Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I thought this was funny

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I thought this was funny Empty I thought this was funny Wed May 15, 2013 7:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I thought this was funny BA_Breakfast_2_mini

Everyone take's pictures of their food Razz Razz Razz

why do you need such big lens. overkill I think..

2I thought this was funny Empty Re: I thought this was funny Wed May 15, 2013 7:36 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

It must have been time for a "close up"....Hahahaha

(at first I didn't get it ~ then I saw the camera in the way back!)

3I thought this was funny Empty Re: I thought this was funny Wed May 15, 2013 7:44 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

the one woman taking pic of her parfait,taking a picture of her friend taking her own picture lmao..

4I thought this was funny Empty Re: I thought this was funny Wed May 15, 2013 7:51 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

The other thing I thought was amusing was the white tablecloth, fresh flower centerpiece, glass wine goblet for the very fresh looking parfait, etc. ~ and then a lovely STYROFOAM cup w/plastic lid and advertising "hot holder".

Classy conference! (snob alert! Beth is sorry....)

5I thought this was funny Empty Re: I thought this was funny Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Here is a little explanation of why use a long focal lenth lens for closeup photography ..... Macro (close up magnification ) photo's are smetimes shot with a telephoto lens.
I am not an expert or know all aout this, but I have read things like this from photo shoots and portrait photographers.

Very interesting! .... Funny with the styrofoam cup though! Something like Uncle Jimmy's Placemat. "Newspapers!"

http://photo.blogoverflow.com/2012/09/pseudo-macro-photography-with-a-telephoto-lens/

6I thought this was funny Empty Re: I thought this was funny Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:44 pm

NormM

NormM

A close-up lens has a shorter field of focus. The glass in the front would be the only thing in focus while a telephoto lens would allow everything to be in focus. Depth of field is also determined by f-stop but I am not sure if most digital cameras with auto focus have that now days.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum