Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate...

+3
UNCLE JIMMY
Barbara101
bethk
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just wanted some eggs with whatever I could find in the refrigerator....

turns out the tomatoes heated just until they started to burst and some spinach filled the bill.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Brkfst010314

Barbara101

Barbara101

Looks good beth.

I decided I wanted some biscuits.Even thought about making sausage,gravy.

Ran out of white lily self rising.Had some made up from apf. Forgot how to make them  January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... 2855670339 So I winged it.

2cups flour,heaping 1/3 cup crisco,scant cup of milk.looked odd.So I added more flour & kneaded it some.It came together. Baked in a CI skillet 400` 15 minutes.Gosh they came out good.lol
By then I was tired of messin & just scrambled 2 eggs.

bethk

bethk
Admin

LOL - last time I "winged it" with baking a quick bread I came out with a mess in the oven.....

remember this sad pic of an epic failure?

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... NOTtt

Hahahahahaha

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Gosh Oh Gee!
Beth! Those eggs look great. I didn't have eggs today, but yesterday, I had a Egg and Bacon with Cheese, on a Thomas' bagel toasted lightly and buttered only on the top!
Cutting down on the fats!!

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Rsj7

Then today, I made yeast raised waffles, and Tina and I had them at 11:30 today! They were really good, and I fried bacon too have on the side.

Whipped butter on the waffles (I ate 8 of them ) but don't forget, the whipped butter is puffed up with air, so it's really not that much butter!

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Jalf

I ate a little too much waffles and syrup. I sort of had to force down the last waffle, and it was dry because all the syrup sucked up! I had to put on more syrup. I have to have syrup on waffles to eat them so they don't scratch my throat!

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Fwr6

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy - you ate so much you turned GREEN !!!

LOL

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy - you ate so much you turned GREEN !!!

LOL
Yep!
I was sick to my stomach, and the syrup got to me.
My head was spinning, and I felt like I was spinning around like when I was a kid; spinning and spinning until I couldn't stand up! hahahahahaha

I wonder....why the heck did we do that!
BTW... I put my tongue on the flag pole too!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Jimmy - think maybe the sugar in the syrup might just have been too much? Have you ever considered getting one of those blood sugar monitors just to check yourself once in a while? It couldn't hurt and it might save you from having a gut-ache from eatin' stuff you should cut back on.

Just sayin' ~ don't want you to get sick.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Jimmy - think maybe the sugar in the syrup might just have been too much?  Have you ever considered getting one of those blood sugar monitors just to check yourself once in a while?  It couldn't hurt and it might save you from having a gut-ache from eatin' stuff you should cut back on.

Just sayin' ~ don't want you to get sick.

Actually, last year or so ago, "Great Grandma Evelyn"
( On our forum ) sent me one that she had gotten, and She is a type 2 diabetic.
She said to test Tina, and the machine couldn't go down below 50.
I tested myself, and I was 102 after a big meal, and overnight in the morning before food, I was 83. I think that is borderline.??

I don't have it in the family. None have it.
Tinas uncles aunts mother brother, 2 cousins and just about her whole family has Type 2. She got skipped over.

The machine became un-usable because of the inability to get the test strips.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Whenever it's cold outside, my thoughts for breakfast go to an old-time favorite ~ oatmeal.

I no longer do the messy stove cooking, opting instead for a 3-minute microwave cook. (regular oatmeal, not the instant or quick cook stuff)

So, here's today's breakfast.....oatmeal with blueberries & almonds. Next to my bowl are the two lemons I picked off Lyn's little tree before I covered it with a sheet yesterday to protect it from this freezing wind.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Brkfst010714

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barb said she was going to roast a chicken....here's what I did with MY leftover roast chicken for my lunch today:

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... 674324ea-29c0-4956-a0b3-6f86e1670c9d

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

You're on the roll Beth!
Healthy meals for sure!

bethk

bethk
Admin

That's MIRACLE WHIP, Jimmy - nothin' healthy about it at all! lol

Barbara101

Barbara101

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Scrambledeggwithhamcheese5-1

bethk

bethk
Admin

Nice, Barb. You have me hungry for some good bread. All I have right now is a loaf of store bought.

I ended up with a couple soft boiled eggs and a piece of toast ~ but you've all seen that before.

Barbara101

Barbara101

I miss good bread. No one here has good bread.

bethk

bethk
Admin

Woo Hoo! Today my lunch was soup & salad....and my salad is named:

"FIRST Greens of the Season I Grew" Salad, served with some homemade chicken noodle soup and a piece of toasted "new bakery I just found across town" hearty white bread.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Lunch011214

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Woo Hoo!  Today my lunch was soup & salad....and my salad is named:

"FIRST Greens of the Season I Grew" Salad, served with some homemade chicken noodle soup and a piece of toasted "new bakery I just found across town" hearty white bread.

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Lunch011214

That's so hard to believe that you just planted, and now you reap the goodness.
Soup?... Let me guess!! ...Uhh...Chicken!....?

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yupers! Chicken Noodle Soup with no chicken in it....just the stock. Best part is the homemade noodles.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yupers!  Chicken Noodle Soup with no chicken in it....just the stock.  Best part is the homemade noodles.

Yeah!!!....LOTS of noodles!

LisaSD

LisaSD

Salad looks like a magazine pic! Nice job!

bethk

bethk
Admin

I always thought that stuff about "oh, it was FANTASTIC tasting lettuce" was just someone who didn't know anything....but, truly, the first cut/pulled lettuce from my little garden was the best I've ever tasted!

lol

bethk

bethk
Admin

I just did a couple over easy with a dish of sunshine......

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Brkfst011314

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:I just did a couple over easy with a dish of sunshine......

January, 2014 ~ Breakfasts & Lunches we ate... Brkfst011314

Wow!... Two Dippy Eggs!... You're Lucky!

bethk

bethk
Admin

Yup, one Lucky Duck! But the best part was the lightly toasted rye bread ~ so fragrant & yummy.

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:Yup, one Lucky Duck!  But the best part was the lightly toasted rye bread ~ so fragrant & yummy.

11:52:31...Oh Yeah! I got a drool looking at that rye bread too.

Looks like the deli rye from here. We sometimes toast rye; then butter so the butter melts, and then cut it in strips, all piled high on a dish, and as we watch TV, we snack and lick our fingers. There are never enough strips either!!
I am a BIG fan of carroway seeds too.

There is only one bakery unfortunately 45 minutes drive from here, in Morristown NJ that makes great jewish rye. The Swiss Chalet Bakery. Don't arrive after 11:00 because it is all sold out.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum