Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

76 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:17 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Chicken (again.....sigh) with a side of sweet chili sauce, baked acorn squash & asparagus.

I'll bet I could find some crunchy pickins on that chicken!

77 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Barbara101

leftover lamb Gyros with tzatziki.. mixed veggies.

78 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:20 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made panko crusty Pork Chops.....I pounded them with the tenderizer hammer.

Gabe and I had Hot Dogs and Bushes Baked Beans.

Then the little frozen Cream Filled Eclairs. Oh so Good.
Tina and I polished off the whole dish full. Tina was showing finger lickin good!......... NOOoooo! She wasn't pointing at herself!! LOL..... That was a delayed action of "Finger Lickin" .... hahahahaha

79 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:34 pm

Barbara101

Panko crusted salmon..

80 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I had the leftover pot roast. I sliced what I could without crumbling it to shreds.
The shreds, I chopped fine 1/2 lb...and added 1/2 lb chopped beef and created chili with beans.

That will be tomorrows meal, because I / We want to use up the sliced beef for piled high roast beef sandwiches with mayo on rye bread. yummmmmm!!!!

And any leftover....will get thrown in the chili.

81 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:56 pm

NormM

The Asian Market had some good looking pork shanks so I made them with greens and beans.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

82 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:The Asian Market had some good looking pork shanks so I made them with greens and beans.

Beans and Greens....Jimmy Gleams
Pork shanks?....I'll save that for Tina!
Looks good though!

83 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:53 pm

Bugster2

50 cent Jack-in-the-Box tacos for us tonight.

84 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:40 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

What a great cooking Day!
Here is the Lunch Bow ties and peas Tina made...
Then the Chili I made for supper, and we tasted little side bowls of it, and it was great. Supper will be that for tomorrow.

We ate the pot roast on sandwiches and pickles on the side.

I mentioned scones, and Tina whipped up some. They just came out of the oven. I naturally ate one hot from the oven.
Mom used to say, "Let it cool off, it will stick to your heart if the dough is hot!"

85 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:09 am

Bugster2

"Lay on your chest" is another way of saying "heartburn" if that is what she meant about the heart.

86 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:08 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:"Lay on your chest" is another way of saying "heartburn" if that is what she meant about the heart.

Yup!..... Same thing, and with words to scare us like:

Don't swallow the Gum, because it will stick to your guts!! No

Easy with eatin all that candy, or you'll get die-beet-eez and have to get needles ! pale

Enough with the soda, or you'll wet the bed tonight... bounce

lol!

87 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:36 am

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:What a great cooking Day!
Here is the Lunch Bow ties and peas Tina made...
Then the Chili I made for supper, and we tasted little side bowls of it, and it was great. Supper will be that for tomorrow.

We ate the pot roast on sandwiches and pickles on the side.

I mentioned scones, and Tina whipped up some. They just came out of the oven. I naturally ate one hot from the oven.
Mom used to say, "Let it cool off, it will stick to your heart if the dough is hot!"

ok  I am going to make all 3 of these.well I did make chili,so hot dogs tonight.

88 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Barbara101

89 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:32 pm

Bugster2

That looks good. Is it cornbread? I haven't had that since my mother died 20 years ago. She was a cornbread fiend.

90 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:36 pm

Barbara101

Thx Bugs.Yes I make cornbread a lot.Heck I even use Jiffy sometimes.I know you can not get White Lily out there but that is what I use.WL self rising buttermilk mix..

91 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:47 pm

Bugster2

There is a store out here called Surfas that has White Lily all-purpose, self-rising and bread making flours. I haven't seen the one you mentioned but I will have a look. The stuff is a bit pricey, I think over $5 for a 5lb bag. Maybe I can check their website.

92 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:55 pm

Bugster2

Hey Barb! I forgot to tell you that I made your enchilada sauce. It is perfect! Not too much heat so I can eat it. Much better than any canned junk.

93 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:59 pm

Barbara101

Good for you ,,,,thank you...

94 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:13 pm

bethk

Admin
I opened the freezer this morning and did an "Enie, Meinie, Minie, Moe ~ What's for supper.....I don't know!" So, the first thing I recognized got to be "IT".

What's better than pouring gravy over everything?

95 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:42 pm

cookingirl

Yesterday I made a couple of chicken thighs roasted in a pan with potato, mushrooms, and onion. I mixed in a bit of a herb seasoning mix I picked up at Penzey's, Tuesday.
It was really good....
I had the left overs today......
Yum!

Good Mix--called Krakow Nights....yum!
will use it again

96 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:19 pm

Barbara101

apple yogurt cake.

97 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Barbara101

98 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:23 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Beth.... had the beef last couple nights. It sure looks good!

cookingirl ... I'll bet that seasoning really worked out. I love the Penzys spices.

Barb... That pie looks like a Jimmy Pie. Is there a recipe for that?? Please, some day when you get time. I like when the pie is not too thick.
Laughing here, Tina hears me scream when the Bavarian Boy Jumps up and says,"Toaster Strudle!" That commercial, they must play it on TV like 40 times a day.
Tina goes out and brings a box home. I told her, " where is My Alpine Hat???

I never ate a toaster strudle, and they are not bad. I like the idea of the little squeeze bag of glaze.
I only use 1/2 the little bag.

99 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:10 am

Barbara101

Barb... That pie looks like a Jimmy Pie. Is there a recipe for that?? Please, some day when you get time. I like when the pie is not too thick.

Thank you Jimmy.. I see the Italian boy can spot a a Italian cake geek I have made this cake several times .In fact it is great breakfast cake too.
I used to watched the Cooking Channel &  Hottie from Italy made it.. David Rocco..  

Posted  the recipe in sweets,desserts etc..

100 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:13 am

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:Beth.... had the beef last couple nights. It sure looks good!

cookingirl ... I'll bet that seasoning really worked out. I love the Penzys spices.

Laughing here, Tina hears me scream when the Bavarian Boy Jumps up and says,"Toaster Strudle!" That commercial, they must play it on TV like 40 times a day.
Tina goes out and brings a box home. I told her, " where is My Alpine Hat???

I never ate a toaster strudle, and they are not bad. I like the idea of the little squeeze bag of glaze.
I only use 1/2 the little bag.  

HAHAHA! I thought my roomie and I were the only people who absolutely HATE! that TS commercial! AYYYYEEE!!! We can't stand that little freak. He gives us the creeps. I think these ad people deliberately pick really annoying people for commercials so they know damn well you won't forget the product. I hate it when they pick a woman who has a lisp to do a voice over. Living Spaces furniture does that. Another commercial that makes me want to make the crucifix sign with my fingers is for Nature Made vitamins. They have a woman who looks like a pharmacist with short whitish hair. She makes my skin crawl.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum