Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bloomingdales

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bloomingdales Empty Bloomingdales Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I went to Bloomingdales to try out their scanner. What it does is scan your body and tells you what jeans they have that will fit. Guess what? They came up with zip, zilch, nada. I don't believe there is such a thing as pants that will fit me. Right now I am wearing jeans that flap around my thighs. I have tried girls pants and they don't work. I have tried boys and they don't work either. I guess I am doomed to walk on this earth looking like a hot mess.

2Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:45 pm

NormM

NormM

One day many years ago at a faculty meeting the principal said he didn't think teachers should wear jeans. He said he couldn't tell us not to wear jeans but if we did, You'd better be a really good teacher. I thought to myself "Hey, I am a really good teacher and I don't even own a pair of jeans" so as soon as school let out I went out and got a pair of jeans. I like the khaki colored ones and wore them all the time until they went out of style. Now that they are coming back in style I went to get some and NO ONE makes them to fit me. They are all low riders and I can't stand that. I got a pair of grayish Levis and they were thin material and one of the belt loops seams came out after only a couple of weeks. I ended up getting a pair of blue jeans from Lands End. They didn't make khaki in my size either.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

3Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

don't mean to laugh but that makes me laugh. Maybe try those jeans that have stretch in them..

4Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

But "low riders" are all the rage ~ especially with colorful boxers hanging out all the way around!

Bloomingdales 2876911673 

5Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:08 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Barbara101 wrote:don't mean to laugh but that makes me laugh. Maybe try those jeans that have stretch in them..

The problem is that I am so skinny that really tight jeans, like skinny jeans look terrible on me. If I turned to the side wearing a pair I would be invisible. As it is I have a hard time with automatic doors seeing me. Another issue is that they are so low that they have to be tight in order for them to stay up. Plus a 60 year old woman would look ridiculous wearing a pair. I wore them in the 70's. Been there and done that. I actually think low rider jeans are really unflattering. 99.99% of the people who wear them shouldn't. Every roll of fat hangs out of the top. Even I have some excess that should never be seen. NYDJ are higher cut. The problem is that size 0 is too big. Too much fabric in the inner thighs.

Norm, my DH buys his jeans at either Target or Walmart. They are Wrangler, cost $15 a pair, hit at the waist and come in various styles such as relaxed fit, expanding waistband etc. They have a nice range of sizes too. Check them out online and see if they have your size.

6Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:03 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

When I try and fit jeans...( Dungarees we used to call them )...I feel like the 700 lb. Man that just aired on TV.

Tina found some great Jeans that finally fit right! They have the comfort fit waist with slide sides so they are not tight. I hate relaxed fit, and these are not that! Let me go drag them out from my pile of Fit Clothes...hahahaha. I have a Big Pile of Used To Fit Ones, and another pile called ... Save for the coffin fit pants. I grew up in the Chino's Era in the 60's, and the leisure suit era too!
Hold on a minute....
HERE they are... Work to weekend style jeans. They have khaki's too!

http://www.amazon.com/Haggar-Weekend-Denim-Plain-Stonewash/dp/B002AQRQBI/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1394175934&sr=1-1&keywords=haggar+expandable+waist+jeans

7Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:10 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think jeans are a problem for everyone in our age bracket. In our minds we're still 20-30, but our bodies have revolted against us. I know now why my grandmother and mother wore dresses 90% of the time....no muffin top rolling over the top!

8Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:16 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:When I try and fit jeans...( Dungarees we used to call them )...I feel like the 700 lb. Man that just aired on TV.

Tina found some great Jeans that finally fit right! They have the comfort fit waist with slide sides so they are not tight. I hate relaxed fit, and these are not that! Let me go drag them out from my pile of Fit Clothes...hahahaha. I have a Big Pile of Used To Fit Ones, and another pile called ... Save for the coffin fit pants. I grew up in the Chino's Era in the 60's, and the leisure suit era too!
Hold on a minute....

http://www.amazon.com/Haggar-Weekend-Denim-Plain-Stonewash/dp/B002AQRQBI/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1394175934&sr=1-1&keywords=haggar+expandable+waist+jeans

Thanks for the link Jimmy. Those are really nice. My DH used to wear Haggar when he had to wear decent clothes to work. His biggest complaint is the waistband too, especially after he eats. We call those waistbands Expand-o-matics. I am going to show those to him. They wouldn't do for him for work since he restores Porsches but for a night out they would be great.

9Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:33 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Bugster2 wrote:
UNCLE JIMMY wrote:When I try and fit jeans...( Dungarees we used to call them )...I feel like the 700 lb. Man that just aired on TV.

Hold on a minute....

Thanks for the link Jimmy. Those are really nice. My DH used to wear Haggar when he had to wear decent clothes to work. His biggest complaint is the waistband too, especially after he eats. We call those waistbands Expand-o-matics. I am going to show those to him. They wouldn't do for him for work since he restores Porsches but for a night out they would be great.

I have dress casuals that Tina bought me, and they are Haggars too. They have the stretch waistband also.

I could see why your DH would not wear jeans in his line of work.
It is like that here too. The mechanics at the high end dealer shops have to wear the logo dress wear also.
Soon, I will be restoring an Audi "04" A-6 Quatro that my neighbor bought for $350.00. Yes...Three hundred Fifty Dollars, (Blown Head Gasket)...... I will be wearing my torn jeans and raggy shirts. Soon as it gets around 40 degrees outside.

10Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:20 pm

NormM

NormM

I saw some khaki pants in that link but none that were jeans.

11Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:09 pm

NormM

NormM

Bugster, it isn't that I can't find jeans that fit... I can't find khaki jeans that fit.

12Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:52 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Oh. Khaki jeans... Let me think about that.

13Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:00 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Bugster, it isn't that I can't find jeans that fit... I can't find khaki jeans that fit.

Norm... Tina had one of these catalogs from the mail.
She buys from here like every couple weeks. Blair is the company that handles these Scandia-woods jeans and outdoor stuff for men. I like the idea of the comfort adjustable sides on the waist.
They have the Khaki jeans too.
I know one thing, they have a easy return system policy. She (Tina) just sticks on the label return, and tells them they are sewed crooked or cheap etc. They never charge for the shipping back; which is good.

http://www.blair.com/p/scandia-woods/mens/pants-jeans/adjust-a-band153-jeans/pc/1627/c/2888/sc/2868/27813.uts?store=8&count=500&q2=2888~Mens&q1=1627~Scandia+Woods&q=*&q3=2868~Pants+%26+Jeans&sc=N&x2=c.t2&x3=c.t3&x1=c.t1

14Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:27 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

I had to mention this....so funny..

Mom would buy the heavy weight Indigo Jeans. They were the ones with the orange heavy thread sewing, and stiff!! They would stand by themselves in the corner.
When they were new, I would make thigh rub sounds like sand blocks in the cooka rocha band.

My thighs would turn indigo blue, and back then, the dye would bleed and turn my undershorts blue. It was so funny, and my mom had to wash them like 4 times just to get them to bend easier.
She always bought them longer than normal; so that every year she could drop the hem on the cuffs as I grew. Little did she know that I would grow sideways at a faster rate than longways.
Haaaaaaa.....

It got to the point when she could only get my pants at Robert Halls where they had what they called "Husky's" ... It was for the Fat Kids. And there was my brother, who had to use suspenders because he had no hips or waist to hold his pants up.

The two of us looked like Laurel and Hardy!

I was a skinny kid, and looked like I had rickets, until I was 7 years old. I looked like a stick, and then I had my tonsils removed, and then it all happened. I began to swell up! And then I look like a Whole Tree; plus the mountain it was growing on! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

15Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:35 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

I thought I had found a pair of jeans today at Nordstrom Rack but found thy had a couple of lighter spots on the leg. I am going to see if I can find them elsewhere at a good price but even at 50% off they are still expensive.

16Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:41 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here I am at 7 years old. I just had my first holy communion. My mother told me she cried because my legs inside the pants were in there somewhere. The pants (I remember her saying ) just flapped around my legs when the wind blew.
That was a black and white photo, but that suit was a navy blue. I hated it.
It looks as if I was scared, but all in all, I was biting my cheek to keep from laughing while my mom tried to get the blue dot flash bulbs to fire on the Ansco Box Camera.

Bloomingdales 8svu

17Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:41 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's too cute....and it's a shame what they did to little kids' clothes back then. Gosh, but I loved the look of the nylon netting slip to make my dress stand out....but all that netting rubbed the skin right off my legs.

18Bloomingdales Empty Re: Bloomingdales Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:08 am

NormM

NormM

I was really skinny until I went to college.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum