Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:31 am

bethk

Admin
How'd the French toast work, Jimmy? I've left really stale bread (like a firm ciabatta) soak in the egg custard mixture in the refrigerator overnight, kind of like you would a strata, and baked it in the morning, but I've never pre-cooked it.

This morning we had our same old, same old.....bacon, egg, toast & fruit:

but the sun is shining so that makes it a wonderful day!

52 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:30 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:How'd the French toast work, Jimmy?  I've left really stale bread (like a firm ciabatta) soak in the egg custard mixture in the refrigerator overnight, kind of like you would a strata, and baked it in the morning, but I've never pre-cooked it.

This morning we had our same old, same old.....bacon, egg, toast & fruit:

but the sun is shining so that makes it a wonderful day!

Sure can't beat that breakfast. I would trade the fruit for another egg though! Laughing 

Never made the French Toast last night. I was too tired!
I even went to bed early. Like 2:30AM ,,,,

Tonight is a Go Though! I will let all know how it turns out!
The heating of the toast I think I will do in the oven with the toast covered with foil at 350º . That way there will be less of a chance it will dry out, and become roofing shingles.

UNCLE JIMMY

OK
French toast is all made, and cooled and in a cookie pan covered with foil.
Ready to pop in the oven tomorrow.

Bacon is fried also.

Gee...its 12:01 am...that's morning, right? TIME For Breakfast!

The smell of the cooked bacon is driving me nutz

Should I wake up Tina?? N O T !!!!!    

bethk

Admin
How long have you been married to Tina???? And you can even suggest waking her up from a sound sleep?????

Not a good idea, my friend.....not a good idea at all ~

affraid affraid affraid 

55 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:08 am

Barbara101

56 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:08 pm

bethk

Admin
I looked for some sausage in the freezer this morning and couldn't find any....I thought for sure there was still some left. I really need to get in there and organize it so I don't have to shuffle everything around when I want it. I had been doing SO well, and then, I got lax....oh well, maybe one of these days I'll get it taken care of.

Breakfast this morning was decided upon to use up all the blueberries left before they got shoved to the back of the shelf and forgotten....

57 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:37 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I looked for some sausage in the freezer this morning and couldn't find any....I thought for sure there was still some left.  I really need to get in there and organize it so I don't have to shuffle everything around when I want it.  I had been doing SO well, and then, I got lax....oh well, maybe one of these days I'll get it taken care of.

Breakfast this morning was decided upon to use up all the blueberries left before they got shoved to the back of the shelf and forgotten....

Looks great Beth!
I always thought of implementing a system for the freezer.
I thought of:
................. As food (s) are put in the freezer make a board and list all the items
In ..... and Out...
i.e. Blueberries 8 oz. each ( 1  2 3 )  Etc. Etc. Etc. Then when they are all scratched off, it's time to restock etc.

The other day, Son Jimmy was over and said he has to get to Pennsy to do some shopping for sausage and pepperoni and Kielbasi. Tina said,"Yeah! We are all out of Kielbasi too, and we were wishing for it, but there was none in the freezer!"

Low and Behold... I open the freezer door, and there are two rings of kielbasi staring right in the face, and if it had teeth, it would have bitten her" lol! 

58 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:54 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Just a Quick note!
The French Toast Do Ahead and heat to eat...Went Well! No muss, No Fuss! D O N E !
It passed the Tina Test too!
She said, Good!

bethk

Admin
Congratulations!

Now, QUICK! ~ Patent the idea before it ends up on Pinterest posted by someone else.... lol

UNCLE JIMMY

thk"[color=#ff3333]]How long have you been married to Tina????  And you can even suggest waking her up from a sound sleep?????

Not a good idea, my friend.....not a good idea at all ~

affraid affraid affraid [/quote]

I forget how long, but I know it's like really long. 48 yrs. Tina I love you  said!  pale 

I don't wake anyone by a calling or shaking. All I have to do...is Burn The Toast!
Now....that's a waker upper! silent 

61 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:09 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

This was the French Toast from this morning. I had 5 slices (they were small bread) and Tina had 1.

Cooked in our cast aluminum electric skillet. Ummm!

62 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:14 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

I did good after that breakfast! I did 3 loads of laundry...scrubbed the bathroom floor, and
Chip Chopped and shoveled ice chunks. Worked up a sweat (small) and see...only gained 4 lbs. instead of 5! Believe you me, I know how to balance the calories.

UNCLE JIMMY

Lunch today was Philly cheese steaks with onions / peppers / and provalone cheese.

64 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:28 am

bethk

Admin
I thought about omelets but didn't want to have to make one and then another....

So, scrambled eggs topped with spinach, mushrooms & onions. It was pretty good like that ~ and way easier than messin' around with cheese and trying not to break the omelet in the pan....to each their own. I'm gonna do this one again.

65 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:32 am

Barbara101

I did make a omelet. Forgot to take pic. I added some hot salsa , then add cheddar cheese.Ghezz set myself on fire with that one  affraid 

66 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:13 pm

bethk

Admin
Oh, Barb, hot salsa is good for your "system".....LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I thought about omelets but didn't want to have to make one and then another....

So, scrambled eggs topped with spinach, mushrooms & onions.  It was pretty good like that ~ and way easier than messin' around with cheese and trying not to break the omelet in the pan....to each their own. I'm gonna do this one again.

Cool Cool Idea! Get in the line to the copywrite office with me and the Make Ahead French Toast. ( By the way, Tina said they actually have frozen French Toast in the Box )....

Let's see! What could we call that concoction of Eggs and Mushrooms and Spinach??? --- I would vote for???/ Uh ???? Uh ???... Idea  I got It...
........... A "Open Faced Egg Omelet!" ........ or ..... A "BethEz Omelet!"...

BTW.... Tina called from the footsie shop at the Spa, and said,"How's about Pork Steaks tonight?" ..... Yeahhhhhhh!!!!! I said!

Can You Imagine, She goes to the spa where DD works,and has DD do her pedicure! .... I'm like, Why Not Here in Home? ...
answer: She has NO TIME. She's a Farm Girl as her night Job, and hungry pigs, chickens, and Sheep take up most of her evening!  Mad 

Barbara101

She goes to the spa where DD works,and has DD do her pedicure! ....

I was a nail tech, educator,distributor, salon owner for over 30 yrs. I did maybe 2 pedicures lol.Can not do feet..

Imelda HL

brunch today.. omelet with hatch chili and cheese and potato cakes

70 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:40 am

Barbara101

71 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:04 pm

bethk

Admin
Hey, Barb, I could smell what YOU were cookin' .......

Great minds think alike!

UNCLE JIMMY

Oh My.... all those meals look great!~ Are they eggies?

I had them too this morning with Tina. Egg fried smashed and lightly stirred and cooked. Onions and peppers mixed in, and then a thin slice of domestic mild provalone on top.
I made it last night and we devoured it this am.

Imelda HL

I've had smoothies for breakfast these few days.. I bought bunch of avocados, so I mixed them with frozen bananas, mango, a bit of lemonade concentrate, a little pinch of salt.. to my surprise..  a glass of fruit smoothie can hold my hunger until afternoon, now it's 12.23 pm, I'm having my first cup of my hot latte with 1 pack of granola bars.. dinner/supper will be beef tacos ( I have cooked the meat, now my house smells like taco  Laughing  )

I'm not a big fan of avocado, I have to mix it with other fruits, I don't like eating it plain, or on my salad, but I love it in my guacamole  Shocked 

and I got  bunch of kiwi fruit too.. I'm thinking kiwi and papaya will be in my smoothie

bethk

Admin
Boy, those sound really healthy! One of these days I have to start thinking of trying one.

I know I'll NEVER get Dane to think a green milk shake is anything he will drink ~ not even if I tell him I put vodka in it....

lol

Barbara101

Just the opposite with me. They do not hold me for a hour. Plus I find them expensive to make.That is just me tho.I have to laugh ,my son decided he wanted to Juice.he bought some high $ thing,used it for 4 days. Poof that was it.   

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum