Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner??

+5
Imelda HL
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

NormM

NormM

Charlie says thank you for the birthday wishes.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Ravioli

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Ravioli

OK!.... I could go for that.

We are having Tina's recipe for stuffed peppers. Green bells.

3 peppers cut in half...beef and rice filling. Good goshes. I just hope the filling is firm, and not slushy. I do not like meat loaf / meatballs / or even stuffed cabbages
mushy. A little soft is ok, but I don't like when It slides through the tines of the fork. yuuuck!
I got my fingers crossed. I do like to chew ya know!....

SOoooo! Stay Tuned for the review.  Laughing   Laughing 

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Ravioli2-1

Almost done.Then baked..

I am like you, very picky with my stuffed peppers.I do not like the green ones.I like the filling firm.Not swimming in sauce.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went to a soup & salad place with a friend for supper.

My friend and I were out because I had to order a new refrigerator at Home Depot. Sick and tired of the 'bad luck' cloud following me around. Darn it. I'm NOT a terrible person. No one should get stuck with EVERYTHING breaking down at once.

I called Dane and told him the ice maker in the freezer quiting when he was home was like a knock on the door....we should have figured it was about to depart. The refrigerator was alternating between cooling and room temperature or warm air and a zip bag of wrapped burgers I had on the freezer floor suddenly thawed and leaked meat juices all over. Thank heavens I have the other fridge in the garage to put most everything from the kitchen in.

But they are going to deliver my new LG 3-door on Thursday.

Now just keep your fingers crossed we don't get a hurricane and my villa roof blows off.....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh boy Beth. Are you sure your place isn't over a Old sacred burial grounds. geeesh!....

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[font=Comic Sans MS]The peppers and stuffing was perfect.
The peppers were sweet tasting, and I ate three halves. It's only 70º out so Tina baked them inside in the oven.

I took pics....soon as I develope them, I will post.

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 NxRFli

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 RyH1KM

Uncle Gabe ready To Chow Down...
[AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 YrlAL4/font]

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Ravioliparm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gosh but all the food looks SO good. Makes me hungry even though I had a huge salad and a bowl of soup. But, unlike Barb, I don't want a big casserole with leftovers ~ right now I don't have ANY extra freezer space. That poor garage fridge is stuffed to the gills!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I already cut & bagged my leftovers . I do need a bigger freezer tho.Standing one not the one I have. Also frost free.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Gosh but all the food looks SO good.  Makes me hungry even though I had a huge salad and a bowl of soup.  But, unlike Barb, I don't want a big casserole with leftovers ~ right now I don't have ANY extra freezer space.  That poor garage fridge is stuffed to the gills!

haahahahaha..... Last week, Tina spent some time cleaning out the refridge.
I  was surprised and opened it, and shouted WOW WOW WOW, just so I could hear an echo with the empty shelves.
Then, we made sure the kids opened the door, to see an avalanche free
refrigerator.

That cleaned out fridge was the center of attraction, and the neighbor even put the milk back after he added it to his coffee. Gee, he said, I get a choice of three spots this milk container can go without knocking something over.

Don't look now though. It's right back to stage 3 avalanche stage.

Getting something out that is in the back, is like playing that game, "Pick Up Sticks!"  Mad   

Barbara101

Barbara101

Boy I am just the opposite lol.My fridge is really organized.
Jimmy Tinas peppers look great.Even tho I can not eat the green ones.

I have some leftover spinach ricotta from yesterday so I am going to make a tomato pie.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Boy I am just the opposite lol.My fridge is really organized.
Jimmy Tinas peppers look great.Even tho I can not eat the green ones.

I have some leftover spinach ricotta from yesterday so I am going to make a tomato pie.

Barb.... believe me, my refrigerator would be in order too, if it weren't
for the Them's, they's, other's and those people around here.

It's nothing that irks me more, than an unorganized reefer.
A real screamer for me, is loading it up with canned stuff that needs no refigeration. For example, two ketchups. one open and one in there just to get cold, or two mustards' of the same kind.

bethk

bethk
Admin

OMG ~ I am in heaven!

After getting VERY good news from the last (and final) recommended HVAC installer's estimate, I was hungry enough to eat a bear. But I don't think I really want bear.

I went to Fresh Market and got some Turkey/Pepper/Onion sausages. Sounded good to me.

and the BEST PART of my meal was the potatoes, cooked in with everything and absorbing the flavors in the pan.

OMG ! SO, SO GOOD!!!!

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 080414

I only ate half of what's on my plate in the pic. I saved one sausage, one potato & a pile of peppers & onions for another meal. Goodness, I feel great!

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Tomatoharvest2-1

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Tomatotart2014b

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 Tomatotart2014c

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb ~ so gorgeous!!!

Bet it tasted as good as it looks.

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 3267860543   AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 3593629538   AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 2599281016 

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

[font=Comic Sans MS]Beth and Barb, the meals are so gorgeous.
The tomatoes I could smell just looking at the picture.

Beth, Turkey Onion Sausage??? Never even knew they made turkey sausage. Huh!
Maybe it's a Florida thing? Chicken sausage we have, but I guess the markets don't make it up here.

We were supposed to have Hot Dogs, but we were too lazy, and my stomach was twisted today for some reason. IDK! ..... Tina went to MacDonalds and got me a big Mac, and fries.
I didn't like it. It was so sweet. There was ketchup and mayo together too. I don't like that.

I gave it to her to eat, and then I had a double MacCheese plain that was extra. She sort of knew I wouldn't like the other one; so she bought the plain burger. She is smart, that girl.

font]

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

So Far.... So Good for today!
It's Hot dogs tonight, and Tina Baby Made Potato Salad to have with the hot dogs.
Bush's Beans in the can, and it's good to go.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Bush's Beans are MY go to canned bean to serve. Love 'em!

I've just done leftovers today. Finished up the (faux) Jambalaya and the sausage & pepper/onions. The potatoes don't taste as good warmed up. Oh well.

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 008-3

Fried zucchini for a snack that may be dinner along with leftover tomato pie..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Those look like my baked zucchini chips. Did you just pan fry?

Love 'em!!

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

You couldn't fry those fast enough Barb.

I don't know what it is, but Potato Pancakes and those Zucchini cakes are so tempting, they never fill the serving platter before someone (me) starts gomming them down.
Actually anything breaded and fried crispy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I fried them,, panko & parm. Cheater ranch salad dressing.Now that I think about it, I could have baked them  AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 2 2855670339 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum