Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner??

+5
Imelda HL
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
UNCLE JIMMY
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 14]

NormM

NormM

I have a Mac. this was posted by copying the one that started URL

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 IMG_2536

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

152AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Imelda HL wrote:my parent in-laws have a fig tree in their front yard.. it has lot and lot of fruits... last month I picked a bag full of them and forgot about them, until I saw them sitting in my fridge drawer yesterday.. and they went right to the trash can, they were all sticky and mushy  Shocked 

I cooked some chicken and dumplings for the first time yesterday.. to my surprise, I like it..  Razz  DH loves it, he talked about how his Mom cooked it when they were little, so yesterday I cooked it my way.. well.. Pioneer Woman's way.. sort of.. I added some plain yogurt instead of heavy cream

Nice new fridge, Beth.. I need an extra freezer now.. a standing freezer will work.. maybe I'll put in on my wish list for Christmas gift  Razz 

I have a question now for chicken noodle soup I'm going to cook this Sunday.. do you guys boil the noodles separately or just dump them in the soup, and cook them with the broth and chicken meats.. .. I cooked a lot of Asian style noodles, but the first time for this

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 DSCN9937

Imelda,
I cook my noodles separately. I make enough for a couple of meals. The next day I reheat the soup, and just place the noodles in the bowl. It reheats them automatically.

153AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:56 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:I love fried bologna samiches too.  

So does Brian, Jimmy.  He talks about fried bologna more than he makes it, however.

Maybe if he only had a boloney....he would make it. If not, then tell him to stop the phony boloney. LOL

154AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Barb wrote:lol nope. What you think this is a diner??. I used to tell my kids that.   Blu is a acquired taste. I happen to just love it. I just bought green olives stuffed with it. Oh yum..

I like most bleu cheeses but Gorganzola is my fave -- would love those figs just as you made them, B!

My mom and dad would sit and cut blu cheese and eat it with crackers, and enjoy a few beers with it. My brother and I would look in disgust.....but after finding out that penicillin was made from mold, we tasted it, and loved it.

Whilst we are the subject of cheese. My mom worked with a woman ( Peggy ) that would torment her husband. She lived in a sour relationship, and she once took a piece of Limburger Cheese, and put it on top of is car radiator. The husband hated the smell of cheese, and so she got to fix his goat.
He never found where the stink was coming from because it melted and flowed down over the radiator...

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thanks Norm. I know I'm doing something wrong. i have to work on it

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

Thank you Beth and Michelle.. I'll do that  AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 3593629538 

I have Egg Bread recipe by Jetfan printed out and am going to bake some bread..

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 10592715_4385626536760_3915665166070457466_n

crabcakes.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 10592715_4385626536760_3915665166070457466_n

crabcakes.

Wow!... they look super.
What kind of sauce is that ladled on top Barb?

Barbara101

Barbara101

mayo,sour cream & dill weed.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:mayo,sour cream & dill weed.

WEED???.....haaaaaa

no....just kidding ...was thinking funny about something else.
Sounds really good, and Tina loves weed. (dill)

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 2876911673 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 2876911673 

I took a puff off someones 'weed' ...Lots of booze was involved on my part.Good ole days when I had fun...But then I throw up,so much for that.. AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 2363720550   AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 411572088 

162AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:01 am

Niagara Visitor

I had some last minute dinner guests last night. Had invited neighbours for dinner, then Marion asked if it could be changed to Sunday, for they were planning to help another neighbour bring in their hay. Then it rained. Hay not being done, but sunshine coming on Sunday (Hay then) I was out, and when I came home, there was a message from my neighbour "Any possibility of making the dinner tonight still?" I am nothing, if not adaptable, so I said "sure".

Then I figured that if I'm cooking for three, might as well cook for 5, and invited the haying neighbours also. That meant a change of menu. I had some grouper and some cajun catfish in the freezer, they defrosted quickly, Cooked some shrimp for an appy, did what my friend calls a galley round up for veggies in the fridge for a salad.,Put Yukon Golds sweet potatoes and onions in the oven, Fish went in a half hour later.

I had no dessert because I was planning to get groceries today, so, cheese to the rescue. I had some Gouda, Cambozola, extra old sharp cheddar, and some other cheese of unknown name, so along with coffee and lots of both Niagara, and some South African wine, no one went home hungry.

I work well under pressure, had no time to worry about what to serve.

163AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Making a pot of red sauce today..  AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 3267860543 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 1223290054 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 1223290054 

bethk

bethk
Admin

That sounds like quite a spread, Niagara! I'm sure your friends were more than pleased with what you served.

So, Barb, what are your plans for your red sauce? I saw a baked stuffed manicotti on Guy Fierri's show today that looked really good. He just soaked the manicotti shells in a bowl of really hot water instead of boiling, then stuffed and poured over a roasted red pepper sauce....I'd prefer a red sauce smoothed out with a bit of cream myself, but the show gave me an idea to try next time I have manicotti shells or big regular shells in the pantry.

His stuffing was smoked chicken, spinach and cheese....something to think about.

When we were at Costco yesterday (part of our 'day trip') I picked up a 3-pack of San Marzano canned tomatoes - the big cans - for $4.69. What a deal.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Making a pot of red sauce today..   AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 3267860543 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 1223290054 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 1223290054 

Same here too! Meatballs also cooking in the sauce...

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:Making a pot of red sauce today..   AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 3267860543 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 1223290054 AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 1223290054 

Same here too! Meatballs also cooking in the sauce...

Just made some. I half bake mine then put them in the sauce to finish cooking.

I got all sorts of diff pasta the other day.

Beth, I saw how to do that somewhere too. Next time I make them or lasagna I am going to that.

Can not even look at that GUY  affraid  No  clown 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I knew Dane would want something for supper....but what did I want to make?

I had some chicken tenders so I decided to do a panko coating and then the rest of the meal just kind of fell into place:

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 081714

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 081714deviledeggs

Barbara101

Barbara101

Oh Man that looks like some good dinner..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Thanks.

Dane's still trying to cut back on his carbs so I'm attempting to come up with substitutes for potatoes where I can. I realize green beans and panko aren't exactly the best way to go, but if I cut out all his carbs he'll crave them and then we're back at square one.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Thanks.

Dane's still trying to cut back on his carbs so I'm attempting to come up with substitutes for potatoes where I can.  I realize green beans and panko aren't exactly the best way to go, but if I cut out all his carbs he'll crave them and then we're back at square one.

I would imagine Dane would not like sweet taters, but I'll bet he would like those Sweat potato, Potato Puffs.

Tina bought them for Gabe, and I tried a few. They were great, and not greasy.
Less carbs than regular potatoes.
I've been taking 2 apple cider vinegar capsules with carbs too.
I will see how my blood test came out soon.

I just ate angel hair spaghetti....AND bread and butter. I need to drink a gallon of vinegar after that.

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Sundayragu7

well I had carbs..One helping, not the whole bowl.. No bread.No wine.

172AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Empty Re: AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:31 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Sundayragu7

well I had carbs..One helping, not the whole bowl.. No bread.No wine.

Looks good Barb...
We call sauce like that "A Eatin Sauce"....because it can be eaten and picked up with a fork; it is so nice and thick. Ummmmm!!!!! Very Happy 

I was a good boy. And a smart one too!
I made waffles for everyone this late morning, and son , DIL. and GD and DD were here. BUT.... I didn't eat any. I saved mine for later tonight for my dessert and snack B4 Bed. hahahahaha I'll fire up the maker later, and even Tina said, count me in.

It was carbs all day for me. Tina is in her bed watching TV and stuffing a bag of cotton candy down. She loves cotton candy. The kids were in Wildwood, NJ at a tattoo convention, and so they brought Tina back three bags of Cotton Candy.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy reminded me I had some frozen potato crowns (not the sweet potato kind, but, hey, ya gotta splurge once in a while!) so that determined supper:

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 081814

Barbara101

Barbara101

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Corncrab7

AUGUST 2014, What's Cooking for Dinner?? - Page 7 Corncrab5

I had some leftover crabcake mix from when I made crabcakes the other day. I added corn.Fried them. Slice of heirloom tomato. Dab of honey mustard.

Corn Crab cakes .I also ate all 7 of them.. cheers

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Looks low carb enough for me Beth...
I don't think Tina ever bought those kind of tater tots.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ... could you imagine having something called Potato Tot's in the 60's.
LOL

Tonight Tina made a vegetable soup with burger meat.
A good trick she used that she got from Lidia __ __ itch ... The Italian cook on TV.
She ( Lidia, adds wine to the ground round, and squishes it all up with her hand till the beef mushes up fine) and she then browned it with the onions. That's the way she makes Bolognese sauce.

Tina didn't use wine, but she used water, and It Worked great.
I'm gonna try it when I make the "Greek Style Chili Sauce" next time/

I'm gonna have the soup with some Italian Fresh seeded bread that she went specially to Anthony's and Sons Bakery 25 minutes from us. Naturally it will be Buttered. A Lot!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum