Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN?

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

126 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:07 am

Imelda HL

no cooking today.. I went to Costco while Dirk was having his teeth work at the dentist.. I walked around for almost 2 hours, I bought 1 rotisserie chicken for $4.99 then sat down to have their Polish hot dog, $1.50 with a drink.. when Dirk came to pick me, he did not want to eat anything, so we went home, and had chicken for supper..

127 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:39 am

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:no cooking today.. I went to Costco while Dirk was having his teeth work at the dentist.. I walked around for almost 2 hours, I bought 1 rotisserie chicken for $4.99 then sat down to have their Polish hot dog, $1.50 with a drink.. when Dirk came to pick me, he did not want to eat anything, so we went home, and had chicken for supper..

Gee, for a minute there, I thought you were gonna say you bought Dirk a box of peanut brittle for supper. hahahahahahaha

Poor Dirk... Tooth work is the worst. We wish him well!

bethk

Admin
Tonight was straight from the freezer....

Sweet & Sour Pork over rice with some toasted ciabatta bread

Barbara101

Pot roast over wide noodles..

bethk

Admin
Strangely similar.....yet, not.

Hmmmm, now I'm thinking it's time for some beef.

131 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:01 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Tonight was straight from the freezer....

Sweet & Sour Pork over rice with some toasted ciabatta bread

Looks good Beth! My left eye keeps landing on that bread though!

132 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:03 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:

Pot roast over wide noodles..

Barb! That meal is killin me here! I just love wide noonies!

133 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:06 pm

Barbara101

LOL I did not have any potatoes ..

134 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:13 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Tina made pea soup today. Had that and a couple bologna sliders.
We were supposed to have Philly Cheese steaks, but we filled up on other stuff. The reason was, I was waiting for the steak slices to thaw. The place where Tina gets them, does not place waxed paper to separate the slices of beef eye of round.

I did make the coleslaw and it tasted just like KFC. I could have diced the slaw in the bag a little more, but heck, it was great.
The kids are coming for burgers tomorrow, so the slaw will be a welcome thing to have.

I will have Tina pick up a bag of Orida frozen fries. The pop in the oven kind. They are not bad.

135 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:21 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Barbara101 wrote:LOL I did not have any potatoes ..

We would only have potatoes if, and only if there were no noodles.

Did you ever have those Kluski Noodles. They are great too.
I'll bet Beth and Dane would like them.

I think Penna Dutch Makes them??? I have to ask the shopper lady!

Here is the ones we get!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/17243372?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227015513896&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=41952305590&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=40013264350&veh=sem

136 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Barbara101

oh they look good.next time I go there,I will get some.Thx..

UNCLE JIMMY

Got the Burgers all pressed out with my tupperware Patty Stacker

The kids have a Eye Glass appt. at 6 just in town, and I am ready...
Fried mushrooms / a spinach salad / and for whomever wants...I have the Philly Cheese Steaks ready to put together.

Tinamommy Made a Vanilla white cake with butter cream icing.

Then tonight...we wait for the big storm. Forecasting 8 to 12 inches of the white stuff.

DD's work is already cancelled for tomorrow.

bethk

Admin
I got to host the Monthly Ladies' Luncheon today ~ the two ladies who usually do it were both out of town or at physician appointments....and let's just say, a bunch of women at lunch can always have a good time laughing and enjoying themselves.

So, I wasn't all that hungry for any supper. I asked Dane what he wanted and he came up with his "usual"...ah, food...I don't know....what are my choices?....aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!

Finally he decided he didn't want to have me cook anything, he wants KFC ~ original recipe with the mashed potatoes (fake potatoes, to be sure) and the little bit of gravy they top it with. But, hey, if that's what he wants, who am I to complain? He got his wish and I got a couple Chicken Little sandwiches that I doctored up with a big spoonful of homemade tartar sauce. I ended up with his slaw. So, that was supper.

Barbara101

and I have Carrot cake    

140 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:29 pm

NormM

We had ham steaks, fried rice, mushrooms bread sticks and a Jacques Pepin dip for bread sticks.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

141 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:18 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

Had the burgers. Kids came over; ate and are on way home to hunker down for when the storm approaches.
i just cleaned up, anf Tina is cooking pizza sauce for pizza snack tonight.
She is going to use the Blue Tube rolled up pizza dough! She likes it. What can I say??

UNCLE JIMMY

The pics of pizza and cake.....

Laughing 

bethk

Admin
Barb - looks like you got your meal cooked just in time! I sure could go for some roasted vegetables, especially some that look as good as yours.

Jimmy, you and Tina just stay inside and under the blankets. No need to go outside to mess around in the snow. This crap has to stop eventually....just stay safe.

bethk

Admin
NormM wrote:We had ham steaks, fried rice, mushrooms bread sticks and a Jacques Pepin dip for bread sticks.

Norm, what's in the Jacques dip for the bread sticks?  (and why didn't you put it on your blog???)

Will you post your chocolate raspberry torte pic and recipe in our dessert section? I'm curious just how long it was available for pics......looks luscious!

145 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:14 am

Barbara101

chocolate raspberry torte

Oh yum.. DD came by last week to pick up 'something' I baked.I mean gosh she runs in, grabs & goes. You would think,she would say ghee Mom thanks, is there anything I can do for you???  No Evil or Very Mad Guess I just am just the family baker.Then again I guess I could ask but I figure she already knows I could use her help.
Oops sorry did not mean to vent on your torte lol

what she did bring in ,was her coffee from Starbucks.It was white choc mocha with raspberry & had whipped cream on top,with fresh raspberries stuffed with white choco chips.  

pop right in my head gosh what a topping for a pie or cheesecake or trifle..I am doing that..lol

146 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:19 am

Barbara101

Just threw them in the roasting pan lol. I found some potato ,I did not know I had. good thing I saw them ghezz.

so salad of some sort today. Another day of freezing rain..  Crying or Very sad 

147 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:45 am

bethk

Admin
Man, this weather is CRAZY ~ I sure hope everyone is staying inside and you are warm and comfy under a pile of blankets (with special "friends" helping to hold it all down on top of you!).

148 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:40 am

cookingirl

This weather is horrible!
please stay inside!!
and talk about cold! :afraid: 

I had my arthroscopic surgery done a week ago today.. It was a bit rough for a few days, but not as bad as I thought..
I had physical therapy yesterday--ouch! still have some stitches. They cleaned out the shoulder, a small cartilage tear, and saw the biceps tendon was frayed. They cut one arm of the tendon. I now have a 'popeye' arm! This recovery seems better tun when I broke it; although I do not have any strength in my arm and cannot lift it much...
Worse thing...my job fired me a week before surgery....just shows what kind of people they are....
anyone here had to re-invent themselves at age 59?
ven if I could return to my previous job(i do not think I could do it physically), the field is so small and everyone knows everyone all over the country....
any ideas?
Artie is my constant companion. H will no leave me....

I am watching the weather and thinking of you guys~~~~~~take care!
 sunny  sunny  Sleep  Sleep 

149 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:50 am

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Barb - looks like you got your meal cooked just in time!  I sure could go for some roasted vegetables, especially some that look as good as yours.

Jimmy, you and Tina just stay inside and under the blankets.  No need to go outside to mess around in the snow.  This crap has to stop eventually....just stay safe.

Oh! Thanks Beth

We are inside and looking out. Tina has all the shutters and blinds up so we can view the snow.
The kitties are looking out also.

[/b]

150 Re: FEBRUARY 2014: What's Cooking In The KITCHEN? on Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:40 pm

bethk

Admin
cookingirl wrote:This weather is horrible!  
please stay inside!!  
and talk about cold! :afraid: 

I had my arthroscopic surgery done a week ago today.. It was a bit rough for a few days, but not as bad as I thought..
I had physical therapy yesterday--ouch! still have some stitches. They cleaned out the shoulder, a small cartilage tear, and saw the biceps tendon was frayed. They cut one arm of the tendon. I now have a 'popeye' arm!   This recovery seems better tun when I broke it; although I do not have any strength in my arm and cannot lift it much...
Worse thing...my job fired me a week before surgery....just shows what kind of people they are....
anyone here had to re-invent themselves at age 59?
ven if I could return to my previous job(i do not think I could do it physically), the field is so small and everyone knows everyone all over the country....
any ideas?
Artie is my constant companion. H will no leave me....

I am watching the weather and thinking of you guys~~~~~~take care!
 sunny  sunny  Sleep  Sleep 

Main objective is to recover and get your health back.

Best suggestion I have, after going through a company closing at age 55 and not finding any employer even wanting to interview me....

Go to your attorney and ask for assistance in either an "age discrimination" suit or, probably better for you since you were injured on the job....disability and SS. You have paid into the system for years and there is coverage for you available, but the application process can be daunting. Seek professional advice.

I'd also suggest you keep your chin up, but, hell, it would probably hurt....

(sorry, I just couldn't resist that one)

XOXO

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum