Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ramekins, what kind?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ramekins, what kind? on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 pm


There are the typical custard cup types and the low flat type. How do you know which one to use when all the recipe tells you is use a ramekin?

2 Re: Ramekins, what kind? on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:40 pm


Typically, this is what I think of when a recipe calls for a ramekin:

but, certainly, it depends upon the recipe.

I use a different type if it's for a main dish ~ usually one of the old fashioned 'Grab-it' rounded bottom, larger casserole type. The straight sided ramekin would be perfect for an individual soufflé or even a lemon pudding cake you wanted to turn out for serving.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum