Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

March, 2014 ~ "What's for breakfast & lunch?"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

bethk

Admin
You'd think with all the happiness the "giving away" gave Mr. Tipton there would be more people doing it today.....

((sigh)) ~ I guess no happy people around me.

Barbara101

it is fiction .. If I ever go that kind of money I would have a bunch of relatives coming out of hiding.Guess what,,, they can keep on going..

In todays world that is a small amount to live on the rest of your life. In my case that is not long..So I would be set.    

bethk

Admin
Haven't you ever heard that old wives' tale: "only the good die young" ???

You got years and years and years ahead of YOU. And I'm gonna be right along side keepin' you company!

lol

bethk

Admin
I don't know what possessed me to try making fruit & yogurt crepes for my breakfast.....just something that "came to me" in the middle of the night, I guess.

lol! 

But Mr. Amazing is NOT a fan of anything out of the ordinary for HIS breakfast.....

Guess what HE asked for instead ~

bethk

Admin
This morning I did not ask before I prepared his breakfast and ((surprisingly)) there was no comment about not liking it.

Mushroom, spinach & cream cheese omelette....

Barbara101

I went to so much trouble for lunch   

bethk

Admin
Ah.....didn't you say you made the egg salad YESTERDAY ???

lol

you fib to us.

Imelda HL

this week's lunches:

we had tortilla for lunch

scrambled eggs with veggies and cheese

Barbara101

bethk wrote:Ah.....didn't you say you made the egg salad YESTERDAY ???

lol

you fib to us.

made it yesterday. Ate it today & I have had tummy 'issues' all afternoon  Rolling Eyes ..Now I eat eggs for breakfast,in fact I eat TO many eggs & they never do me like this ...ha,

Imelda you sure go lots of trouble making such beautiful food.

UNCLE JIMMY

I made for me 3 eggs scrambled with cheese. Made fried potatoes and onions from the potatoes that were way to many in the beef stew yesterday.
Tina had matzo crackers with unsalted butter and berry preserves.

bethk

Admin
I had a bowl of oatmeal with dried fruit & pecans.

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:
bethk wrote:Ah.....didn't you say you made the egg salad YESTERDAY ???

lol

you fib to us.

made it yesterday. Ate it today & I have had tummy 'issues' all afternoon  Rolling Eyes ..Now I eat eggs for breakfast,in fact I eat TO many eggs & they never do me like this ...ha,

Imelda you sure go lots of trouble making such beautiful food.

actually they were the easy ones, I cooked the filling using 4 Italian sausages or 1 lbs of ground beef, added whatever I had, it could last for a few days.. I only needed to toll in a tortilla, added some cheese or green chili, then nuked in a microwave for 2 minutes and lunch was ready, sometime I added 1 beaten egg in the meat mixture and cooked in microwave  Very Happy 

Barbara101

bethk

Admin
I'm thinkin' I should plan on a steak salad one of these days. I think it's something Dane would like since he really liked that Greek salad last night. I'll bet feta or bleu cheese would be something he'd like. ((blechhhh! LOL))

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

bethk wrote:I'm thinkin' I should plan on a steak salad one of these days.  I think it's something Dane would like since he really liked that Greek salad last night.  I'll bet feta or bleu cheese would be something he'd like. ((blechhhh!  LOL))

I have never seen or thought of a steak salad. I have made salads with pepperoni and cheese like pieces of mozzarella or provalone; and anchovies ...... Hmmmmm!!

Barbara101

lol leftover steak in this house goes on anything.  

Crybaby

Uncle Jimmy wrote:I have never seen or thought of a steak salad. I have made salads with pepperoni and cheese like pieces of mozzarella or provalone; and anchovies ...... Hmmmmm!!

We make steak salad here, too, Jimmy. We buy rib eye steaks really thick to grill (1-3/4 inches) so there's always leftovers. Steak salad is delish. You could make that same salad you described above and put nice cold slices of medium rare steak on top. Yummm!

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:
Uncle Jimmy wrote:I have never seen or thought of a steak salad. I have made salads with pepperoni and cheese like pieces of mozzarella or provalone; and anchovies ...... Hmmmmm!!

We make steak salad here, too, Jimmy.  We buy rib eye steaks really thick to grill (1-3/4 inches) so there's always leftovers.  Steak salad is delish.  You could make that same salad you described above and put nice cold slices of medium rare steak on top.  Yummm!

Sounds worth a try Cry.
Only problem with it...would be, I would need a half loaf of bread to eat it!
Steak for me, has to be eaten with bread! LOL

Barbara101

Breakfast & Lunch. I guess that makes it brunch.

Barbara101

That is so weird. I keep getting notices on posts in my email. I come here & look ,none.yet today here they are 2 days late for me to see  Question Question 

bethk

Admin
maybe your email is psychic....and is predicting a post.

I switched off the notification option in my profile. Too much email as it is and I'm in here all the time anyway.

bethk

Admin
Dane's in 'hog heaven' ~ lunch today and tomorrow will be duplicates and he won't complain at all.

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Dane's in 'hog heaven' ~ lunch today and tomorrow will be duplicates and he won't complain at all.

I would love a backup meal copy same the next day too!
Looks great..... nice little pickle too!

UNCLE JIMMY

I made Tina and me pancakes for breakfast.
No bacon or sausage. Someone was too tired and lazy to fry it up.
I (I) should have fried a batch last night before I went to sleep.

Barbara101

I want a baloney sandwich for lunch .Side of chips..   

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum