Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Project Wall Art

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Project Wall Art Empty Project Wall Art Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I am feeling a bit nostalgic these days and got the idea to frame some rock and roll records from the 60's and 70's and hanging them on the wall in our den. I am looking for interesting covers, not necessarily something I would listen to. Do any of my foodie friends have any old records they want to sell? Or give me ideas about who had a great album cover. This should be fun.

2Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:06 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Sold all our old LP's at the auction....you shoulda had this idea a couple years ago.

I woulda sent you all the covers you needed to completely cover a wall or two.

3Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:40 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I am feeling a bit nostalgic these days and got the idea to frame some rock and roll records from the 60's and 70's and hanging them on the wall in our den. I am looking for interesting covers, not necessarily something I would listen to. Do any of my foodie friends have any old records they want to sell? Or give me ideas about who had a great album cover. This should be fun.

I'll take a look.... I think I have the original First Beetles record and cover.
A few more too, but 33 1/3's... Then Tina has her 45's from the 50's and 60's.
No Covers though. There was a friend who's husband worked for the juke box company, and he filled the machines. He gave Tina all the used older ones.
Got some old old 78's too. The heavy records that if dropped, they would shatter.
There was a chemical that kids liked to suck on those old records, and it was a poison. I think there was like arsenic in the record, or maybe PCB's.
I remember my brother holding one in his crib, and he would suck on the edge,
Then he would break out with a red rash on his chin and mouth.

Huh! .... I sucked on lolly pops, and he sucked on records... Funny as Ole Heck!

4Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:42 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:I am feeling a bit nostalgic these days and got the idea to frame some rock and roll records from the 60's and 70's and hanging them on the wall in our den. I am looking for interesting covers, not necessarily something I would listen to. Do any of my foodie friends have any old records they want to sell? Or give me ideas about who had a great album cover. This should be fun.

I'll take a look.... I think I have the original First Beetles record and cover.
A few more too, but 33 1/3's... Then Tina has her 45's from the 50's and 60's.
No Covers though. There was a friend who's husband worked for the juke box company, and he filled the machines. He gave Tina all the used older ones.
Got some old old 78's too. The heavy records that if dropped, they would shatter.
There was a chemical that kids liked to suck on those old records, and it was a poison. I think there was like arsenic in the record, or maybe PCB's.
I remember my brother holding one in his crib, and he would suck on the edge,
Then he would break out with a red rash on his chin and mouth.

Huh! .... I sucked on lolly pops, and he sucked on records... Funny as Ole Heck!

5Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:43 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Thanks Jimmy! Look around and see if there is anything you want to get rid of. I have been responding to some Craigslist ads but it has been very unsatisfactory. The first answer I got was from a crazy man who advertised house records for $3-$5/each. I asked if he had any vintage rock and roll records from the 60's and 70's. What I got was a tirade accusing me of being cheap, "I got you pegged for what you are" and a few more less than nice names. Curious, I asked him what in heaven's name did I do to deserve an response like that? This went back and forth a few times until he threatened to call the cops. I should not have said anything to him in the first place but I was curious and felt like playing with him a bit.
I answered another ad and said I was looking for some specific albums and did they have any? Couldn't get a yes, no or maybe. All I got was " Come on over and have a look". I asked about prices but only was told that they could make me a good price. People can't answer a direct question with a direct answer any more. There is no way I am going to use my time and gas unless there are real possibilities. Reminded me of a used car salesman. A few other inquiries were equally as bad. I just couldn't get a direct answer.
My DH also is one of those who can't give me a simple yes or no. It makes me want to scream. I ask a question, get a response that goes on for a while when all I want is yes or no. I then ask the same question again. Same type of answer. I keep asking the same question until he gets mad and says he has answered me. No, I say. You have told me everything but what I want to know.

6Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

So far, everything looks really good on the wall. I went to Michaels and bought some album frames on sale. I framed my Led zeppelin's, the Stones "Sticky Fingers", In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, a Doors album, Hendrix, Cream. I want the Woodstock album, some Beatles, and will frame other things that the covers appeal to me. I think I need to re-watch Woodstock. I feel like burning incense and smelling patchouli oil. I don't know what has come over me.

7Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Be careful on Craigslist, especially with those who are vague at answering your inquiries about what they have to sell. And don't go meet anyone by yourself either, Bug. I hear about sooo many crimes that originated on Craigslist...

8Project Wall Art Empty Re: Project Wall Art Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yes. Thank you for the warning. You can't be too careful these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum