Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

another trip to the VET

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1another trip to the VET Empty another trip to the VET Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Maggie is driving me nuts.She has allergies big time.She bites & scratch's every waking moment.She gets sores then gets yeast infection.vet will only give me prednisone for her every few months.She really needs it every day.
I am not about to pay for tests to see what is going on $$$$$$$.Then to tell me she is allergic to carpet or dust  Shocked Molly is allergic to flea bites. Shocked Don't have that right now.However she is scratching too.I know it is not food related.

Another $100.spent day. Evil or Very Mad 

2another trip to the VET Empty Re: another trip to the VET Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:42 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

and your alternative is ?????

You'll eat grass (without sharing it with either of the girls because they are both allergic....) before you'll stop taking them to the vet for some relief. I just wish there was a simple solution to their problem(s). Poor babies....

3another trip to the VET Empty Re: another trip to the VET Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dd said maybe it is time for a new vet.I have taken her back 4 times for the same thing.She will get a shot & the same meds. It just start the whole thing again.When she is done with the meds it starts back up.
groomer said it could be the carpet & dust mites.I can not get rid of the carpet as much as I would love that.I shampoo the carpet when my back will let me. Might have to vacuum more IDK..

4another trip to the VET Empty Re: another trip to the VET Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Dd said maybe it is time for a new vet.I have taken her back 4 times for the same thing.She will get a shot & the same meds. It just start the whole thing again.When she is done with the meds it starts back up.
groomer said it could be the carpet & dust mites.I can not get rid of the carpet as much as I would love that.I shampoo the carpet when my back will let me. Might have to vacuum more IDK..

Fred, our late cat, was allergic to fleas. We put Advantage on him every three weeks (instead of once a month) yet after six months or so, it would seem to stop working and we'd have to get him a steroid shot to sort of get him started again. The vet said the steroids, naturally, were hard on his kidneys but we didn't use the shots in lieu of anything else, and we didn't want the cat to suffer miserably, as he did with flea bites (he found us almost 16 years ago so he remained an inside/outside cat). The vet agreed and we had a good relationship with her over the years.

When Brian took our poor Fred to the vet t be put to sleep after he had the stroke, they didn't even charge us for putting him down. They did this at no charge for their customers. We just had to pay $15 to have him buried. We thought that was so sweet. The vet also sent us a card afterwards, telling us how sorry she and her staff were about Fred, as they loved him, too. (am crying right now, as we miss him sooo much).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum