Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate...

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bethk

bethk
Admin

Crybaby wrote:
I love sunny side up eggs.  I cook them the entire three minutes with the top on (no water added).  The whites come out cooked perfectly, as do the yolks.  The yolks have a fine white color when finished but they're cooked just perfectly.  Why don't you give it another try?

Honestly? I think I like them better when I give 'em a flip and really cook the top side a bit. Any of the white that's not truly firm is not what I like. But, hey, don't they look pretty? The color on my plate was worth the discomfort of me trying to scrape the oozzzeee parts to the side. lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

I wasn't going to have lunch.....didn't really need any lunch. I had a big breakfast.

BUT ~

Jimmy's Greek Style Chili Sauce was sittin' in the refrigerator, just waiting to be bagged up for the freezer and I just had to do a "test run". Perfect. The spice is right on. Thanks, Jimmy - now it's in MY files and if you need it, just give me a holler.

Only bad thing was....I'm out of my sweet/hot Tony Packo pickles. Bread and butter pickles were OK but the Tony Packo ones would have been perfect.January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Lunch012114

Barbara101

Barbara101

My sunny side up with a lid turn out not runny.I like them poached too.Looks good.

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:My sunny side up with a lid turn out not runny.I like them poached too.Looks good.

My absolute favorite way to eat eggs is poached -- soft, too. No more than three minutes!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I have to say, soft boiled is my favorite....cold eggs from the refrigerator into boiling pot of water, keep it boiling for 5 minutes. Remove shell under running water.

The whites are set perfectly for me that way (and maybe just a tiny bit of the yolk, depending on the size of the egg....).

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I like my fried eggs over well with crispy edges.. when I make fried eggs at my in-law's house, I have to make them 3 ways... sunny side up for my DH and FIL, over easy for my MIL and over well for me.. I don't like runny yolk and egg white

brunch yesterday

for him: cheese and tomato omelet with frozen veggies and sausage and my MIL's homemade bread for toast, slathered with butter

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 DSCN0952

3 chicken + shrimps + jicama dumplings for me..

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 28-4

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I wasn't going to have lunch.....didn't really need any lunch.  I had a big breakfast.

BUT ~

Jimmy's Greek Style Chili Sauce was sittin' in the refrigerator, just waiting to be bagged up for the freezer and I just had to do a "test run".  Perfect.  The spice is right on.  Thanks, Jimmy - now it's in MY files and if you need it, just give me a holler.

Only bad thing was....I'm out of my sweet/hot Tony Packo pickles.  Bread and butter pickles were OK but the Tony Packo ones would have been perfect.January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Lunch012114

I'm glad it worked out for you Beth! Thank you for trying it!
NOW... I must have hot dogs tonight. With the last freezer container of Greek Chili Sauce. LOL
Tina wants to make braised chicken thighs and legs in onions.
That's OK.... I'll eat that too!

Would you believe, I had eggs (2) this morning over medium, and I have to flip. When I crack the eggs, I go next to the yolk, not roughly, but very carefully, and scrape the spatula outward to spread and flatten the whites. They cook perfectly, and then a flip, and a pin prick in the center of the yolk so that the steam does not cook the yolk. Ummm! With Buttered (heavily) toast! Lots of Black pepper too!

The appetites are brewing as we watch the snowfall. Light now, but looking at 6 to 9 tonight.

DD Maria work called closed. People cancellations at the spa where she does nail / pede / and facials.

Tina is N O T going to her uncles tomorrow! YAY!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Both look super good, Imelda.....'cept I KNOW that chili sauce on your dumplings would set ME on fire! Great flavor, but turn my mouth into flames! lol

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I like my fried eggs over well with crispy edges.. when I make fried eggs at my in-law's house, I have to make them 3 ways... sunny side up for my DH and FIL, over easy for my MIL and over well for me.. I don't like runny yolk and egg white

brunch yesterday

for him: cheese and tomato omelet with frozen veggies and sausage and my MIL's homemade bread for toast, slathered with butter

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 DSCN0952

3 chicken + shrimps + jicama dumplings for me..

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 28-4

Looks Great Imelda.
BTW... I noticed your fried egg from the other day. That is how I like an egg on a egg sandwich. Crispy edges....Yum!
The pan must be hot when cracking the egg when I make them.

I never order eggs out because they never cook them correctly.
I tell them "Scrambled Hard!" That's kind of hard to mess up!

Barbara101

Barbara101

I may end up with hot dogs myself.Right now I am so wore out.Might have a nap. Sleep Dogs are fast & easy..

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Was up at 6:30 this morning, and waiting for the young man that cleans my snow to show up. He's a college student here in town, and he really does a great job .
He cleans the two cars off, the porches, the walks, and the driveway down to the bare bone. The plus is he even breaks through the plowed over drive apron which is all the street crap and salted heavy snow. That's the back breaker.

Anyway, I had a nice Egg, Cheese, and fried Taylor ham, on a soft and toasted Thomas' Bagel.
Wow! With loads of fresh ground black pepper, it really hit the spot.

I took out the Greek style Chili sauce for the Sabbrette hot dogs I am planning to have.
Tina can have leftover pigs in the blanket and there is the spinach soup leftover too.
Tina will make mac and Cheese for GD.

The sun is shining, but nothing is melting. It was - 1º this morning. It is 9º out now.

bethk

bethk
Admin

No breakfast for me this morning, but lunch at a BBQ Place, we shared an order of chopped beef brisket and pulled pork sliders. Lyn had potato salad and I had collards....super good and just the right size!

bethk

bethk
Admin

When I opened the refrigerator to grab the egg carton I realized I had mushrooms on the shelf and my mouth was instantly ready for a mushroom / onion omelette. And, for me, an omelette isn't "right" without my signature slather of store bought taco sauce....not for everyone but works for me!

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Brkfst012314

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:When I opened the refrigerator to grab the egg carton I realized I had mushrooms on the shelf and my mouth was instantly ready for a mushroom / onion omelette.  And, for me, an omelette isn't "right" without my signature slather of store bought taco sauce....not for everyone but works for me!

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Brkfst012314

I guess we are on the same wave length. I made a onion, cheese, tomato, and sausage diced omelet this AM at 4:30 and I slept 5 hours, and hungry as a horse. Good thing is, all I have to do is heat it in foil in the toaster oven, and make my toast. Ha Ha

I love taco sauce on mine too! Has to be the hot spicy one though!.
We save those little packets of taco sauce from Taco Bell!
Tina wants no part of eggs today.  Rolling Eyes 

bethk

bethk
Admin

I don't take extras when I stop at places like Taco Bell...seems too much like I'm keeping the costs up for everyone if I do that, but I do like you and keep the extras they put in the sack when we go through the drive-thru.  With GD staying with you I'll just bet you have enough ketchup to fill an empty bottle by now.  lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just had a couple scrambled eggs and a piece of toast...boring, too boring for a pic.

bethk

bethk
Admin

I had a bowl of oatmeal with a sprinkling of broken pecans and dried fruit and a good splash of half and half.

Does anyone else make microwave oatmeal? I use regular rolled oats, not the quick cook kind, for this. I take a knife and put a layer of butter all around the inside edge of my Pyrex single serve dish, add a couple handfuls of the oatmeal, a pinch of salt and a spoonful of brown sugar, mix to distribute. Then I add enough water to cover and microwave for 3 minutes on high. The butter on the inside edge of the dish prevents the bubbling cereal from cooking up and over the edge and ending up on the glass plate in the microwave.

That's it - easy peasy. I put my cooked cereal in a bowl, add the dried fruit (that plumps quickly when stirred into the hot cereal) and broken pecans, finally adding my half & half. I know it's a super carb rich breakfast, but it is a comfort food for sure....and so, so easy.

Barbara101

Barbara101

not I.. It has been a long time since I even made reg oats.I used up what I had & have not bought any since.

I do use steel cut. I make in my rice cooker. Razz When I think about the night before lol.

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Challahpudding400

this may look like a mess on plate.It sure hit the spot tho.Looking for some raisin bread in my freezer.came across half loaf of Challah.Thought about french toast.. Yes.. Then put it in the toaster over to bake. Then covered it with fried apples. Mixed in some almonds & raisins ..Baked some more.. January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 3593629538

bethk

bethk
Admin

That looks like dessert for breakfast! Isn't it amazing what a bit of fresh hot fruit can do for your mood? Best "plan B" I've seen in a while.

Speaking of Challah, I'm really getting hungry for Stephan's braided egg bread....I've got some yeast in the refrigerator.....I really should make some. (if I wasn't so lazy!)

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have not made bread,rolls,pizza dough since my bread machine went belly up.KA will do the job I guess but makes a mess.I have made pizza dough one time in the thing.Did not like the recipe. Did not like the sticky mess I had to play with.Did not like the clean up..

bethk

bethk
Admin

Well, this is unusual for me....but I've made the dough and we'll see how it turns out. Last time I made it was at my Andrea's and she dealt with the mixing and kneading as she's very good with bread. I just did the braiding and shaping.

So, if it fails then it's all on me. If it's beautiful, you will know I have a smile across my face!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I realized I had not packaged & frozen the Greek Style Chili Sauce I made so that got taken care of. I have a good sized amount (a Pyrex "grab-it" full) to take to a Super Bowl get together and 3 good size snack bags full to reheat for Dane and me sometime. There was a little bit left and I thought it would be just right to top one hot dog for my lunch...

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Lunch012514

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Breakfast was a challa roll with butter.

Tina is making a French vanilla cake . For suppers dessert.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Leftover grilled chicken & homemade bread = chicken sandwich with complete coverage of a bread & butter pickle & garden lettuce (yum!).....oh, and, (you guessed it) a whole lot of Miracle Whip.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... - Page 3 Lunch012614

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum