Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTH? and why?

+3
Crybaby
bethk
Barbara101
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1WTH? and why? Empty WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

I have gotten so many emails from another cooking forum in the last few months.I don't have a clue why either.Well maybe because they are wanting more members or old members to come back to get some interest going.

NOT going to happen with me thats for sure.That forum is dead..

I just got 3 of the same email today. 2 yesterday,etc etc.

2WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:58 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Gee, I feel bad....no one has sent ME an email about joining another forum....

Besides the old c.com forum and the one that followed ~ and then the one we started here, well that's about it for me joining a cooking forum.

Could that be why?

Nah

3WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:38 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:I have gotten so many emails from another cooking forum in the last few months.I don't have a clue why either.Well maybe because they are wanting more members or old members to come back to get some interest going.

NOT going to happen with me thats for sure.That forum is dead..

I just got 3 of the same email today. 2 yesterday,etc etc.
Aren't you going to tell us WHICH cooking forum? Don't worry as we're all loyal members here!

4WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:04 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

netcookingtalk.Bunch of us left cooking.com when it got ugly.Some of us stayed a few months,some of us left asap. Bunch of meanies over there.Now hardly anyone posts anything.Yet they want me back WTH? and why? 1838020472 WTH? and why? 2876911673 

Let me tell you 2 of them jumped all over Cyn for something she had no part in.One got banned,the other one is still there.

Not a nice laid back peaceful place you want to be.

5WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Dear Carolina Cooking

We miss you. We now have a Calorie Counter forum and a Weight Watcher forum along with an Around The World series featuring dishes from around the world. Some great new stuff. Won't you please come back and join in the fun?

Kindest Regards
Doc

I bet I have got 25 of this email.BTW none of that is on that forum.Doc is the nicest man too.The rest WTH? and why? 1297124391 

6WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:32 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:netcookingtalk.Bunch of us left cooking.com when it got ugly.Some of us stayed a few months,some of us left asap. Bunch of meanies over there.Now hardly anyone posts anything.Yet they want me back WTH? and why? 1838020472 WTH? and why? 2876911673 

Let me tell you 2 of them jumped all over Cyn for something she had no part in.One got banned,the other one is still there.

Not a nice laid back peaceful place you want to be.
I like to know the names of the bad ones, though I rarely look at other forums anymore (except the Weber Smoker one). The other night I was thinking about the last one we left and that obnoxious female member. I swear, I started laughing, as I remember her "take" on the term "Creole" and it was wayyyy off the charts -- I think she got most of her info from Wikipedia, which is, of course, a bunch of #$@!)! I remember, too, how she started touting herself as a "published author." Some people think you will believe anything. Like Judge Judy says, if you're not lying or making things up, you don't have to have a good memory. She'd contradict herself all the time and it would really amuse me. No one seemed to take her up on anything she said so I presume no one believed her diatribes...

7WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:Dear Carolina Cooking

We miss you. We now have a Calorie Counter forum and a Weight Watcher forum along with an Around The World series featuring dishes from around the world. Some great new stuff. Won't you please come back and join in the fun?

Kindest Regards
Doc

I bet I have got 25 of this email.BTW none of that is on that forum.Doc is the nicest man too.The rest WTH? and why? 1297124391 
WTH? and why? 2876911673 

8WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

obnoxious female member.

I was cleaning out my FB page & found her page,some stupid name she called herself.Dancing Feather or ? I have forgot now. anyway I looked at it before I removed it,I died laughing,she went to a forum for Young Moms affraid pulled her fake phoney crap with them.She has no child why is she there of all places,scratch WTH? and why? 1838020472 

9WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

She liked to think of herself as an authority on just about anything. I think she was probably a big authority on drugstore vodka...

10WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

^^^^^ WTH? and why? 2876911673  WTH? and why? 3602300868 that & spanish rice & chili.

11WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:36 pm

Crybaby

Crybaby

Barbara101 wrote:^^^^^ WTH? and why? 2876911673  WTH? and why? 3602300868 that & spanish rice & chili.
Oh my God -- I was still lurking on that forum when the Spanish rice stuff started! She just wouldn't give up. I think she hit Wikipedia on that one, too! I'm laughing just thinking about it again...

12WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Ladies, ladies, ladies.....now let's be nice!

13WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

and I mean NICE in that the rest of us should be able to mention what amused us, too.

I LOVED the Julia Child rolled omelette - which was a mess of scrambled eggs stuck to a CI pan, and if you had the opportunity to see the "video" on her PB page it was worth watching a couple times.

And who can forget her pie crusts?  OMG, the "blind baked" one that she sat a footed colander on top of, filled with dried beans....or later the one she docked with a machete or butcher knife....

yes, I miss all the expertise she shared.....

14WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:51 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Bethk wrote:And who can forget her pie crusts?  OMG, the "blind baked" one that she sat a footed colander on top of, filled with dried beans....or later the one she docked with a machete or butcher knife....
I'm literally laughing out loud here, Beth!  She blind baked it with a colander full of beans in it?  Oh, man, I swear, I miss all the good stuff.

I'd heard about the "rolled omelette" but never got to see it.  But the colander of beans would've put me over the moon with laughter. And I really wish I could've read the comments behind either one!

15WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:56 am

Bugster2

Bugster2

What forum was this on?

16WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:29 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

And I really wish I could've read the comments behind either one!

her co harts had nothing to say.Even tho talked trash behind her back.
I tell ya that was some nasty looking food she posted.affraid 

Bugs it was Rich's forum.If he got rid of the rif raf it would still be there.

17WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:04 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yes we had some interesting people on that one. We had some real crazies on Cooking. Do you remember the one who was only interested in knives?

18WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:17 pm

NormM

NormM

What about CookingFool? She would go off on some weird tangents. I think she got banned over an encounter with the knife guy.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

19WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:53 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I thought she got into it with your buddy, The Tourist....

and, yes, there were more than our fair share of strange ones ~ but only one closed the place down

but we have a nice little group here and I don't miss any of that drama and craziness

20WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:14 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

I remember one lady who would only post things about her Mastif dogs. I don't know if she ever talked about food.

21WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:09 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

The "Tourist" was one of a kind---
thankfully!!
Arrow 

I do look on the net site --mostly to look at the caturday pictures, on Saturday...

I have too much time on my hands!! lol...

Yes, we have been thru so many groups and with so many 'special' people...Suspect 

I like this group...I lurk and yes, I talk about myself and Artie...
sorry! cat 

22WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:31 pm

NormM

NormM

The Tourist was the knife guy.

23WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:42 pm

cookingirl

cookingirl

Yes, Norm---you are right.
I forgot all about that part of his personality.
I am always reminded about him and his cephalon pot cover. Do you Remember how he could not completely clean, to his satisfaction the lip of it? He went on and on about that..
Every time I take out my cephalon pot, I look at the lid and smirk...

24WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:29 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

6 more.. I am going to log in & tell them,,OK here I am.I know one who will fall out..WTH? and why? 2876911673 WTH? and why? 2876911673 ..

Not really.I have no interest in them.

25WTH? and why? Empty Re: WTH? and why? Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:40 pm

NormM

NormM

I remember one guy that had a problem with cleaning something. He'd ask for suggestions then tell everyone who offered advice why he wasn't going to do that... but the guy I remember like that was someone else besides the Tourist.

Then there was that sweet guy from Texas called Randy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum