Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DECEMBER 2013;"What's Cooking In The Kitchen?"

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Imelda HL

UNCLE JIMMY wrote:
Imelda HL wrote:beautiful meatloaf Norm... and Jimmy & Barbara.. the lagsana looks so good too.. what are in the fillings?

Thanks Imelda. The filling is a small ricotta cheese 16 Oz. size. Two frozen boxes of spinach drained and water squeezed out as much as possible.
Two Large whole eggs and 1 lb of mozzarella cheese. I grated it for her. We don't like the bag one grated because it is too dry.
Salt and pepper, and thats it. mix and spoon filling on the noodles that have been cooked. Roll them up.
She put a little olive oil in the pan, and sauce, and then covered with the sauce, and thin slices of mozzarella on top. Cover with foil, and bake 350ºF for 45 minutes, and remove cover and bake for 15 minutes more to lightly brown.

thank you Jimmy.. I intend to cook it for my Father in-law's birthday dinner this weekend IF my MIL will let me cook the main dish.. I'm going to add 1 lbs of Jimmy Dean sausage... we'll see.. we'll hear from her later today..  Laughing 

Crybaby

Imelda wrote:thank you Jimmy.. I intend to cook it for my Father in-law's birthday dinner this weekend IF my MIL will let me cook the main dish.. I'm going to add 1 lbs of Jimmy Dean sausage... we'll see.. we'll hear from her later today..

Imelda, I make a really good pan of lasagna but my husband Brian's favorite is when I make it with Italian sausage instead of ground beef. Funny, as it was my Dad's favorite, too. Never tried it with Jimmy Dean sausage but I'll bet it will be delish!

Barbara101

Believe me,, no fuss chicken & broccoli.

Imelda HL

Crybaby wrote:
Imelda wrote:thank you Jimmy.. I intend to cook it for my Father in-law's birthday dinner this weekend IF my MIL will let me cook the main dish.. I'm going to add 1 lbs of Jimmy Dean sausage... we'll see.. we'll hear from her later today..  

Imelda, I make a really good pan of lasagna but my husband Brian's favorite is when I make it with Italian sausage instead of ground beef.  Funny, as it was my Dad's favorite, too.  Never tried it with Jimmy Dean sausage but I'll bet it will be delish!

Italian sausage is a good idea too.. I might use it.. I thought of using JD sausage because I have it in my freezer  Laughing 

no cooking today, so was yesterday.. we went to Village Inn ( my DH wanted Olive Garden, but then let me picked VI across the street).. I had the Chicken fried steaks and he chose Ruben melt sandwich.. today I went out with my girl friends and we had Subway sandwich for lunch.. the Big Cheese steak sandwich was so good... I bought a foot long sandwich and asked the girl to cut it in 2 pieces.. I brought home the other half for my DH.. we went out from 9 to 5 pm.. tired but fun

Barbara101

grilled lemon chicken. red rice.small salad.

bethk

Admin
Very lovely, Barb!

I helped Lyn finish up the finance reports for her fundraiser so stayed for a supper of hot dogs, baked beans (Bush's) and chips. It's been a long couple days and we're both tired out.

Barbara101

gosh I have wanted hot dogs for a week. Going to Publix in the morning lol.

Thanks..

NormM

Just a plain pot roast green beans and potatoes with sour cream.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

Bugster2

It was grilled tandoori chicken and broccoli salad for dinner. I made some crème brulee out of some leftover eggnog and tried out a recipe called Magic Vanilla Cake. Meh, but my houseguest really liked it.

Imelda HL

I baked spicy fish for me and cooked some gnocchi for him.. it was the first time I cooked gnocchi, I bought them in a package.. I had some cooked ground meat in my fridge, so I added some spaghetti sauce and some spinach.. he said it was good.. it was his first time eating gnocchi and he told me to buy more, because he likes it.. as for my dinner, I baked a whole fish ( Pompano ) , brushed with chili sauce + a bit of coconut powder.. it was so good.. I'm happy to have the whole fish for myself  lol! 

UNCLE JIMMY

Imelda HL wrote:I baked spicy fish for me and cooked some gnocchi for him.. it was the first time I cooked gnocchi, I bought them in a package.. I had some cooked ground meat in my fridge, so I added some spaghetti sauce and some spinach.. he said it was good.. it was his first time eating gnocchi and he told me to buy more, because he likes it.. as for my dinner, I baked a whole fish ( Pompano ) , brushed with chili sauce + a bit of coconut powder.. it was so good.. I'm happy to have the whole fish for myself  lol! 

Oh Boy!... The Google chrome allows me to join in and write. That Fish Imelda looks like some mean @$$ fish.
You did a great job on the gnocci for DH. You...happy with the fish....Him happy with the dough balls!
What a nice meal!...

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:Just a plain pot roast green beans and potatoes with sour cream.

Looks mighty delicious for the cold weather Norm.
Or any weather as as matter of fact.

Imelda HL

oh boy.. Uncle Jimmy.. y fish was mean but tasted very good tho  Laughing 

I made the roll lasagna ( what does it call? ).. it was good.. I placed them in 2 pan, 1 big for my FIL birthday dinner tomorrow, the small one for our dinner today..

I added Italian sausage.. the rest of the ingredients were them same as what Jimmy mentioned above..

we have a lot of parsley in our backyard.. so I topped it with bunch of fresh parsley

UNCLE JIMMY

Wow! Your "Barbs Lasagna Roll-Ups" Look Really Good.

I have 4 leftover from the time I made them. I am to have them today. What's left will go for animal feed.

UNCLE JIMMY

For supper??? IDK yet! Maybe some steak and a sweet potato??
It is just starting to snow here, and I'm sure that will cook up an appetite. Especially if we get the 8 inches they are calling for!

Barbara101

I was going to smoke a chicken. It is going to rain off & on all day so I will skip it.I will just make it in a large CI skillet instead.

bethk

Admin
Oh my goodness....my internet has been on the blink for a couple days and you guys went "hog wild" !! I'm hungry for EVERYTHING. I have GOT to make those lasagna roll-ups - such a neat and handy way to serve. What an inspiration Barb was!

But Ms. Imelda was MY inspiration today. I'm making some sausage/potato/kale soup - here it is about done simmering. I made enough to freeze a couple servings and the serving I have tonight I will add some half & half to just before I dish it up.

NormM

Charlie told me that he and Cassie wanted to cook for me today and I wasn't allowed in the kitchen.  Too late. I already started a batch of brioche bread.  Cassie wants to make a poblano mac & cheese and Charlie is thinking about Korean fried chicken.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

bethk

Admin
Gee, that's a nice surprise, huh, Norm.  Food always tastes good when someone else makes it.....

I was going to wait until 6:00 for my supper but smellin' soup all day was enough to make me want it NOW.  I'm also simmering the carcass from the Thanksgiving turkey I put in the freezer so the whole house smells like soup.

One of Norm's buns would have been perfect with my soup!

Barbara101

gosh those buns look great.

bethk

Admin
No kidding, Barb...

Imagine sopping up the juices from that lovely bird with just small bits of that bread....yum!

I've always thought a perfectly roasted chicken was about as perfect a meal as you can get. Yours is beautiful!

Bugster2

I made a boneless chuck roast with gravy, roasted new potatoes and carrots for dinner. DH and guest were in heaven. Not that it was really good, it just hit the spot tonight.

Barbara101

oh thats what I need to make.I have carrots & potato left over.I keep moving around in my freezer 3 chuck roasts.I should make a pot roast.In my CI skillet..

UNCLE JIMMY

Rolling Eyes Cookies is all that is cooking today. I guess we fill face with cookies....
Actually....not thinking and being numb from playing with 6 to 8 inches of snow, I failed to realize DD has a huge pot of chilli cooking on the stove.

S O R R Y .....

Bugster2

It was 85 degrees today. My DH and houseguest went to a party so I don't have to cook. My gut is giving me trouble today so I think a poached egg is all I should eat.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum