Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:27 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made fried cubed potatoes and onions, and I had scrambled eggs and cheese with toast for breakfast.
It surely is nice when someone else cooks.
She even got my coffee.

52APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:11 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Cheddarbroccoli4

Broccoli Cheddar muffins.

53APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:10 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Cheddarbroccoli4

Ummm! I could do with three of those right now!

54APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:19 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol I had to use up 2 heads of broccoli.Why I fall for these BOGO & then I have to figure out what to do with it.. APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 2855670339 

55APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:lol I had to use up 2 heads of broccoli.Why I fall for these BOGO & then I have to figure out what to do with it.. APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 2855670339 

Haaaaaaa...... That is so funny, and Tina does the same thing sometimes...
i.e. .....the last week, she bought Two big big boxes of baby Portabela mushrooms. I said,"Honey, Who is or what are you going to make with all these mushrooms?"

She said,"Don't cha worry, I read if you keep them in a brown paper bag; loose, they will extend the life of the mushrooms!"

Well...yesterday, I pulled out the bag of her special preserved Mushrooms, and hahahaha, I said,"Here ya go babe!" "Here is your bag of Horse xxit!"...
She said,"OMG...Throw them out ....Gawk Gawk Gawk!"
I said," and what animal is really gonna slurp these up?" ....they way they smell,"They are ready to FLUSH down the Toilet!!!" APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 2855670339 

56APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol well I have tossed to many mushrooms to know to buy them loose & few. I bought 1 Portobello.Next up will be celery.I use a few stalks & the rest gets soft & weird.Out it goes.

57APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:lol well I have tossed to many mushrooms to know to buy them loose & few. I bought 1 Portobello.Next up will be celery.I use a few stalks & the rest gets soft & weird.Out it goes.

The celery trick is to take it out of the bag, and wrap it in tin foil.
We found out to just leave the leaf end slightly opened. In the fridge.....
We have found it usable even after two weeks.

58APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 7:38 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Cheddarbroccoli4

Ummm! I could do with three of those right now!

Posted recipe for these, if anyone wants it..In Odd recipes, section..

59APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 9:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Blueberrymuffins6

Blueberry lemon muffins.Topped with almonds.

60APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 11:55 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

OK, so you got me interested, Barb.....

Strawberry Banana mini muffins:

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 StrawberryBananaMuffins

New recipe ~ gotta figure out how to make the strawberries less juicy.  The inside texture was 'off' to my liking but the flavor was fabulous.

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 WetBerries

Note after muffins completely cool: I removed the muffins from the pan when still very warm and allowed to cool on a rack upside-down. Once completely cooled the texture improved. I think this is a recipe I'll probably make again.

61APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

lol funny about strawberries.I only like them cold.But those look good..

62APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:15 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Muffins look good Barb & Beth......
Is it National Muffin Week? Haaaaaaaaaaaa

Beth...You can dehydrate the fruits of any kind, and remove a portion of the water, by placing in a low oven temperature of 150ºF
I do it with large mushrooms to place on pizza so that the water in the mushrooms doesn't wet the dough and make floppy pizza.

I also do it with canned mushrooms.

If you do strawberry's ,,, I would slice them, but not too thin.

My mom used to dehydrate canned peaches when she made Peach / Bran muffins.
Ummmmm! I love Bran Muffins!......

Tina is at the store shopping for food, and when she comes home, I will show her the pics of the muffins you Girls made> Guaranteed she sees them, and makes muffins today!
How Much Ya Wanna Bet?....haaa

63APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:18 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I only made 'em because you were on a muffin baking craze and I was dying for something sweet to eat!

I found the recipe on foodgawker or pinterist and it sounded good to me. I was going to make my usual sour cream banana muffins because I had 3 bananas that were to the point of going to liquid. And I had a package of strawberries in the refrigerator. The strawberries were huge so it only took four to chop to make a cup of chopped berries for the recipe. Dane has already dispatched the remainder of the strawberries since I sliced 'em and put 'em back in the refrigerator. lol

Now that the muffins are cool, every time I walk past them on the cooling rack I try another one.....heck, I've walked out to the kitchen six times in the last 10 minutes!

64APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:26 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:lol funny about strawberries.I only like them cold.But those look good..

Me too Barb!
When Tina makes that simple syrup for strawberries for strawberry shortcake, I ask her to save some and not put them in that syrup. Way too sweet for me, and I just like strawberries cold on my shortcake.
They (Tina and DD ) eat their strawberries on the shortcake or poundcake, and drizzle the syrup on the cake. Uggggg! Too Wet and Mushy for me.

65APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:31 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Great tip there Jimmy.I do that with plum tomatoes.Then I do not buy those dang expensive jarred ones.

66APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:39 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Guaranteed, Jimmy, you wouldn't steal a taste of MY strawberry shortcake.....

Split biscuit layered with strawberries and lots of 'juice' ~ then a big glug of cold milk to mix with the strawberry juice and soak into the biscuit. Sweet biscuit made mushy with Strawberry Milk (and NOT the "N*e*s*t*l*e*s" kind of Strawberry Milk).

That's the way my grandpa ate his shortcake, so, of course, that's how I learned to like it.

Same as eating watermelon and cantaloupe (although HE always called it "mush-melon"). Gotta have it with salt and pepper sprinkled on it. Lots of pepper. And, funny thing is, after Dane saw me doing that for years and years, he finally started to do the same thing with his melon. I just figured it was a quirky thing just done in my family but it must be an acquired taste....lol

67APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Guaranteed, Jimmy, you wouldn't steal a taste of MY strawberry shortcake.....

Split biscuit layered with strawberries and lots of 'juice' ~ then a big glug of cold milk to mix with the strawberry juice and soak into the biscuit.  Sweet biscuit made mushy with Strawberry Milk (and NOT the "N*e*s*t*l*e*s" kind of Strawberry Milk).

That's the way my grandpa ate his shortcake, so, of course, that's how I learned to like it.  

Same as eating watermelon and cantaloupe (although HE always called it "mush-melon").  Gotta have it with salt and pepper sprinkled on it.  Lots of pepper.  And, funny thing is, after Dane saw me doing that for years and years, he finally started to do the same thing with his melon.  I just figured it was a quirky thing just done in my family but it must be an acquired taste....lol

well if it is, thats the way my family did it too.I still do it.Watermelon with salt/pepper. Then I like feta on it lol.

yup mush melon..

68APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 Empty Re: APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH Thu May 01, 2014 12:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:Great tip there Jimmy.I do that with plum tomatoes.Then I do not buy those dang expensive jarred ones.

APRIL... BREAKFAST AND LUNCH  - Page 3 11-02-12a

Hey, Barb, remember this? When I had my first bumper crop of tomatoes in Ohio I seeded them, tossed with evoo & sprinkled with s&p....dehydrated until just about dry and then used to top little toasts with fresh mozzarella cheese (oh, and a sprinkle of fresh basil or parsley if you like).

I cannot wait to make these again. Half the time I would make two full sheet trays of the tomatoes and end up eating most of one pan right off the pan. They taste like candy when they dehydrate like that. I think I experimented and found I could take the oven as high as 325° to do them quicker without it changing the texture or taste.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum