Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How often do you buy

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How often do you buy Empty How often do you buy Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Carrots?

85c for a lb.yet I use 2 or 3 & end up tossing the rest.

What do you do with carrots.??

2How often do you buy Empty Re: How often do you buy Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:10 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I use lots of carrots....

vegetable omelette w/carrot, celery & onion, always in pot roast, simmered in my marinara for a bit of sweetness.

salads, of course, with a dip, julienned (with our handy-dandy julienne slicer) and then cooked with a bit of onion and yellow & green zucchini for vegetable spaghetti, roasted with parsnips (my absolute favorite), cut into rounds and just boiled & then butter and s&p.....

shredded for carrot salad w/pineapple and a little bit of mayo,, maybe some raisins or currents OR (even better) dried cherries...

carrot cake or shredded and added to zucchini muffins (especially mini muffins)......

well, that's all I can think of right now. But I use lots of carrots.

3How often do you buy Empty Re: How often do you buy Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:43 pm

NormM

NormM

I buy carrots, because they are good for me, put them in the refrigerator and forget about them until they go bad then get some more. Just kidding

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

4How often do you buy Empty Re: How often do you buy Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

How often do you buy 2876911673 thats what I do.I use 2 or 3 then the rest get all hairy,toss them.I need to buy 3.

5How often do you buy Empty Re: How often do you buy Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:02 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I buy carrots all of the time. I use them in soups, meatloaf, glazed carrots with a pot roast, salads. I usually just buy 2 or 3 at a time so I never have to toss them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum