Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where did the Old Man Go???

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

This is funny!  affraid   

I usually don't appreciate looking in the mirror, and seeing Old Man Jimmy!

I have always (the last few years ) every 3 or 4 months, touched up the gray hair, with Just For Men color kit.
Maria said, I was wasting money and she picked me up the Clairol Dye and Catalyst at the beauty supply; like really dirt cheap. She has her state license so she gets stuff super cheap.

Anyway, she told me it's a 1 to 1 ratio in the mix, and told me,"Dad don't go over 25 to 30 minutes when you wash out the dye!"

I figured, what the heck, I'll give it 45 minutes.

I think it's hilarious.  No one has seen me except the cats, and they are looking at me like I am a stranger. hahahahaha

So Now....here is the New Me!.... Just a little darker than normal hair, and not One stitch of gray.

2 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:16 am

bethk

Admin
a hat would have been easier....

ah, the quest to be young ! I went from almost ALL silver to my favored red a few years ago. Man, what a pita to keep it up. Within 2 weeks the front grew out enough to look like my hair was just levitating off my head. NOT a pretty sight. Not pretty at all. LOL

I finally decided to give it up (for the second time) and just go with my silver. As with my wrinkles, I think I've 'earned' each and every one of those silver strands and I wear 'em with pride.

3 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:33 am

NormM

I don't think my gray shows up when it's on my head but boy you can sure see it when it is on the floor at the barbershop.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:a hat would have been easier....

ah, the quest to be young !  I went from almost ALL silver to my favored red a few years ago.  Man, what a pita to keep it up.  Within 2 weeks the front grew out enough to look like my hair was just levitating off my head.  NOT a pretty sight.  Not pretty at all.  LOL

I finally decided to give it up (for the second time) and just go with my silver.  As with my wrinkles, I think I've 'earned' each and every one of those silver strands and I wear 'em with pride.

That's one thing I never wear, is a hat.
We were always taught a hat worn in the house will make your hair fall out quicker. hahaaaaa

Tina didn't even notice the extreme darkening this morning.
I had to do that Woman Thing, and say.... "Do You Notice?".... and she's looking, and I'm smiling. Finally I said,"Notice anything different about me?"

Then she said," OMG, you colored out the gray!" ..... She said it looked good!

At least it passed the "Tina Test!"

5 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I don't think my gray shows up when it's on my head but boy you can sure see it when it is on the floor at the barbershop.

Me too Norm.

Actually I still have color (med. brown.) but the Gray is taking over each year that goes by.

DD cuts my hair (free is good ) and on nice days, we set up on the deck.

I could see the hair which looks like steel wool. Then DD sweeps it off and onto the grass (weeds) in the back. I cringe when she does that. I told her, the birds will take it, and build nests out of the hair, and whilst they do that, Daddy will suffer with headaches. ( Old wives tale )   

I have no respect for hair. By that I mean, I could care less what my hair cut looks like; as long as it is short, and as long as it does not tickle my ears or I can feel it when the wind blows. I can't stand that.

I have naturally curly hair, and as soon as it starts to curl...off it comes.
Tina said most women would kill to have hair like that.....

When I was a kid, I was blond up until like 7 when the color changed to a brown.
I hated it, because the girls always commented on my curls, and some just loved to run their fingers through it. I hate that! DON'T Touch MY HAIR...Period.

Then..... my mom would cringe if I didn't comb my hair with a part, and with a Pomp over the forehead. She would correct it and show me how to use finger to form a pomp. I called it sissy chit....

It wasn't until I was like 15 or 16, that I was able to get a short cut (Butch) or GI cut.   

6 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:29 pm

NormM

My dad and I both have wavy hair if we let it grow out. One day when I was out in the field in the army with a heavy wool hat on, my head started itching and I took it off. A bunch of hair fell out and never grew back but I have not lost any more since then and never wore a hat after I got out of the Army again, at least not until recently but then only occasionally and for short periods.

7 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Now that's a very handsome young lad there!

God Bless You!....

8 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:42 pm

bethk

Admin
Gee, Norm...even as a youngster you were a Cutie Patootie!

9 Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? on Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:44 pm

NormM

The top picture is my dad. He was the good looking one.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum