving you crazy.

There are a million things we can stress about if we allow ourselves to do so. But when you think about it, we often worry about stuff that we really don't have to worry about. Re-read your message about being so stressed and cross off the things that you don't have to do. It's easier than you think it is, Barbara. Go for it! Wink

4I am just so overwhelmed.. Empty Re: I am just so overwhelmed.. Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I am just so overwhelmed.. 2453703928  you are very wise lol.Advice taken... I am just so overwhelmed.. 3561122519

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum