Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flooding in Phoenix

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Flooding in Phoenix on Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm

JanaAZ

I don't know if you have seen any news coverage but you should see the floods happening in Phoenix. Usually the area I live in doesn't get much rain but this morning, we got so much, my pool overflowed. A few miles north of me got over 4 inches in an hour or two. While that may not seem like a lot, in a mountainous area, everything runs down and those at the bottom of the mountains got overrun.

Even our main highway out of Phoenix to the North got closed down for mudslides and water. What a mess. I'm hoping our place in the mountains is ok. I heard they got a lot of rain, too, and we're near the bottom of a hill there.

2 Re: Flooding in Phoenix on Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:52 am

bethk

Admin
I'll have my fingers & toes crossed for you until you have a chance to get there to check it out.

Stay safe.

3 Re: Flooding in Phoenix on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:18 am

Crybaby

I did indeed see the news about all the rain in Phoenix, Jana, and immediately thought of some of you who live out that way! I also have a friend that was flying in last Thursday who I was worried about.

Let us know when you're able to check on your place in the mountains. I sure hope it's okay.

P.S. I envy you your pool in this weather but was told I could never go swimming again now that I wear this pump and have the port. Sort of cruel for a person who lives in a hot climate...

4 Re: Flooding in Phoenix on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:58 am

NormM

Hope everything works out OK for you. I heard they got more rain in a day than they usually get in a year.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

5 Re: Flooding in Phoenix on Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:40 pm

Imelda HL

It's so scary on the news, watching the floods and cars and huge trees got washed away.. OTH it's not enough rain in here, about 60 miles from Phoenix, only dust and sand storm.. so far we got so little rain, only enough to wet the ground

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum