Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Medical Aler T

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Just watching TV, and got a kick out of the AD for "Medical Alert!"
The button thingy that when you are in trouble or fall, you just push the clicker!!

Ha Ha Ha ....The funny part, is the Lady that pushes the AlerT and says'
I feel light headed, but I'm OK!!!! then the Alert Company says,"Is there anything I can do Julie?" ..... WOW! a first name basis like the alert company really knows Julie Personally!

Julie then say's,"No. I'm OK, but if you can call the neighbor Mr's ?? whomever, maybe she can come over. She checks on ,me once in a while!"

Like HELLOooooooooooo! ....

Man! If I had that clicker, when they respond to me as Jimmy, I would say! "I'm weak!" I've had nothing to eat!
Can you call the local Pizza shop, and have them deliver me a meatball sub, and a couple slices of pizza with anchiovies?"   LOL LOL LOL!!!

Can you imagine ????

Just thought it was a funny weird ad! I had to post it!


2 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:31 am

Barbara101

avatar
those are so lame.yet lots of older folks fall for that.Like the walk in bath.Then the ads for meds.


OMG.. looks like the wonder cure all drug. Then the part at the end that tells you hey take this drug & you might drop dead..........

LMAO at the one for men..Little blue pill... If you have a erection for then 4 hrs see a doc. Sure like for one, you can walk in the docs office any time.With that thing  affraid Never having one  affraid  how do you hide this????  scratch geek 

You know I have even thought to get one. I swear I can go 2 weeks & not one phone call.Ghezz Mom how the heck are you????? Suspect 

3 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 am

JanaAZ


We have a lot of denture commercials here. It cracks me up since its always people about 40 with perfect teeth arguing with the dentist about how long it will take to get the dentures. Now who has perfect teeth and wants to get dentures? And....do a lot of 40 year olds need them?

4 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:40 am

bethk

avatar
Admin
Well, living in the retirement community I do ~ you can only guess about all the ads we get to see.

I love the "free lunch" ads in the paper to RSVP for the cremation informational seminar. If you're there to talk about cremation are you really thinking you'll have much of an appetite?

Oh, and the "lunch hour face lift" ads....I think it's Debbie Boone (Pat's daughter....). Anyone who doesn't research and see pics of the lifts that went south, well, you just might not be as thrilled as the success ones shown.

5 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:43 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:those are so lame.yet lots of older folks fall for that.Like the walk in bath.Then the ads for meds.


OMG.. looks like the wonder cure all drug. Then the part at the end that tells you hey take this drug & you might drop dead..........

LMAO at the one for men..Little blue pill... If you have a erection for then 4 hrs see a doc. Sure like for one, you can walk in the docs office any time.With that thing  affraid Never having one  affraid  how do you hide this????  scratch geek 

You know I have even thought to get one. I swear I can go 2 weeks & not one phone call.Ghezz Mom how the heck are you????? Suspect 

 Laughing  That is so funny Barb!!
These kids today! I don't know where their heads are? ( You know the answer, where the sun don't shine) but, like the other day.
Son comes over, and I had the garbage bag, at the top of the stairs to take down to the can outside.
As he was leaving, he just walked past it, and went home.
1o Minutes later...DD comes over. Rapes the freezer of chicken, and took an onion, and "Bye!" Gotta go! Have to cook supper!
I said,"Dolly, would you please take the garbage out for daddy?" I love you 
answer: "_ hit Dad! My hands are all full, and I gotta get home!
huffy and puffy, and all bent out of shape!

Gosh you would think I asked her for for a hundred dollars!!! No 

" _ issed me off!"

6 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:53 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
Time to think about a freezer lock.....just as a reminder.

Oh, wait, is she still coming to clean the floors and bathrooms? I might re-think that freezer lock idea if she's still cleaning.....

oh well, what ya gonna do?

7 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Barbara101

avatar
Gosh you would think I asked her for for a hundred dollars!!!


Mine would be asking me that........She must not need money. Her dad died in April so she may have got some cash.I do not ask....

When I first moved back to Sc, the boys came over a lot....... to eat. Not to lift one finger to do a thing.My no account EX Sil did nothing,worthless POS.
DD is super busy.But when she needed or wanted money man she was right here.She did a time or 2 vacuum for me or she shampooed the carpet for me to knock off the $50 she just 'borrowed'. I swear if I got the money back she 'borrowed' I would be rich.......I have learned to not lend any more money.You can kiss it goodbye.I do not ask for any jobs to be done around my house.They either get done by me or I call the man,OR they just don't get done at all.lol.

8 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:05 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Time to think about a freezer lock.....just as a reminder.

Oh, wait, is she still coming to clean the floors and bathrooms?  I might re-think that freezer lock idea if she's still cleaning.....

oh well, what ya gonna do?

She is off on Monday's, and she USED To come over and vacuum and scrub the bathroom etc.
Now!!... She is tied up with her farm animals.
I don't care, but as long as she feeds our freezer with bacon and ham, and I do want the beef tenderloin. hahahaha.... The chickens now are worthless. No Eggs with this cold temperatures.

I asked her, dolly,"Dad could use a haircut, could you please bring over the clippers and tools one day? ... ( Already day 9 )  Mad 

Mommy and DD know, if I were to go to a barber, I would just say,"Buzz it all off!"

So that is why DD cuts my hair. Heck, I paid the almost 3,000.00 for her to become a cosmetologist! Ooops! They forgot that!! No 

9 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:23 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:Gosh you would think I asked her for for a hundred dollars!!!


Mine would be asking me that........She must not need money. Her dad died in April so she may have got some cash.I do not ask....

When I first moved back to Sc, the boys came over a lot....... to eat. Not to lift one finger to do a thing.My no account EX Sil did nothing,worthless POS.
DD is super busy.But when she needed or wanted money man she was right here.She did a time or 2 vacuum for me or she shampooed the carpet for me to knock off the $50 she just 'borrowed'. I swear if I got the money back she 'borrowed' I would be rich.......I have learned to not lend any more money.You can kiss it goodbye.I do not ask for any jobs to be done around my house.They either get done by me or I call the man,OR they just don't get done at all.lol.

Same here Barb.
One day I was outside trimming and cutting the mulberry tree that blew down. Son came over. Said,"What the heck are you doing now?" ... Don't ya know its 90º outside?

No Dad let me help said, but he did say,"Uh! Cut it up no bigger than 16 inches so I could fit it in the fireplace.
I said, when are you coming to pick it up? Soon her said!!
1 Whole year and a half later....The wood still sits next to the garbage cans at the end of the driveway, waiting and waiting for him to get it!!

Now! It's to the point that I am gonna advertise it " Free for the Taking" to anyone else who wants it!

10 Re: Medical Aler T on Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:12 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
bethk wrote:Time to think about a freezer lock.....just as a reminder.

Oh, wait, is she still coming to clean the floors and bathrooms?  I might re-think that freezer lock idea if she's still cleaning.....

oh well, what ya gonna do?

Beth, would you believe somehow the lock on the freezer was broken. GD came up one day, and said,Gram,"The freezer door is stuck open a crack!"
I ran down, and DD was in there the day before, and the door was locked before she slammed the door.
It bent somehow, and I guess she didn't notice it!
Now I have to add a latch like a shed latch and lock. LOL I couldn't believe it!
I tell them,"Don't SLAM the doors!" Do they care?? Uh Uh! Mad 

11 Re: Medical Aler T on Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:20 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Barbara101 wrote:LMAO at the one for men..Little blue pill... If you have a erection for then 4 hrs see a doc. Sure like for one, you can walk in the docs office any time.With that thing Never having one how do you hide this????

We have a standing joke in this house when that four-hour erection ad comes on. I smile at Brian and say, "If you get an erection lasting four hours, I'm not calling a soul!" and we both laugh -- every single time!

12 Re: Medical Aler T on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:07 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Crybaby wrote:
Barbara101 wrote:LMAO at the one for men..Little blue pill... If you have a erection for then 4 hrs see a doc. Sure like for one, you can walk in the docs office any time.With that thing   Never having one    how do you hide this????

We have a standing joke in this house when that four-hour erection ad comes on.  I smile at Brian and say, "If you get an erection lasting four hours, I'm not calling a soul!" and we both laugh -- every single time!


I laugh when I think of when I was young and able,
"I had to make sure I had a long jacket when I rode a bus"
And when I got off the bus, they would say,"Oh You poor thing, did you hurt your back?" ( As I walked out bent forward )

So see,"Back then we had what they called "Pop Ups" and we didn't even have computers!"

13 Re: Medical Aler T on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:14 pm

bethk

avatar
Admin
You two have GOT to stop....I just sit here snickerin' and it makes me feel like a letcherous old woman!

    

14 Re: Medical Aler T on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:23 pm

Bugster2

avatar
I was watching an episode of "Sex sent me to the E.R". There was a woman who couldn't stop having you know whats. It went on for 3 hours. Apparently it isn't that uncommon...

My DH and I used to laugh and imitate the commercial where the old lady is lying in a bathtub in her clothes with her legs hanging over the sides. She says "I've fallen and I can't get up". Now when my husband eats a particularly good meal he looks at me and says "I've eaten and I can't get up" in an old geezer's voice. Makes me laugh every time.

15 Re: Medical Aler T on Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:08 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:I was watching an episode of "Sex sent me to the E.R". There was a woman who couldn't stop having you know whats. It went on for 3 hours. Apparently it isn't that uncommon...

My DH and I used to laugh and imitate the commercial where the old lady is lying in a bathtub in her clothes with her legs hanging over the sides. She says "I've fallen and I can't get up". Now when my husband eats a particularly good meal he looks at me and says "I've eaten and I can't get up" in an old geezer's voice. Makes me laugh every time.
 
Oh geepes, that is funny!  Laughing 
 
The way they write those commercials is backwards.
If one falls and cannot get up, there would be some sort of pain expressed, and some wiggling around. I have fallen a few times, and I didn't just lay there, and calmly say I can't get up> I screamed and yelled, and cussed at the top of my lungs. I tried to get up too! Thankfully I did get up. It was the next 7 days that I felt like I needed Medic Alert!
 
Oh! then there is another one for Medic Aler T.
The one where there is a brief supposedly an accident with a Table saw in a garage / shop. The saw blade is spinning, and then someone shuts off the switch, and the saw comes to a coasting stop. I noticed that the saw blade was installed backwards just as the blade came to a stop.
Anyone familiar with a table saw would notice that the blade rotation was backwards.


16 Re: Medical Aler T on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:44 pm

Bugster2

avatar
I don't usually notice those things. My DH is really sharp about cars in movies. The car that went over the cliff isn't the one that was shown starting to go off the cliff. Sound effects that have a stick shift when the car is automatic. The mirrors and windshields missing from the cars etc. etc..

I did notice something that my DH missed in a fifties sci-fi movie that we were watching. In those kind of movies he will usually point out that the spaceship is held together with wood screws, made with peg board, patio chaise lounges used as seats. What I saw was a group of astronauts that were wearing spacesuits. They got up out of some chairs and as they were walking away, one of the astronauts hitched his crotch. I started howling. We had to run the DVD backward so my DH could see it. We had a really good laugh with that one. These movies are done so cheaply that they probably couldn't afford to re-shoot the scene. It was priceless.

17 Re: Medical Aler T on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:04 am

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Bugster2 wrote:I don't usually notice those things. My DH is really sharp about cars in movies. The car that went over the cliff isn't the one that was shown starting to go off the cliff. Sound effects that have a stick shift when the car is automatic. The mirrors and windshields missing from the cars etc. etc..

I did notice something that my DH missed in a fifties sci-fi movie that we were watching. In those kind of movies he will usually point out that the spaceship is held together with wood screws, made with peg board, patio chaise lounges used as seats. What I saw was a group of astronauts that were wearing spacesuits. They got up out of some chairs and as they were walking away, one of the astronauts hitched his crotch. I started howling. We had to run the DVD backward so my DH could see it. We had a really good laugh with that one. These movies are done so cheaply that they probably couldn't afford to re-shoot the scene. It was priceless.

There was a Robin Hood movie a few years back, and one of the scenes had a guy with a sword, and wearing a wrist watch.
( boy I really dated myself saying "wrist watch" )
They never picked it up on the first pre screening.
I never saw it, but I read it in the newspaper.

18 Re: Medical Aler T on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:36 pm

NormM

avatar
Are you sure it wasn't a wrist sundial? Or maybe a wrist hourglass.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

19 Re: Medical Aler T on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:41 pm

NormM

avatar
The kids were watching The Great Gatsby on Netflix and I enjoyed id-ing the pens and pencils they were using. I checked later and found out what I suspected about the music they played in one scene: The version of Rhapsody in Blue wasn't performed until twenty or so years later.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

20 Re: Medical Aler T on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:59 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
NormM wrote:Are you sure it wasn't a wrist sundial? Or maybe a wrist hourglass.
hahahahahahahaha

It was maybe a "Dick Tracy" Wrist Radio!

I'll never forget dreaming and asking my Dad,"Dad...do they really have those wrist radio's?" ... Dad said,"NOoooo! That's just pretend in the comics. "That will never be!".... If he was alive today, he would really be surprised!

Like you said about the pens etc.
I remember the teacher passing out the first Ball Point Pens. They were just a hexagonal shaped pen with the ink barrel moulded inside and not removeable.

We all looked at it like a bunch of monkey's that would be dumbfounded with a barrel full of dry banana chips!  Suspect 

There was one teacher that banned the clicker (retractable) ball point pens.
The kids would click click click them and it _ issed her off!


21 Re: Medical Aler T on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:00 pm

Barbara101

avatar
I remember when Forest Gump came out. All the shrimping scenes where wrong.. They even where shrimping with NO doors or nets LMAO..Having been on & around shrimp boats due to my Mom owning & running one,I picked up on that right off....

22 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Uncle Jimmy wrote:Oh! then there is another one for Medic Aler T.
The one where there is a brief supposedly an accident with a Table saw in a garage / shop. The saw blade is spinning, and then someone shuts off the switch, and the saw comes to a coasting stop. I noticed that the saw blade was installed backwards just as the blade came to a stop.
Anyone familiar with a table saw would notice that the blade rotation was backwards.

Jimmy, I literally laughed out loud when I read your message, as the first thing I thought was, "No wonder the poor SOB cut off his hand!" Only YOU would notice the blade was installed backwards! Brian and I could've watched that ad 20 times a day until they bury us, and we wouldn't have noticed a thing.

About 20 or so years ago, we lived in a beautiful old house in Uptown N.O. that contained 5 apartments. It had a beautiful Jacuzzi pool (I don't think they make them anymore), the fiberglass type that was lifted into your yard by a crane. The landlords -- a married couple who were loonier than the day is long -- went out of town and asked us to feed their dog and cat. I also told her I'd water her plants inside her apartment.

Well, we'd been at the pool most of the afternoon with one of the neighbors, Scott, and Brian and Scott had been having a few beers. I, too, had had a couple of drinks. The landlords' dog, Biscuit, who we alll loved (a German Shepherd-sized mutt), started pooping on the deck, which surrounded the pool and covered most of the backyard. The landlords had preserved a small plot of grass at the back of their apartment for the dog to use for his business. I told Brian that the grass was so high back there, that I was sure the dog was using the deck rather than put up with that high grass. So Brian and Scott decided to cut the grass so the dog would again use the plot of grass and they decided to do it the way the nutcase landlord did -- with a chainsaw!

At first I laughed and told the two idiots that there was no way they should use a chainsaw after drinking. Of course, this probably only egged them on as they continued rooting thru the landlord's outside storage and found the chainsaw. I told them I wasn't going to watch them, as I didn't want to see one of their arms fly off. So I went inside the apartment to water Ms. Nutcase's plants. While inside, I could hear the sound of the chainsaw. So I decided to peep through the windows at the two idiots -- and just as I parted the blinds to look out at them, I saw this huge blue-white flash! And then all I heard was maniacal laughter -- the two of them had sawed right thru the extension cord! Well, that worked a lot better than my words so they stopped and put the saw (and the now useless extension cord) back in the storage shed. About a week later, we were out in the yard and Ms. Nutcase found the ruined extension cord and said, "Look what my stupid husband did -- he cut the extension cord in half!" Neither of us said a word and just hurried back to our apartment, laughing like two 10-year olds!

Like Brian tells people today, "My wife won't let me play with power tools ever again."

23 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:19 pm

Crybaby

avatar
Sorry but for some reason, my message got posted twice. Lord knows, once is enough!



Last edited by Crybaby on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

24 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Crybaby

avatar
bethk wrote:You two have GOT to stop....I just sit here snickerin' and it makes me feel like a letcherous old woman!

    

I thought about that when I typed my message about the "four-hour erection" -- I hoped I wouldn't offend anyone but it was TOO FUNNY not to tell you guys!

25 Re: Medical Aler T on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

avatar
Crybaby wrote:Sorry but for some reason, my message got posted twice.  Lord knows, once is enough!

That's ok to post it as many times as you want!
That story is so funny, I am going to read it again and again and over and over; so I could laugh some more!!!hahahahahahahaha

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum