Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thanksgivica

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Thanksgivica on Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:45 pm

JanaAZ

I had to jump on to the bandwagon for Thanksgivica.  I always hated latkes but could not understand why since I love, love, love potatoes.  As many of you may remember me talking about in the past, my mother was an awful cook.  It was probably her fault that I hated them.

This year I decided to make them my way.  Holy crap, were they good.  I posted a photo on facebook of these delectable potato pancakes.  Let me try here!!!

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1454589_10202117924686122_1316000196_n.jpg

2 Re: Thanksgivica on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:44 pm

bethk

Admin
Now, keep in mind, MY pic is NOT of a latke but of German potato pancakes ~ the grilled brats along side are a dead giveaway! And the dish by the side is homemade applesauce tinted with little cinnamon candies when it cooks down, turns a lovely shade of pink.

I usually make mine with grated or ground raw potatoes & onion, squeezed as dry as I can in a flour sack towel, then a Tbsp. or so of flour and a bunch of eggs. Easy and oh, so, yummy.

For a first time making you did a fantastic job! Bet it's not the last of those on your table.

3 Re: Thanksgivica on Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:14 pm

bethk

Admin
And by the way, YEA! on getting a pic to post!  

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum