Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Creamy poblano bisque

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Creamy poblano bisque on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:34 am

JanaAZ

Last week a friend asked me if I had a recipe for poblano bisque.  She just had it in Waco, Texas and just loved it.  I didn't have a recipe, but it sounded so good, I decided to come up with one.

Of course, we probably all have some idea of what a bisque should be like, so I started from there.  I came up with a recipe that is really good (if I do say so  myself) and when I served it to a friend, she went crazy over it.

If you would like the recipe, it's http://www.examiner.com/article/for-an-easy-and-delicious-glutlen-free-soup-try-our-poblano-bisque-recipe

It's not letting me post a photo, but there are photos and step by step slideshows in the link.

Oh yes, it's gluten free if you are careful about the tortillas and chicken broth you use, and if you are dairy free, just substitute unflavored almond milk for the half and half.

2 Re: Creamy poblano bisque on Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:28 pm

bethk

Admin
That sounds delicious, Jana. I'm wondering if the poblano peppers sold here are as tasty as the ones in your neck of the woods. I'm not usually a big fan of Mexican or southwest recipes because most of what I see have cheese, cheese & more cheese or cilantro....none of which I can eat. But a chile soup with a garnish of crispy tortillas sounds pretty good to me.

Thanks for the link....copied and saved.

3 Re: Creamy poblano bisque on Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:31 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:That sounds delicious, Jana.  I'm wondering if the poblano peppers sold here are as tasty as the ones in your neck of the woods.  I'm not usually a big fan of Mexican or southwest recipes because most of what I see have cheese, cheese & more cheese or cilantro....none of which I can eat.  But a chile soup with a garnish of crispy tortillas sounds pretty good to me.  

Thanks for the link....copied and saved.

I'm guessing they'll be the same. They probably come from either the southwest or Mexico anyway. And you will notice....not one drop of cheese or cilantro. Hard to believe it's Mexican food, isn't it!!!

4 Re: Creamy poblano bisque on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:00 pm

Crybaby

JanaAZ wrote:Last week a friend asked me if I had a recipe for poblano bisque.  She just had it in Waco, Texas and just loved it.  I didn't have a recipe, but it sounded so good, I decided to come up with one.

I'm looking thru messages I missed and this soup sounds absolutely divine. We have more peppers in our groceries since our Hispanic population increased so Brian should be able to purchase these (I'm currently unable to walk very far so the grocery is off limits). Cannot wait to try this!

Thanks so much for the post.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum