Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where did the Old Man Go???

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:24 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

This is funny!  affraid  Where did the Old Man Go??? 2876911673 

I usually don't appreciate looking in the mirror, and seeing Old Man Jimmy!

I have always (the last few years ) every 3 or 4 months, touched up the gray hair, with Just For Men color kit.
Maria said, I was wasting money and she picked me up the Clairol Dye and Catalyst at the beauty supply; like really dirt cheap. She has her state license so she gets stuff super cheap.

Anyway, she told me it's a 1 to 1 ratio in the mix, and told me,"Dad don't go over 25 to 30 minutes when you wash out the dye!"

I figured, what the heck, I'll give it 45 minutes.

I think it's hilarious.  No one has seen me except the cats, and they are looking at me like I am a stranger. hahahahaha

So Now....here is the New Me!.... Just a little darker than normal hair, and not One stitch of gray.

Where did the Old Man Go??? 40vu

Where did the Old Man Go??? Up8p

2Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:16 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

a hat would have been easier....

ah, the quest to be young ! I went from almost ALL silver to my favored red a few years ago. Man, what a pita to keep it up. Within 2 weeks the front grew out enough to look like my hair was just levitating off my head. NOT a pretty sight. Not pretty at all. LOL

I finally decided to give it up (for the second time) and just go with my silver. As with my wrinkles, I think I've 'earned' each and every one of those silver strands and I wear 'em with pride.

3Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:33 am

NormM

NormM

I don't think my gray shows up when it's on my head but boy you can sure see it when it is on the floor at the barbershop.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:39 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:a hat would have been easier....

ah, the quest to be young !  I went from almost ALL silver to my favored red a few years ago.  Man, what a pita to keep it up.  Within 2 weeks the front grew out enough to look like my hair was just levitating off my head.  NOT a pretty sight.  Not pretty at all.  LOL

I finally decided to give it up (for the second time) and just go with my silver.  As with my wrinkles, I think I've 'earned' each and every one of those silver strands and I wear 'em with pride.

That's one thing I never wear, is a hat.
We were always taught a hat worn in the house will make your hair fall out quicker. hahaaaaa

Tina didn't even notice the extreme darkening this morning.
I had to do that Woman Thing, and say.... "Do You Notice?".... and she's looking, and I'm smiling. Finally I said,"Notice anything different about me?"

Then she said," OMG, you colored out the gray!" ..... She said it looked good!

At least it passed the "Tina Test!"

5Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:06 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I don't think my gray shows up when it's on my head but boy you can sure see it when it is on the floor at the barbershop.

Me too Norm.

Actually I still have color (med. brown.) but the Gray is taking over each year that goes by.

DD cuts my hair (free is good ) and on nice days, we set up on the deck.

I could see the hair which looks like steel wool. Then DD sweeps it off and onto the grass (weeds) in the back. I cringe when she does that. I told her, the birds will take it, and build nests out of the hair, and whilst they do that, Daddy will suffer with headaches. ( Old wives tale )  Where did the Old Man Go??? 1450907917 

I have no respect for hair. By that I mean, I could care less what my hair cut looks like; as long as it is short, and as long as it does not tickle my ears or I can feel it when the wind blows. I can't stand that.

I have naturally curly hair, and as soon as it starts to curl...off it comes.
Tina said most women would kill to have hair like that.....

When I was a kid, I was blond up until like 7 when the color changed to a brown.
I hated it, because the girls always commented on my curls, and some just loved to run their fingers through it. I hate that! DON'T Touch MY HAIR...Period.

Then..... my mom would cringe if I didn't comb my hair with a part, and with a Pomp over the forehead. She would correct it and show me how to use finger to form a pomp. I called it sissy chit....

It wasn't until I was like 15 or 16, that I was able to get a short cut (Butch) or GI cut.  Where did the Old Man Go??? 2787578702 

6Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:29 pm

NormM

NormM

My dad and I both have wavy hair if we let it grow out. One day when I was out in the field in the army with a heavy wool hat on, my head started itching and I took it off. A bunch of hair fell out and never grew back but I have not lost any more since then and never wore a hat after I got out of the Army again, at least not until recently but then only occasionally and for short periods.

Where did the Old Man Go??? PDR_0019_2_zpsfa56d067

Where did the Old Man Go??? PDR_0041_zps9f52b785

7Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:29 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Now that's a very handsome young lad there!

God Bless You!....

8Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, Norm...even as a youngster you were a Cutie Patootie!

9Where did the Old Man Go??? Empty Re: Where did the Old Man Go??? Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:44 pm

NormM

NormM

The top picture is my dad. He was the good looking one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum