Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:50 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

We used to buy the kids toys and or stuffed animals for Easter Season.
They really didn't like candy that much. White chocolate (yuck) for Jimmy, and Jelly Beans for DD Maria, and money in their Baskets.

This year, WE...Yes Tina and I will be the kids.
I ordered 70.00 worth of bunny's and eggs in foil wrappers, and a big Butter Cream Egg with dark chocolate shell for Tina. Can't wait! It's like a second halloween candy attack I am having!

I bought the candy from a place called See's Candies, in California, I think they are.
I know they make awesome peanut brittle, and Tina bought that for me, and some Lolly Pops for herself.

Even Granddaughter does not like candy. Weird??? ....

SOoooo!!! What if any treats and or candy might you all be buying for this Easter Season?
Any special candy items you like?
My favorite is coconut cream filled chocolate covered mini eggs! One right after the other! LOL

Before we know, it is right around the corner; so if you like or need to buy candy for whomever, get while the gettins good!

2 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:56 am

bethk

Admin
PEEPS.

Gotta get 'em and take off the plastic wrapper so they dry out and get chewy.

Disgusting, I know, but I love 'em.

I've even been known to chocolate coat them.....

3 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:11 am

Barbara101

4 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:43 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina and Maria like them hard and dried out too! I don't, but will eat one if I have a sweet attack!

Now the peeps come in all different colors, and they have bunny ones too!
I remember when the peeps were yellow and yellow it was. Period.

I don't have the picture on this computer, but remember the Real Peeps they sold at stores like Woolworths? They would dye them all different colors.
Mom would buy them for us, and they would just put them in a 5 penny brown paper bag.
They were scraggly (colorwise) looking if they lived long enough to get big, and start growing combs.

5 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:06 pm

bethk

Admin
my mother HATED those chicks....my aunt would buy four of them for us kids every year. And if Easter was early those crappy, stinky chickens would have to live in a box in the kitchen corner until it was warm enough to send 'em outside in the chicken coop.

Mom didn't like any kind of bird. She got pecked severely when a child and it was her job to collect the eggs. You never saw a woman run across a yard so fast as she did when the rooster was out struttin' his stuff...nasty spurs & all. Poor Mom.

6 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:my mother HATED those chicks....my aunt would buy four of them for us kids every year.  And if Easter was early those crappy, stinky chickens would have to live in a box in the kitchen corner until it was warm enough to send 'em outside in the chicken coop.  

Mom didn't like any kind of bird.  She got pecked severely when a child and it was her job to collect the eggs.  You never saw a woman run across a yard so fast as she did when the rooster was out struttin' his stuff...nasty spurs & all.  Poor Mom.

OMG... I can't wait to tell Tina when she gets home about your mom gettin pecked!
She can relate to that. She is very sketchy when around any animal
When Tina was little..the rooster at her grandmoms woulkd chase her. That ole Rooster did not like Tina for some reason.
One day, Tina got a new dress for Sunday for church, and it was a red plaid dress / skirt.....Tina walked outside, and the darn rooster jumped on Tina's back, and spurred her!
That was the Sunday that Grandma chopped off HIS Head, and they ate him for Sunday Dinner! affraid 

Till this day, Tina could remember saying to that roasted bird,"See, I told you Grandma will chop your head off!" hahahahahahaha

7 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:04 am

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:We used to buy the kids toys and or stuffed animals for Easter Season.
They really didn't like candy that much. White chocolate (yuck) for Jimmy, and Jelly Beans for DD Maria, and money in their Baskets.

This year, WE...Yes Tina and I will be the kids.
I ordered 70.00 worth of bunny's and eggs in foil wrappers, and a big Butter Cream Egg with dark chocolate shell for Tina. Can't wait! It's like a second halloween candy attack I am having!

I bought the candy from a place called See's Candies, in California, I think they are.
I know they make awesome peanut brittle, and Tina bought that for me, and some Lolly Pops for herself.

Even Granddaughter does not like candy. Weird??? ....

SOoooo!!! What if any treats and or candy might you all be buying for this Easter Season?
Any special candy items you like?
My favorite is coconut cream filled chocolate covered mini eggs! One right after the other! LOL

Before we know, it is right around the corner; so if you like or need to buy candy for whomever, get while the gettins good!

I am very fortunate that See's Candies is right in my own back yard. I can still remember the first time I ever had a piece of their candy. It was Easter and I was given a small box of chocolate buttercream eggs. I had never tasted anything so good in my life. It was the beginning of a lifetime love affair with See's. Prices have sure gone up though. I remember when you could get 3 suckers for 10 cents. I remember back in 1983 it was only $3.20/pound. Now it is up around $18. I still go there once a week and buy chocolate truffles and peanut crunch.

8 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

NormM

I never cared much for candy when I was a kid. Actually I never had much of a sweet tooth until I started taking diabetes medicine. I also gained a lot of weight after taking the meds.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

9 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:18 pm

Barbara101

NormM wrote:I never cared much for candy when I was a kid.  Actually I never had much of a sweet tooth until I started taking diabetes medicine.  I also gained a lot of weight after taking the meds.

ME TOO> I take 2 meds that make me gain..  

10 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:I never cared much for candy when I was a kid.  Actually I never had much of a sweet tooth until I started taking diabetes medicine.  I also gained a lot of weight after taking the meds.

My brother and I never had a sweet tooth either. Mom said, it was because we were not restricted to eat it, and it was in the house whenever we would get that candy urge.
Now my niece and nephew.... they would get caught sneaking candy, and on Easter Sunday...they would eat the entire candy content in their baskets. They were punished during the year if they were caught eating any candy.

11 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Imelda HL

I used to buy bunch of See's Candies when I went back to my country.. nice gifts for my loved ones.. but no more.. they are too expensive now  Shocked 

12 Re: KIDS DON'T LIKE CANDY on Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:26 pm

JanaAZ

bethk wrote:PEEPS.

Gotta get 'em and take off the plastic wrapper so they dry out and get chewy.

Disgusting, I know, but I love 'em.

I've even been known to chocolate coat them.....

I received a request from the PEEPS people a few weeks back asking me to review their products. All I could think is 'how could I write a review on them....they're disgusting'. After losing a bunch of weight, that's the last thing I need to try...something that's 100% sugar.

Glad you like them, Beth. They sure sell a lot of them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum