Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 12 of 14]

276 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 pm

Imelda HL

Barbara101 wrote:no,, I fork it..   

I use spoon, it's much easier  lol! 

277 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:58 pm

bethk

Admin
You guys ALL make me laugh.....

Hahahahaha

Earlier this afternoon the skies cleared and it no longer looked like rain so Dane & I decided to invite Barb to join us for a drive to the beach. I've been wanting to go listen to the ocean since I got here last September but Dane had my Garmin GPS and I won't drive any long distance without it....unless he's driving and I can have a map to navigate. too scary by myself, or lack of confidence ~ IDK

But we got there and it was wonderful. I love the smell of the fresh sea air and the rhythmic sound of the waves. It was a good day.

We found an off the beaten path "fish camp" restaurant. I had steamed clams and steamed shrimp. He had fried alligator....tastes like chicken.....and we headed home. All in all, it was a really good day.

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:You guys ALL make me laugh.....

Hahahahaha

Earlier this afternoon the skies cleared and it no longer looked like rain so Dane & I decided to invite Barb to join us for a drive to the beach.  I've been wanting to go listen to the ocean since I got here last September but Dane had my Garmin GPS and I won't drive any long distance without it....unless he's driving and I can have a map to navigate.  too scary by myself, or lack of confidence ~ IDK

But we got there and it was wonderful.  I love the smell of the fresh sea air and the rhythmic sound of the waves.  It was a good day.

We found an off the beaten path "fish camp" restaurant.  I had steamed clams and steamed shrimp.  He had fried alligator....tastes like chicken.....and we headed home.  All in all, it was a really good day.

"Not For The Alligator it Wasn't!...

Pretty soon, you will be able to hitch a ride on a drone to visit the beach!

UNCLE JIMMY

It was one of those Eat All Day kind of day's.

Breakfast I had a egg / bacon / cheese on a sandwich size English muffin.

3 hurs later....I had a Philly Cheese steak wit onions and peppers and provalone cheese.

Tina had home fries that I made her. She had some kind of microwave cake like a lava cake.

For supper, I made her a Philly Cheese steak.

I had a Beth Inspired...fried onion and egg sandwich on fresh rye bread that I fried in butter.
OMG...the onions were soft and soooo sweet.

For snack tonight...there is a fried egg with onions and green peppers browned and with a slice of provalone cheese melted on top. I will have that later.

Tomorrow...we take DD Maria for her 36th BDay to Fujiyama Japanese Steak house Hibachi Grill.
There will be 10 of us. $400.00 shot in the Axx. That's ok though! Thats dads little girl!

We  will come home to have the cake and give her her gifts. The biggest (well, most interesting) will be the ShopRite "Scrunchy" ( Teddy Bear) that I found like new on Ebay.
It was the store mascot sort of!... I know she will really like that!

Bugster2

My DH bought a bottle of pre-mixed margaritas and is now paying for it dearly.

Barbara101

cut the chicken in half .have it in rub..will get my grill on later..  

Barbara101

so tender it pulls right apart..

bethk

Admin
Did you use that rub on it, Barb? It looks like it's "pinky" with paprika.... really good looking. I picked up a chicken at the store today so I think tomorrow I'll be a copy cat to you!

I had pulled a strip steak out of the freezer yesterday morning and then we decided to go to the beach so steak it was tonight. I just sprinkled it with whatever seasoning I first spied in the pantry...this one might have been Emeril's. It got just the slightest more cooked than I planned but I made the mistake of going back into the kitchen after I dropped it on the hot grill and, well, you all know how that goes.

Barbara101

looks so good..

yes,, rub is salt,pepper,garlic, Hot sweet smoked spanish paprika.rubbed it first with oil.Low & slow 60 minutes.

bethk

Admin
nothin' finer than a well roasted chicken. It really came out pretty.

I got a yellow and green zucchini to make that vegetable spaghetti to go with mine tomorrow night. I can't decide if I want dilly potato salad with it or a hot starch.....gotta think about it.

How pathetic is this? I haven't even finished chewing tonight's supper and I'm plannin' the next night's meal. Geesh!

Barbara101

I have no idea how much propane I used?I have learned how to grill better lol.Man I burned so many chickens burgers & wings.I can judge the heat & control it better with propane.Charcoal gives better flavor & when I add wood chips to smoke it is great.. However ,,, I can't control the heat.I use to little charcoal or to much   It is to hot & will burn quick or the fire is not hot hot. Just low hot lol.I also have to clean the charcoal grill.ash..Also it takes 20 minutes of longer to get the coals hot..I just don't have it down good.As much as I have used them you would think I would know better.I also have to babysit the charcoal grills.This little propane is fast to come to heat.450/500 in under 10 minutes.Has a temp thing.clean off the ci grids with a brush. empty the grease pan.. done..

another thing, I can use the baby q when it rains & when it is windy or dark.

Imelda HL

beautiful chicken Barbara.. we don't have propane grill, and Dirk likes charcoal grill, we tried to slow grilled chicken or pork, but rarely turned out good, I wish he would want to buy a gas grill

my banana bread/cake with cocoa swirl in the middle

beef tacos with guacamole and green chili sauce

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:

How pathetic is this?  I haven't even finished chewing tonight's supper and I'm plannin' the next night's meal.  Geesh!

great minds think alike   

289 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:56 pm

bethk

Admin
Great looking tacos, Imelda.

I haven't made any banana bread in ages. Mainly because I can't resist eating it all!

I did give in to my sweet tooth tonight - Sunday is the only day the local frozen custard shop makes butter pecan frozen custard. OMG, it is so, SO good!

bethk

Admin
I spachcocked my chicken to put on the grill - seasoned with the same Emeril stuff and s&p. I took out the keel bone and, wouldn't you know, it stuck to the grill. I guess I should have put a bit of foil under it until it cooked through. Oh well, so I wasn't about to take a pic and let Barb show me up since she had such a gorgeous one.....

Supper:

291 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:53 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:nothin' finer than a well roasted chicken.  It really came out pretty.

I got a yellow and green zucchini to make that vegetable spaghetti to go with mine tomorrow night.  I can't decide if I want dilly potato salad with it or a hot starch.....gotta think about it.

How pathetic is this?  I haven't even finished chewing tonight's supper and I'm plannin' the next night's meal.  Geesh!

Join The Club! .... Tina and I just finished eating at 6 and already we are looking for eats.

We had angel hair, and meatballs. Now we are nibbling on kettle chips and sour cream dippy.
The icy cold single digit cold is on way down from Canada, so it looks like a week of cold again.
More Cold = More Food to cook and eat.

Yesterday we had the DD's birthday at Fujiyama Steakhouse. We had the Hibachi cook right in front of us.
It was great, and I had some fun with the chef. Naturally he recognized I was a clown, so he was doing his acrobatics with the knives and turning tools, and Guess who was the target? LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

This is the Hibachi Grill that we ate from as the Chef Cooked the food.
Naturally I had to clown around. There were flames flying off the griddle, and I dawned my Babooshka so my hair wouldn't catch fire. Haaaaaaaaaa

Then we finished the evening with cake at the house!

This bear is the supermarket Shop Rite mascot  /  "Scrunchy"  that had been around till the late 90's.
DD loves Shop Rite as her favorite supermarket. Haaaa...She said she was going to take the bear shopping, and put him in the child seat of the shopping cart while she shops!
I got it for her on Ebay...and her BF has his from when he was a kid. It's the 70's bear, and is really hard to find. The one I bought was a 1998 bear. Still, he's a Scrunchy Bear!

bethk

Admin
Aw, Daddy made his little girl a happy smile! Amazing how they don't really ever grow up.....nice, Dad, nice.

294 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Imelda HL

bethk wrote:I spachcocked my chicken to put on the grill - seasoned with the same Emeril stuff and s&p.  I took out the keel bone and, wouldn't you know, it stuck to the grill.  I guess I should have put a bit of foil under it until it cooked through.  Oh well, so I wasn't about to take a pic and let Barb show me up since she had such a gorgeous one.....

Supper:

chicken looks good too Beth.. and was that potato on the side? I'm thinking of making them for my dinner with my in-laws.. I changed my mind about Chinese foods all out, I don't mind cooking several dishes ( Mongolian beef, Walnut shrimps, Cashew chicken, chop suey were on my mind ) but I don't think they'd like to mix everything in their plates  Neutral .. I'm thinking to make a beef stew.. I saw it on the Cook Country show.. they stewed eye chuck roast with potatoes and carrots.. I'm thinking to stew with carrots and celery, then make potatoes separately.. and roast Brussels sprouts.. and egg rolls for appetizer...

more ideas?

Imelda HL

Jimmy.. what a fun dinner.. I went to similar place a few times, my brother in law's treats.. it was fun to see the cook's attractions, we ordered sea foods

please wish a Happy Birthday to Maria .. I can tell she had fun on her special day.. Daddy sure knows how to treat his girl

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:Jimmy.. what a fun dinner.. I went to similar place a few times, my brother in law's treats.. it was fun to see the cook's attractions, we ordered sea foods

please wish a Happy Birthday to Maria .. I can tell she had fun on her special day.. Daddy sure knows how to treat his girl

Oh Yess! It was fun. I know she loves that place; but she didn't want to ask to go there because it is a little pricey! .... The whole bill for 9 of us was 310.00 plus 18% gratuity for party of 8 and over !
It was worth to see her happy!...That's all that counts!

Thanks for the Happy Birthday mention; I will tell her!

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Aw, Daddy made his little girl a happy smile!  Amazing how they don't really ever grow up.....nice, Dad, nice.

Laughing  Oh So Right Beth!
They never grow up. .....But then again, Neither have I! haaaaaaa

Barbara101

have no idea what steak this is.TBone maybe..Cut it half. Leftover for tomorrow.

Oh BTW steak fries & onion rings from Wal mart.Nancy from MD got me hooked on them..   

UNCLE JIMMY

Had kielbasi, steamed peppers / coleslaw ( Thank You Beth ) / potato salad. Rye bread and butter!( Burp)

Dessert was Tastycake chocolate cupcakes.

Last edited by UNCLE JIMMY on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added photo)

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

have no idea what steak this is.TBone maybe..Cut it half. Leftover for tomorrow.

Oh BTW steak fries & onion rings from Wal mart.Nancy from MD got me hooked on them..   

L00KS Good Barb! .... I could go for a steak...soon.  bounce 

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum