Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Imelda HL

I have an inexpensive juicer/blender last summer, Ninja, it was on sale, I bought it for $69.99, it comes with 3 bowls in 3 sizes, 3 different blades and 1 motor.. so far so good, most of my friends got the $400-$500 blender, that was not in my budget...  Shocked 

Dirk likes any kind of juice, fruits or veggies.. I still can't swallow raw veggies juice yet, I had some kale and spinach smoothies, I blanched them before I added them to my smoothies and I had to mix them with some frozen fruits, my favorites are, bananas ( cheapest fruit  Wink  ) and mango, strawberries too, when they are in season and 99 cents/ lbs, I'd buy bunch of them, wash, bag and freeze them in my freezer

I just bought 4 lbs of reduced bananas, they were still very fresh, only the peels look bad, I peeled them, got 6 bags ( 2 bananas each) and put them on my freezer, the rest 3 were for banana bread and I can smell it now

bethk

Admin
I just don't think I'd use a blender much. I do use my stick blender for anything I really want to blitz, or my mini-chop food processor thingy. It's not big but it accomplishes everything I need that I don't do by hand.

Barbara101

I just don't think I'd use a blender much.

I have not used mine for way over a year.In fact I put it away.Maybe by summer when I want something sweet or I can get fruit cheap I might make a smoothie.

bethk

Admin
my main problem is the space thing - just not enough places to hide that stuff.

Imelda HL

we still drink fruit smoothies in the morning, yesterday we had banana + avocado + papaya + lemon juice smoothie.. in the afternoon I made some poached eggs for D's lunch.. my first poach eggs, I just saw Pioneer woman and Kelsey do that on their show.. not bad  Smile 

poach eggs + pressed potatoes and steamed kale

bethk

Admin
nice poached eggs....easier than you though, huh? But if you don't like the runny yolk then you can just make them for Dirk. You can, of course, leave them in the simmering water until the yolk sets entirely if you'd like.

Here was Dane's breakfast yesterday morning ~ drives me nuts when he insists on 3 eggs since I don't think anyone needs that much cholesterol. But I guess once in a great while it won't kill him.

Today for lunch I made some curry chicken salad w/grapes and a toasted English muffin to go alongside.

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:nice poached eggs....easier than you though, huh?  But if you don't like the runny yolk then you can just make them for Dirk.  You can, of course, leave them in the simmering water until the yolk sets entirely if you'd like.

Here was Dane's breakfast yesterday morning ~ drives me nuts when he insists on 3 eggs since I don't think anyone needs that much cholesterol.  But I guess once in a great while it won't kill him.

Today for lunch I made some curry chicken salad w/grapes and a toasted English muffin to go alongside.

Men Need Three Eggs .... They do heavy work, and need the energy! They need to support their frame!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum