Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OK, I guess I will open up a can of worms. (( LABOR DAY )) ???

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

It's that time.......

See...You........In Septemmmmber.. ( The Song )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy0kNX5xrnE

Well.... What's it gonna be?? BBQ?? .... Out To Eat??? ...At the Beach ???

I Have No Clue...what the kids want or what their plans are???
I figured, just a quiet day, and No Huge Feasts...just some burgers and dogs on the grill...

Dips and chips...maybe a London Broil sliced thin. Mac and potato salad... Enough!

I DO NOT want to bust my behind cooking and preparing. Enough already! I don't mean to be selfish, and an old fuddy duddy, but Hey! I am and OLD Fuddy Duddy!!! hahahahah

Seriously, I have No Clue! ... the problem is, the kids, if they get together here, are so Gosh Darn Fussy. They don't eat salads, they don't like this and they don't like that. Onions stink...tomato's feel yucky in their mouth!

SOOoooo! What are You All doing for the Holiday? ? .

Barbara101

Barbara101

the kids, if they get together here, are so Gosh Darn Fussy. They don't eat salads, they don't like this and they don't like that. Onions stink...tomato's feel yucky in their mouth!

WELCOME to my world. I have gotten so fed up with it, I just do not worry myself anymore.
I have not even given it a moments thought..

NormM

NormM

OK, I guess I will open up a can of worms. (( LABOR DAY )) ???  Av-1543

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:OK, I guess I will open up a can of worms. (( LABOR DAY )) ???  Av-1543

Almost as good as faggots (food) a dish popular in the UK.

They had them once in an A&P in the cooler, and they looked good! Then Mom Told me what was in them.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:the kids, if they get together here, are so Gosh Darn Fussy. They don't eat salads, they don't like this and they don't like that. Onions stink...tomato's feel yucky in their mouth!

WELCOME to my world. I have gotten so fed up with it, I just do not  worry myself anymore.
I have not even given it a moments thought..

Really Barb? hahaha I thought Tina and I were the only ones.
DD will eat macaroni salad (the elbows pasta ) but I have to leave hers plain>
She puts olive oil mayo, and like colored red with paprika. I mean...Covered!

Jimmy will only eat elbows with sour cream. He will only eat liverwurst, and with mustard.
He will eat Not One other meat. Loves turkey, but only in the dish; hot with (has to have) gravy.
The gravy Must Be Brown Gravy too!
Never ate greens (salad) , and only special white baby kernel corn. Tina has to have it for him when other veggies are served. OK, I guess I will open up a can of worms. (( LABOR DAY )) ???  1838020472

God forbid he finds a small piece of onion in anything! Even caramelized and cooked. He will not eat!

bethk

bethk
Admin

We're getting together with friends. One is making ribs, another is bringing vegetables & salad, I'm taking some of the shrimp for roasted shrimp cocktail and I'm thinking of making the creamed corn recipe from the local restaurant cookbook I purchased. Oh, and I have a frozen peach yogurt pie in the freezer I'll take along. I know someone will eat it.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Well , here is the preliminary run down.
DIL stopped by after work today!
She said she was going to do ribs. Sunday ....and I said,"Here?"
Yes, she said. "Just a rack!" ...I said "Good, not like Memorial day when I wound up doing 5 or six racks of ribs, and then they were all left over!" .....

SOOooo! It's low key, with hot dogs and burgers. Then somehow, corn on the cob got thrown in there. DIL said she got the ribs buns and ground beef for burgers, and will drop it off tomorrow.

Good! Now! DD didn't get to put her input into it! That's the scary part. I don't know what they are doing, but if they come here, I know DD will go ballistic setting up and making so much food, it will go to animal feed in the long run!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum