Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!"

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:39 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well that's good news, to be sure. I hate waiting for test results.

27" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:38 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3602300868 Jimmy going low carb is not all that bad.You can google that. Loads & loads of great food & recipes.You just have to read the carb count & the portion size.Cut back cut back cut back.No 4 hot dogs.lol Not the whole cake.Not all that bread ..Lowest carb fresh bread is Sourdough..Then rye.Cut back on your pasta.Size of baseball or fist.Breyers has a carb free or low carb Ice cream that is not ice cream by any stretch of the imagination but it is pretty good.1 cup will do you.Don't do like someone I know & eat from the carton.. pig  " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 2876911673 

You know you know..

28" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:45 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I get my test & complete office visits ,appt etc etc etc. Online. before I even get home from appt.I go to a university hospital doc.They do my blood work,kidney function,urine all that stuff right there.Then send me the results for my own records.

29" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:Well, that sounds encouraging. Hopefully things will get resolved and you can see straight again.

Thanks Dr. Bugs.....we are praying!

30" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:48 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3602300868 Jimmy going low carb is not all that bad.You can google that. Loads & loads of great food & recipes.You just have to read the carb count & the portion size.Cut back cut back cut back.No 4 hot dogs.lol Not the whole cake.Not all that bread ..Lowest carb fresh bread is Sourdough..Then rye.Cut back on your pasta.Size of baseball or fist.Breyers has a carb free or low carb Ice cream that is not ice cream by any stretch of the imagination but it is pretty good.1 cup will do you.Don't do like someone I know & eat from the carton.. pig  " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 2876911673 

You know you know..

" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 2876911673 " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 2876911673 " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 2876911673 ....Oh Barb, don't make me laugh!

All that laughing excersizes my stomach, and it's making me hungry!  lol! 

31" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Went to see the eye Dr. today at 1:00...

She said there is quivering of the eye ( left eye ) which is a good indication the mini stroke will repair itself and the double vision caused by the nerve that works the eye muscle will go back to working again. She wants to see me for followup in 6 weeks and then in 12 weeks.

I asked her if taking Ocuvite pills would help? She said NO....take a B vitamin Complex

Tina picked them up at Eds health food store in town. $27.00 for 60 ct. horse pills slow release.

32" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:32 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, Great news all around!!

So happy!!!  " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3561122519 

BTW my own eye docs recommend just a B complex multi vitamin..like Centrum Silver.......

" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 940422454   " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3602300868 

33" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, Great news all around!!

So happy!!!    " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3561122519 

BTW my own eye docs recommend just a B complex multi vitamin..like Centrum Silver.......

" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 940422454    " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3602300868 

Thank cookingirl....

Tina panicked and when the vision happened, she bought me Ocuvite which did not help as far as I know.
I do take Cemtrum Silver for men over 50. Now with the B Complex, I guess I'm well covered.

I just have a B/P problem. I cannot get that Top first number low enough.

I runs 180 to 160 / 90 or 80

I would be happy with 140/80. I guess the 190/110 caused the stroke.
The Dr. said that High B/P or Diabetes will do that ?????.....

34" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:39 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, I noticed that when I switched to decaf coffee, my bp went down quite a bit...I use a Keurig machine, for just me.
Now, after 3 months of decaf, I find that when I have a full caff coffee, I am wired!!!!
You really cannot tell the difference in taste of the decaf. It will take about a week to get the caffeine out of your system...I think it is worth it......
just a thought....and when I lose at least 5 lbs, the bp goes down also........

For me, the top number is the one which runs ski high when I am nervous or anxious......
The best one was at the doc's when it was 117/ 78!!
At home it is usually lower...when stressed it can go as high as 150/90!!!!!!!!!

35" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, I noticed that when I switched to decaf coffee, my bp went down quite a bit...I use a Keurig machine, for just me.
Now, after 3 months of decaf, I find that when I have a full caff coffee, I am wired!!!!
You really cannot tell the difference in taste of the decaf. It will take about a week to get the caffeine out of your system...I think it is worth it......
just a thought....and when I lose at least 5 lbs, the bp goes down also........

For me, the top number is the one which runs ski high when I am nervous or anxious......
The best one was at the doc's when it was 117/ 78!!
At home it is usually lower...when stressed it can go as high as 150/90!!!!!!!!!

We use the Keurig machine also.
That's a good thought using decaff. I cannot tell the difference either.
I did limit the caffeine to one, and maybe two in the am. I need the one at least to get me going. I do drink decaff green / black tea that Tina bought us.

I don't smoke any more ( 3- 1/2 years now, but I do Vape ) E-Cig use; with low nicotine. I can breath now, and no coughing spells or difficulty breathing like when I smoked... 2- 1/2 to 3 packs a day! WoW!!! I know...Crazy huh?

I can afford to lose weight, and I know for a fact, that if I can shed 20 off this 6 foot frame 250 Lbs. my pressure will come down.

I still cannot figure out why in the AM my pressure is the highest.
This am it was 182 / 90....... now at 3 PM it is.....152 / 70

I take VALSARTAN-HZTZ 160-25 MG IN THE MORNING
and.... METROPROLOL TARTA -50 MG BEFORE BED TIME.

1 Full size 325 MG aspirin at bed time also.

There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it???

My heart rate at rest is generally 72 to 76 B.P.M. That's great for a soon to be 70 year old man. At least I think so!

36" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:27 am

cookingirl

cookingirl

Jimmy, It could be high in the morning because you have not had your BP pills yet????? maybe??

Just a thought...and sometimes it varies from arm to arm!!!
lots of crazy stuff with bp..........

37" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, It could be high in the morning because you have not had your BP pills yet????? maybe??

Just a thought...and sometimes it varies from arm to arm!!!
lots of crazy stuff with bp..........

Thanks cookingirl.
One important thing, would be to check the calibration of the gauge on my test cuff.
I am using a dial gauge, but I would prefer a mercury manometer.
I may purchase one on ebay.

38" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 Empty Re: " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
cookingirl wrote:Jimmy, Great news all around!!

So happy!!!    " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3561122519 

" Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 940422454    " Uncle Jimmy Sees Two of everything!" - Page 2 3602300868 

Thank cookingirl....

Tina panicked and when the vision happened, she bought me Ocuvite which did not help as far as I know.
I do take Cemtrum Silver for men over 50. Now with the B Complex, I guess I'm well covered.

I just have a B/P problem. I cannot get that Top first number low enough.

I runs 180 to 160 / 90 or 80

It is the bottom number you need to keep down. At 80 it is borderline high.

I would be happy with 140/80.  I guess the 190/110 caused the stroke.
The Dr. said that High B/P or Diabetes will do that ?????.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum