Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Telling on myself

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Telling on myself Empty Telling on myself Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:54 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I always looked down my nose at DD who bought & made cookies from a mix..

So,,,, guess what? First time ever I bought 4 bags of cookie mix from Harris Teeter,bogo thing.

I made the choc chip. OMG they are so good. Telling on myself 3267860543

dump the mix,add soft 1 stick butter,1 egg.Bake 11 minutes,I used my toaster oven..The chip s  are nice big fat ones too. The cookie is hard & crispy, If I let them bake for 9/10 min they would be soft.

I am sold......

2Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

SEE???

Even old dogs can learn new tricks!

Good for you!

3Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:59 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I mean no lugging that heavy mixer. measuring, etc etc.I do not have to buy chips.I mean no brainier lol.Easy easy easy. I would let Jacob make them.

4Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:41 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:I mean no lugging that heavy mixer. measuring, etc etc.I do not have to buy chips.I mean no brainier lol.Easy easy easy. I would let Jacob make them.

It's like Sherrie ( DIL) she made red velvet cup cakes with the box mix.
They were great with cream cheese icing.

Tina said it takes 5.00 worth of red food coloring to make from scratch...it doesn't pay. Box mix is cheaper.

5Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:36 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I always have boxed mix in the cupboard.Big Lots has them for .99c.

6Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:59 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Sometimes a box mix is better than homemade. I found that out after trying quite a few red velvet cake recipes. All of them were awful. The box mix is good. Another one is the white birthday cake flavor. You just can't do it at home. No one makes that extract that gives that artificial vanilla flavor. Some basic brownie mixes are good too.

7Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:22 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Sometimes a box mix is better than homemade. I found that out after trying quite a few red velvet cake recipes. All of them were awful. The box mix is good. Another one is the white birthday cake flavor. You just can't do it at home. No one makes that extract that gives that artificial vanilla flavor. Some basic brownie mixes are good too.

Years ago, Tina made a red velvet cake when we were living in an apartment.
She used 2 (two) bottles of red cake coloring food dye! We had company, and our friends ate it, and all our teeth and mouth was dyed red. One friend Jay said," It's like I'm eating the cushion from the seats, at the Bijou Theater in NYC.

It was hilariously funny! We all were laughing, as we looked inside each others mouths with red tongues and teeth and lips.

Tina was mortified.

8Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

Poor Tina! At least she tried. In my experimentation with red velvet recipes, I left out the red food coloring. I saw how much coloring it took so I told myself not to bother until I found a recipe that tasted good. Never found one.

9Telling on myself Empty Re: Telling on myself Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:19 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Bugster2 wrote:Sometimes a box mix is better than homemade. I found that out after trying quite a few red velvet cake recipes. All of them were awful. The box mix is good. Another one is the white birthday cake flavor. You just can't do it at home. No one makes that extract that gives that artificial vanilla flavor. Some basic brownie mixes are good too.

Years ago, Tina made a red velvet cake when we were living in an apartment.
She used 2 (two) bottles of red cake coloring food dye! We had company, and our friends ate it, and all our teeth and mouth was dyed red. One friend Jay said," It's like I'm eating the cushion from the seats, at the Bijou Theater in NYC.

It was hilariously funny!  We all were laughing, as we looked inside each others mouths with red tongues and teeth and lips.

Tina was mortified.

Yeah, hilarious to everyone but poor Tilna!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum