Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP Charlie Trotter

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RIP Charlie Trotter Empty RIP Charlie Trotter Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:55 pm

JanaAZ

I was saddened to learn that Charlie Trotter passed away today.

I always wished I had taken the time to eat at his restaurant in Chicago and was saddened when it closed last year. It doesn't compare to the sadness I feel right now.

Besides being a great chef, he was supposed to be a great man. He trained at risk kids to have a successful career in the restaurant field. He was a giving man and a very tough taskmaster. He expected perfection from his employees...which is probably why his restaurant was considered the best in the country by many.

RIP Charlie Trotter.

2RIP Charlie Trotter Empty Re: RIP Charlie Trotter Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:29 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

Yes, he died too young. Wonder hat it was? Heart attack? Stroke?

3RIP Charlie Trotter Empty Re: RIP Charlie Trotter Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I was reading a couple of articles about his death and they don't know yet, but he was diagnose quite a while ago with a brain aneurysm that was inoperable and very deep in his brain. He was told to take it easy, not to fly or go to high altitudes that could cause pressure in his head. Evidently, that's why he decided to close his restaurant. But he was the keynote speaker this past Sunday at a food event in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and had flown there and back on Monday. He was found by his son on Tuesday morning about 10:45.

4RIP Charlie Trotter Empty Re: RIP Charlie Trotter Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:49 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Very, very sad. really liked his shows and learned a lot.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum