Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sams vs Costco

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sams vs Costco Empty Sams vs Costco Tue May 14, 2013 9:55 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

How does Sams Meats & veggies etc compare to Costco?

It is just to far for me to drive to Costco.
Sams is closer, not by much.Plus the membership is a lot less.

I have been told that the meat is not the meat you get at Wal Mart. Some how I don't think that is right.IDK>>

2Sams vs Costco Empty Re: Sams vs Costco Tue May 14, 2013 11:03 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have a Costco membership because in Ohio I'm close to both Costco & Sam's club. But here in The Villages the closest Costco is a good hour drive (of course, I have all the time in the world so I can drive there to shop once a month if I want to). There is a Sam's Club adjacent to The Villages (next to the ABC Liquor Store ~ lol). My friend has a membership to Sam's so I can go shopping there with her.

I think their meat departments are very close in the quality of products. I don't like the Sam's Club rotisserie chickens because their seasoning is too salty for me. Costco's I like better. I purchase good beef and pork at either. Sam's Club was the only place I could find the sliced beef short ribs with the bones on top to make Norm's Korean Bulgogi - Costco only had the boneless beef short ribs and I had to slice them into thin planks once I got them home. But both were fresh and excellent quality short ribs. Both had wonderful rib eye steaks - only in multi packs and pricey, but thicker cut and better tasting than what I can find in the grocery store. I also like the way the chicken thighs are packaged.

The big difference, for me, is the Kirkland brand. Sam's doesn't have anything close in quality. And Sam's seems to drop a lot of items more often than Costco does. At least that's my observation. I will continue to have my Costco membership ~ lots of other stuff that is just a better quality and selection than Sam's in my opinion.

3Sams vs Costco Empty Re: Sams vs Costco Sat May 18, 2013 4:51 am

LisaSD

LisaSD

You can get a visitor's pass at Sam's club and see if you like it. At least, they used to do that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum