Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

101 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:38 am

Barbara101

I agree. I will not even walk in Hagertys Furniture due to that dimwit doing the ad.I dislike ALL of them. They are ALL paid liars. How about the drug ad for Xrelto then a minute later the same drug is on some site as a bad drug..I never ever rely on tv ad for anything.

102 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:28 am

bethk

Admin
OK, I can agree with 99% of what you are saying....

But I just love the ad with Kenny Rogers playing poker and he's continually singing "Know When To Hold 'Em".  The look on the faces of his fellow players is priceless.  

We've all known and had to tolerate someone just as irritating as Kenny and that song.

Hahahahahaa!  I'm laughin' just thinking about it.

(but the funniest thing is, I don't remember WHAT the ad is about, I just can picture him singin' that tune - OK, it's Geico)

Here's a link for anyone who has not had it playing in their area:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqEH3jmD2io

Hahahahahaha.....remember to turn up the sound!

103 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:36 am

Barbara101

another 90` day..No cooking outside for me.

Bought a bag of Tortellini for my Minestroni soup making but it is not soup weather for me.So I will use it for something else.I have chicken breast thawed..Leftover red sauce & veggies that have seen better days..

104 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Bugster2

I have seen that commercial Beth. My roomie and I can't get over how tightly pulled he is. Not as bad as Bruce Jenner but tight. I can't even look at Jenner. He looks like a burn victim.

105 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Barbara101

another one is Wayne Newton Yikes..They have not aged well.

106 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Bugster2

Wayne Newton gives me nightmares. He was gross to begin with but with the PS, YIKES!

107 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:27 pm

bethk

Admin
I agree...Wayne looks like he passed about 20 years ago and was imbalmed....

sorry ~ that was mean.

He looks great! (Bless his heart....)

Remember when he was on TV singing Danke Shein (sp?) and was just a child? Gads! I'm REALLY old.

LOL

108 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:10 pm

Bugster2

I remember him then and I still thought he looked and sounded like a poof.

109 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:08 pm

Barbara101

110 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Wayne Newton gives me nightmares. He was gross to begin with but with the PS, YIKES!

Tina says,:"His Hair Doo went out with High Top Boots!"

I call him Mr. "Whistle Singer"........... He whistles the words out!

111 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Oh! Boy!..... Button Ravioli! Ummmmm!

112 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Barbara101

Oh! Boy!..... Button Ravioli! Ummmmm!

Yeah to my surprise I thought I picked up bag of tortellini.Worked out fine.

113 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Had no breakfast and no lunch! Today was cleaning day ( the girl down the street does it...) The heavy stuff that Tina cannot do.

For supper, Tina bought sammiches for me and Gabe.
Now I need dessert, and a coffee!

Tina had one of those Marie Callenders sp? salisbury steak and mashed potatoes all in its own throw away containers.

114 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:23 pm

bethk

Admin
We went over to Lyn & Bill's....I grilled chicken, microwaved baby yukons & a 'steam-in-the-bag' vegetable and layered sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, drizzled w/basalmic glaze and sprinkled with fresh slivered basil. I took a frozen peach yogurt pie I had in the freezer that I made back when I had a few really good Georgia peaches to use up.

Everyone was happy.

115 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:36 pm

cookingirl

I just cooked up a new recipe for me:
chicken with onions and apples....

I think it is a slightly healthier version of pork and apples....

I am going to have it with some rice, to soak up the juices...

I think it would be better with pork chops....

live and learn! alien

I wish I could post a picture...

116 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:02 pm

bethk

Admin
cookingirl wrote:

How can you post pics on facebook (Artie is such a cutie!!) but not here?

Do you have a photobucket account? That's what I use. Email me and I can talk you through it....

117 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 6:51 pm

bethk

Admin
Sweet & Sour Pork on rice.....I love the colors in this meal.

118 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Barbara101

butternut squash casserole.

olive oil
2 large onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup of dry Sherry
2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
kosher salt & pepper
1 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
1 lb. butternut squash, peeled, seeded & sliced into 1/8" thin slices
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet, cook your sliced  onions in olive oil, season w/ salt. Cook on medium about 8 minutes.

Add 1/2 cup of Spanish dry sherry & sage to the pan (the pan may flare up, so be careful, you are adding alcohol). Cook another 3 minutes until the liquid is reduced to a glaze.

Butter a 2 quart shallow baking dish and place the thin slices of squash as the first layer, overlapping them neatly. Sprinkle with kosher salt.

Next layer is going to be your   onions. Lay them over the butternut squash.

3rd layer is the apple slices. Layer the thin slices over the onions and sprinkle w/ salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.

Cover baking dish tightly with foil and bake about 50 minutes at 350F.

Carefully uncover the dish and sprinkle w/ 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Raise the oven temp to 450F and cook until the cheese is golden brown and melted. Let rest 10 minutes before serving and garnish with fresh sage leaves.

119 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Imelda HL

All dinner meals look so good.. delicious and beautiful colors..  lately I mostly cooked Asian/Indonesian foods, some sandwiched for Dirk in between, and here is our boneless rib eye steaks, they were so good.. I really like the crust, esp with a bit burnt.. I ate only half, and will make some quesadilla with the rest later

here are some Asian noodles, fresh yellow noodles with slow braised pork belly for the topping

and fried rice noodles

120 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:01 pm

Barbara101

Imelda your food looks so good all the time.You totally rock...

121 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Bugster2

I love the burnt ring of fat around a good steak. I just love to suck on it. I never chew and swallow but just suck all that delicious goodness from the blackened fat.

122 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:57 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

All the food rocks today. Beautiful job everyone.
I didn't do that great today. I made a minestra with romaine and cabbage. Potatoes and pork bits.
It was good, and I had three bowls with bread and butter for sopping up the juices.

tINA went out for a thin crust pizza for her and Gabe.... and me for dessert.

It was cool and damp and rainy today. The fire is lit in the pellet stove. It's 48 outside now.
Supposed to go to 37. Nice!

I just made a double batch of waffle batter for tomorrows breakfast with the kids.
I'm ready to eat some right now!...

123 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:54 am

Barbara101

It was cool and damp and rainy today. The fire is lit in the pellet stove. It's 48 outside now.
Supposed to go to 37. Nice!

ghezz... it was hot 91` here.I went out to put some frozen meat from inside freezer to outside one.Got 4 sketter bites on my legs in less then 1 minute.

124 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:14 am

Bugster2

It was warm here today too. Somewhere in the high 80's. My DH went to the beach and spent most of the day in the water. He said the water was 74 and very clear so he could see all kinds of fish. I have gotten to the point where my eyesight is so bad and I want to know what is floating in the water, that I won't go in until I can afford to buy some prescription swim goggles. He came home and was ravenous and made dinner out of tortilla chips, salsa, queso and guacamole. He couldn't wait for me to cook anything.
Today I am trying an El Pollo Loco knock-off marinade on some chicken. I don't have high hopes. I have got to come up with something to go with it.
Yesterday I tried a recipe I saw in Parade magazine for Brookies which are brownies with a chocolate chip cookie layer on top. The recipe said cooking time was 36 mins. Mine took 60 mins. At room temp they were greasy so I threw them in the fridge and I will see how they are chilled. I will not repeat the recipe.

125 Re: October, 2014 ~ What's for dinner ???" on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:21 pm

cookingirl

bethk wrote:
cookingirl wrote:

How can you post pics on facebook (Artie is such a cutie!!) but not here?

Do you have a photobucket account?  That's what I use.  Email me and I can talk you through it....

Beth, no I do not have a photo bucket account. I have a macbook pro and an iPhone 5. I post my pictures on FB from the photo file on them.
I will e-mail you about this...I am not feeling well today--not much sleep, shoulder sore, allergies are bad today---so it will be another day. No cooking for me today....
thanks

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum