Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

APRIL..Whats Cooking..

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 10 of 14]

226 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:43 am

cookingirl

Jimmy, Please give Tina my sympathies also. I had to do that to my cat, Pumpkin a long time ago. It is something I will never forget.
Right now, my cousin is going through somewhat the same thing with his cat. At the Vet's not eating, drinking, very high white count....probably cancer... so I understand what she is going through.
Artie is sending hugging paws to Tina also..meow

227 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:49 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Thank you all!

Yeah! It's such a void in the daily routine without him.
He was a crybaby if the (what we called drippy / drippy ) faucet in he tub was not dripping cold water for him to drink. LOL...he just HAD TO drink from that tub spout.

After all these years, the spout has stopped dripping.

228 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:01 am

Bugster2

It could have been worse. Our roomie woke up with a dead cat on her bed. Way past the time she should have been put down.

229 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:42 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Yeah! See!.... That's exactly what I didn't want to happen here!
Tina said,"Oh! he's walking around!" .... Yeah! In circles, and I knew it was time.
The vet said," Boy, you brought him at the right moment! Another day or two, and he would cease movement and go comatose!" .....

230 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Bugster2

I had a cat that was 17. She had kidney failure and was senile. She started peeing out of the box so we had to keep her in a pen. One morning I got up and she was walking around in circles, crying. I had her put down immediately. When I get (if I get) to that point, just take off my clothes and throw me into the river.

231 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:23 pm

bethk

Admin
I've got some 15-Bean Soup on the stovetop....A certain Mr. Amazing, who's suppose to be trimming bushes, keeps coming in to check on it.

He was funny. He saw me getting ready to make bean soup, had made my stock yesterday so today I was in the pantry looking for my myacoba beans....he looks at the bag of beans and kind of stutters..., "ah, YOUR bean soup is really good....but, the bean soup your brother made for us last fall was really great!" I just looked at him. MY bean soup is really good B U T ...... Hmmmm, I think he wants me to make the 15-Bean soup this time.

So, OK, that's what's cookin' !

Besides....NOW he's out trimming the bushes we discussed 3 weeks ago.....

232 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:I had a cat that was 17. She had kidney failure and was senile. She started peeing out of the box so we had to keep her in a pen. One morning I got up and she was walking around in circles, crying. I had her put down immediately. When I get (if I get) to that point, just take off my clothes and throw me into the river.

I walk in circles now bugs,......but backwards.

I had plans to check the ABS wheel speed sensor on TinaMommy's car, but it's starting to rain.
Oh...Geeeee!...

Doing a load of dishes in the washer; so I may look for something to cook different for tonight.

Maybe fried ham sices in butter, and then make ham and provalone cheese sandwiches on the pannini machine?

233 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

bethk

Admin
Ham sandwiches sounds good, Jimmy. I had one for my lunch, just like grandma use to make!

Sliced ham, lightly fried in butter. Ham slices placed on a piece of white bread, a squirt of yellow mustard....meanwhile, the other slice of white bread is placed in the fry pan to soak up all the leftover butter and ham juices. OMG ~ it was SO, SO good!

234 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Bugster2

Turkey tetrazinni for dinner tonight. Got to use up some of the leftover turkey and gravy.

235 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 pm

Barbara101

Cleaned out the veggie drawer pineapple fried rice. There is chicken breast in there too.carrot,red pepper,onion.

236 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:57 pm

bethk

Admin
15 Bean Soup......Heck, I looked and looked....I could only fine 11 different beans....

I shoulda counted 'em before they were cooked. Man, this is the sort of thing that will just drive me crazy, I wanted to find all 15 kinds of beans! lol

237 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:59 pm

bethk

Admin
Bugster2 wrote:Turkey tetrazinni for dinner tonight. Got to use up some of the leftover turkey and gravy.

Oh, I love turkey tetrazinni! It's one of the meals I use to make & freeze for Dane to reheat when I was working the long & crazy hours. I had a wonderful recipe that was SO rich and yummy.

238 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:24 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:15 Bean Soup......Heck, I looked and looked....I could only fine 11 different beans....

I shoulda counted 'em before they were cooked.  Man, this is the sort of thing that will just drive me crazy, I wanted to find all 15 kinds of beans!  lol

That is wierd. Tina bought 13 bean soup once, and the next time, she bought 15 bean.
I did notice, the 15 bean had 2 fava beans in the bag, and three beans that were white, but had a peculiar mark on them that made them different.

Geesh!.... Maybe next time, buy the magic beans so you could plant a giant bean stalk, and Dane could go climb it, and get the Goose that Lay's Golden Eggs!  lol! 

239 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:02 pm

bethk

Admin
No, no, no, Jimmy

The 'golden egg' is in Mrs. Grass' noodle soup......

240 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:No, no, no, Jimmy

The 'golden egg' is in Mrs. Grass' noodle soup......

Oh! That's right! SOoooo Funny!
Mrs. Grass!!!!

Mom used to but that, and as kids, we would be so amazed at the little soft gel egg that would transform water into yellow broth! ...........

Like the fizzy pops that would transform a pill in water into root beer or grape soda pop!
Boy, Such simple things that amazed us, and kept us occupied. bounce 

241 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:30 am

Barbara101

Boy, Such simple things that amazed us, and kept us occupied.

My bro & I would fight over who got to squeeze the red blob into the other white blob to make yellow blob of something called oleo.Crapola margarine..Then we would have the same fight over who got to remove the frozen cream from the delivered milk.All puffed up like a cloud on top.

242 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Barbara101

243 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:43 pm

bethk

Admin
Close....but not the same.

Roast chicken breast, acorn squash & asparagus.....

244 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Barbara101

245 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Imelda HL

we are still working on ham, ham, ham.. Dirk has been eating ham since Sunday, I told him today'd be the last day we ate ham until later, I froze some in my freezer, but just now my neighbor came over and gave us a medium size ziploc bag of of ham.. so tomorrow will be one more meal with ham.. ham fried rice  Very Happy 

yesterday I sauteed some potatoes and kale with 2 fried sliced ham for him.. I ate my own spicy coconut beef

today I  cooked some ham with the bone and kidney beans.. I added sliced onion, garlic powder, nutmeg and cloves, so good.. D ate it with cheese bread, I ate it with rice

246 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Barbara101

ham fried rice

hahahaha I made some too.Used the last of the fresh pineapple.

I cut all the ham off the bone .Then made small zip lock bags of chunks,slices.Bone in freezer too. It is to hot for bean soup for me.

247 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 pm

bethk

Admin
Barbara101 wrote:

YOU ARE EVIL !!!!

248 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 pm

bethk

Admin
Imelda HL wrote:we are still working on ham, ham, ham.. Dirk has been eating ham since Sunday, I told him today'd be the last day we ate ham until later, I froze some in my freezer, but just now my neighbor came over and gave us a medium size ziploc bag of of ham.. so tomorrow will be one more meal with ham.. ham fried rice  Very Happy 

yesterday I sauteed some potatoes and kale with 2 fried sliced ham for him.. I ate my own spicy coconut beef

today I  cooked some ham with the bone and kidney beans.. I added sliced onion, garlic powder, nutmeg and cloves, so good.. D ate it with cheese bread, I ate it with rice

I always like the first day of ham....then the leftovers later in the week. By day 3.....I'm ready for the ham to be gone. I got my soup made and we had it once and the rest is in the freezer. Later. Much, much later.

249 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:47 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Everyones dinners look great.
Beth...the chicken looks done enough for me. I would have no problem with that.

Barb... it's eye relief to look at beef again.
We are all hammed out so far.

Imelda... ham with ham and greens looks good.

Tina stopped at Franks Trattoria, and picked up supper.
She had spaghetti and meatballs....

I had sausage and peppers. Not to my liking; because the sausage was cut thin slices (round) from like 2 links, and 1/4 of a green pepper over a bed of nasty overcooked and oversauced (For My Liking ) .....

We ate it though; plus I had a salad.

250 Re: APRIL..Whats Cooking.. on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:57 pm

bethk

Admin
sounds good, Jimmy ~ good to not cook once in a while.

We're just sittin' here waiting for DD from Indy to arrive. Rather than try to make the drive (which we're unfamiliar with so far) and pay all the tolls, etc., we let the kids arrive via the van. They pick up at the airport and deliver 'em to our door. Easy peasy.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum