Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brownie Crackle

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brownie Crackle Empty Brownie Crackle Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:30 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I went to a small get-together recently and one of the ladies purchased a bag of 'Brownie Crisps' ~ thin, crispy brownie like crisps broken into small pieces. Yummy, but too expensive for my tastes....I'd have eaten the entire little bag in one sitting.

I was checking out some of my favorite food blogs and found a recipe for Toffee Brownie Crackle that sure as heck looked and sounded like the treat we were served. And the list of ingredients was so small that I just knew it wasn't expensive. I didn't have any Heath brickle candies but I did have some Andes Mint baking bits...and I also substituted with some salted, roasted pecans.

Here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/2014/06/06/toffee-brownie-crackle-crispy-crunchy-brownie-wafer-cookies/

The brownie batter gets spread thin on a parchment lined half-sheet pan and sprinkled with your toppings. Then it bakes for 15 minutes, at which time you remove from the oven and score with a knife into the size crisps you prefer. The pan goes back into the oven for another 10 minutes or so. When you can feel they are done, remove from the oven to cool:

Brownie Crackle BrownieCrackle1

I removed the Crackle pieces from around the edge, which were crispy to a cooling rack:

Brownie Crackle BrownieCrackle2

The Crackle pieces on the inside seemed to be a bit soft so I moved them apart from one another and put them back in the still hot oven (turned off) to dry out a bit more:

Brownie Crackle BrownieCrackle3

I think the topping combinations are limitless and making this as just a plain brownie crackle would be wonderful to break up as a topping for some homemade vanilla ice cream.

2Brownie Crackle Empty Re: Brownie Crackle Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:44 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

I'm not much of a baker and we're already in the low 90s so I don't turn on the oven unless it's a necessity, but these look great, Beth.  I'd have to hide them after making them, as Brian and I could NOT be trusted not to gobble them up at one sitting!  

You ought to make sure that lady that brought the expensive ones gets to try them.  You could make her some and give her the recipe!

3Brownie Crackle Empty Re: Brownie Crackle Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:06 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yeah, I thought of that. But some people are like, "I DON'T cook and I'm not about to...." I don't understand it but I guess it's OK. I will make another batch the next time we all get together (they are so easy and simple) and even if the same lady isn't there, the rest can decide if they are close enough to the store bought to be worth giving it a try.

Then again, they just may ask me to continue making them and sharing....

LOL

4Brownie Crackle Empty Re: Brownie Crackle Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:30 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

Just now saw this.Wonder what is up with me not getting my notices?

Looks good.I am not turning on my huge oven lol.Anything I bake from now on goes in the toaster oven..

5Brownie Crackle Empty Re: Brownie Crackle Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:42 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

They sell large bags of the brownie crackle at Costco. I have always wondered what they tasted like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum