Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Really Really Dumb Question

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Really Really Dumb Question Empty Really Really Dumb Question Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

My pee brain is on vacation today.I decided on a whim to make red beans & rice.
All I have is 28oz cans Of Cento Whole plums.I only need 8oz.

so do I just squeeze/mash the amount I want to make 8oz or just dump out 8oz whole from the can,then mash that??

I am stupid O today.  alien Plus I do not feel like grilling or cooking.I had big plans to go out shopping & food shopping. I did not get as far as getting dressed..... Really Really Dumb Question 2855670339 Crying or Very sad 

2Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:56 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

8 oz. is one cup.  Smush up a cup's worth.

(ain't no dumb questions, just spoiled recipes from bein' afraid to ask.....)

and if you're referring to the amount of liquid in the can in ratio to the tomatoes, well, that's a judgment call. You can always add a bit more liquid, even some of the tomato juice, if the rice seems a bit dry as it's cooking.

3Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:03 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Really Really Dumb Question 2453703928 Really Really Dumb Question 1838020472  I am not with it today. Altho I have decided on the gas grill I want to get. MAYBE  geek I only need something small 2 burners I guess. Just enough space for indirect,large enough for a ham or 12lb turkey.NO way am I spending over $500. for it either.
ACE hardware has been so good for me,they put it together & deliver.
I may go to Lowes & have a look see for sure.some guy told me to wait till June they have sales on them.IDK about that..

Weber E 210..??

4Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:20 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Weber E 210..??

We don't use gas, B, but you can't go wrong with a Weber ANYTHING. They're well made, have fantastic customer service and with proper care, their products last a very long time. Plus, it's easy to order any replacement parts from them if you need them. We do this all the time with two Weber smokers and a Weber kettle grill -- sometimes you need a new grill grate for the smoker or a new water pan, even a new handle.

I know all things outdoor go on sale usually after the 4th of July. Weber things are sometimes on sale, but not very often. If I were you, I'd go with the good service you get from the local (franchised, but local just the same) ACE Hardware. It's good to develop and nurture a relationship with a vendor, I think -- especially when you're a single woman. I think people really like to help out regular customers. Putting it together and delivering it is a big PLUS in my book.

Let us know what you decide, of course.

P.S. I love you but I never heard of putting tomatoes in red beans and rice!  lol! 

5Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:49 pm

JanaAZ

Years ago I had a Weber gas grill. I hated it. It flamed up so badly that even cooking with indirect heat caused major fires. It was expensive and not worth it at all. I have 2 Weber kettles that are old, and still love them.

6Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:20 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've used my friend, Lyn's, Weber gas grill. I'll take my CharBroil Infared gas grill over the Weber any day. My daughter also had a Weber that gave up after just 3 years use, and she only uses her grill in the summer.

7Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Like I said, we don't do "gas" grills but we've never had a problem with a Weber product. Why don't you go online -- say Amazon -- and read reviews, Barbara? Plus, on a lot of sites, you can "compare" one gas grill with another.

8Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:02 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Crybaby wrote:Like I said, we don't do "gas" grills but we've never had a problem with a Weber product.  Why don't you go online -- say Amazon -- and read reviews, Barbara?  Plus, on a lot of sites, you can "compare" one gas grill with another.  

Oh I have. That is why I will buy a Weber. I say to each their own.I did change my mind to a 3 burner tho.

9Really Really Dumb Question Empty Re: Really Really Dumb Question Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:32 pm

NormM

NormM

When I had a rental there was a couple that left the house in such a mess that I had to hire professionals to clean it. I had to put down new carpet because they left a mother cat with kittens, food and water and no litter box. The cleaners hauled of truck loads of trash. It was nearly knee high in some places but they left a Weber that I took and still have. I had to get a new grate for it and replaced the handle on top but I still have it and use it and it has been outside for at least ten years.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum