Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

LisaSD

Niagara Visitor, good to see you "hanging" around again. How is your husband doing?

27 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:04 am

Barbara101

28 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:05 am

bethk

Admin
Similar, yet not the same.....

29 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:29 am

Barbara101

thats the wrong picture.. ghezz I must have CRS today......

and don't you love my plate   

30 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:45 am

bethk

Admin
It looks like you decided to hit the trail and cook around the campfire, probably singing, "Kumbaya"

31 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:05 pm

bethk

Admin
OK, so every once in a while you gotta break and egg ~ but, in my defense, I was using that crummy plastic spatula you're suppose to use in nonstick pans and nothing slides off it easily.....everything sticks.

But, hey, it didn't stop me from eating my breakfast! I reheated the last couple zucchini pancakes to take the place of hashbrowns....worked for me.

Barbara101

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast this AM was late. I stayed in bed trying to rid my aches and pains in the knees. Then I jumped into third gear, and made an omelet for me with cheese, fresh fried mushrooms and sweated onions...then loaded with diced ham.

Tina made her own...(Fussy) and she made a chili omelet and a slice of cheese inside.

I had rye bread toast, and she ate without bread. ( I don't know how she can do that with eggs?)

Imelda HL

Dirk's eggs today .. I've had 1 pack of Nature Valley granola bars with my coffee

hash browns ( from scratch with gold potatoes.. I love gold potatoes ), cooked in a skillet with onion and garlic powder, chopped red bell pepper, salt and chili flakes, then I pressed them in one thick layer in my small pan ( sprayed with cooking oil), baked for 10 minutes then cracked 2 eggs on top of layer, baked for another 10 minutes

Barbara101

looks good. Oh & I doubt I would have eaten a broken egg  

bethk

Admin
Imelda, your breakfast for DH looks SO pretty....I love the idea of baked eggs on top of hashbrowns.

and, Barb, if you stopped by for breakfast I would break YOUR yolks on purpose! Hahahahaha!

37 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:11 am

Barbara101

Might be my last breakfast for a few days IF my powers goes off. Ice storm again..

38 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:13 am

bethk

Admin
I had this idea "pop" into my head.....an egg baked on hashbrowns! Genius.

Imelda, seriously, as soon as I saw YOUR breakfast for Dirk I just knew it was going to be on my table. You cooked your eggs better than I did...mine had hard cooked yolks. But YOU inspired me to actually go out and cut some chives & parsley to pretty 'em up. Thanks for letting me steal your brilliant idea.

39 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:16 am

bethk

Admin
[quote="Barbara101
Might be my last breakfast for a few days IF my powers goes off. Ice storm again..[/quote]

Looks like another nasty storm, Barb. Get that little gas grill close to the door so you can use it if you have to. I know you have plenty of food at the ready.

Just stay safe...

Are you going out today to buy 10 loaves of bread and 4 gallons of milk?

40 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:27 am

Barbara101

Are you going out today to buy 10 loaves of bread and 4 gallons of milk?

No & I had no idea my grill would not light     

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Are you going out today to buy 10 loaves of bread and 4 gallons of milk?

No & I had no idea my grill would not light     

Barb...is it just that the ignitor (Clicker) is not sparking?

Or...could be a gas spider nest built in the grill nozzle . That is a common thing with gas grills.

Barbara101

yup. it just clicks. will not start..

I brought in the other bottles.So will try a new bottle later. my power went out at 11am. Came back on at 3pm.I turned on the oven & have the chicken roasting.It got down to 56` but I did not get cold. Must have been the 2 quilts & 2 puppers & one large Cat laying on me. lol! I had light from the outside so I was not in the dark.Oh & I ate Cake   

When I can get out, I will get some new bottles.I don't like the idea of having them in the house BUT?? what else to do?

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Might be my last breakfast for a few days IF my powers goes off. Ice storm again..

Tina likes her scrambled like popcorn too.

I like scrambled actually folded and chopped as it cooks slowly.

She likes teeny tiny pieces on her itsy bitsy fork ...to put in her

BIG MOUTH!   

.......Uh! Oh! ...  

Barbara101

Oh & BTW my laptop did not work? said no internet connected.I thought wireless worked when the power went out? Other folks use their laptops without power.. Question Question 

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:Oh & BTW my laptop did not work? said no internet connected.I thought wireless worked when the power went out? Other folks use their laptops without power.. Question Question 

Barb...there has to be a wifi close to you to connect to the internet.
Like with us...we are both on laptops and my wifi is the router connected to the cable. I have comcast .....If there is no power to the router...zip...nada.

When I lose power...the first thing gets plugged in to the emergency power...is the cable box and the router. Then the refrigerators ....

Tina will go nutz without TV. She does have a portable battery powered DVD player just in case the main cable is out on the power poles and the cable lines are severed from the tree limbs on the wires. We can't have telephone either except on our cell phones.

46 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:01 pm

Niagara Visitor

I miss having the leftovers of the B&B breakfasts that I used to make. Too lazy to make them for myself, though. Maybe I'll make a nice crepe for myself and fill it with fruit tomorrow morning............... Oh, I think I just woke up!

47 Re: FEBRUARY 2014 "What's for Breakfast & Lunch? on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:38 pm

Barbara101

Breakfast? Sure why not  I love you 

bethk

Admin
Barb, WHY must you do that....EVIL WOMAN....Evil, I say!

I've been contemplating going to get some Peterbrooke chocolate disks to melt and make chocolate covered apple slices with.....

I thought I had more willpower than I apparently have.....

YOU ARE EVIL !!

Barbara101

love is in the air today ..  

Besides I bought fla strawberries the other day.Had to eat them  I love you 

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast for Tina was a egg omelet with chili inside! Huh!

I had a Thomas' soft bagel toasted and buttered with an egg and cheese with bacon.

Had to chop 2 inches of ice in the driveway, and on the porch. That was my reason for not having the French toast I was planning on making.
I have an Idea.. Idea 
I am going to make the batter for the French Toast tonight, and then dip the toast and fry it partially.
I will keep it cool; so that's all I have to do tomorrow is finish browning it.
No Mess and gooey eggs and No cleaning up spillage. Tina can cook the sausages whilst I finish the French Toast. Hey! It's worth a shot. Right?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum