Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

They're Back!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 They're Back! on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:00 pm

Bugster2

ANTS!!!! I have cleaned up ants every day this week and I am tired of it. It makes me want to move. Today they came out of the wall in the den, made their way, 20 feet, to the cat's food. I have to pull out the high beam flashlight, get on my hands and knees and follow the trail to its' source. Windex and ant spray, then the paper towels and vacuum. Two days ago they came out of a pinhole 15 feet up in the ceiling and made their way to the cat food. They came out of some place under the tiles in my kitchen and got my fudge. They came in through the den window and got my bag of See's candies. Enough already.

2 Re: They're Back! on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:45 pm

bethk

Admin
The cat food is easy....been there, done that.

Put the dish on a plate that has water in it. It's like a moat and they cannot make it to the food.

I use to have ants, thousands of them, that came out of a heat vent from some nest under the house. They appeared for no apparent reason and were only in the downstairs bathroom....but ALL OVER THE FLOOR. It was so gross. Then I had to spray the floor & baseboards and turn on the vent for a couple hours to get rid of the fumes. Ants gone.

3 Re: They're Back! on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Bugster2

I feel for you.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum