Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to cook today?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What to cook today? Empty What to cook today? Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:22 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I got up hungry.I better eat something to becuz I have to go to Publix in awhile.Razz 

A real no no for me but I thought about chicken & dumplings.

Then I thought oh gosh french onion nice & thick cheesy soup.

But it seems pork chops ,apples & mashed garlic potatoes wins.

Only due to my bowl of apples need cooked.I have of half bag of potatoes sprouting things.They need cooking.

Dinner..

2What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:42 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

Everything you listed sounds delicious....but I'm still gonna do the rib roast. But I think there just might be some baked sweet potatoe fries because I saw a sweet potato in the refrigerator and it looks really lonely.....GS will get regular white potato fries done along side. I think I'll cut them thick and make them like steak fries, crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside....gonna have to use some butter to do them right - darn! What to cook today? 1838020472 

3What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:56 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

going to open this back up.

chicken & dumplings gone..I ate  a big bowl.Then took out most of them & threw in some brown rice so food for the Girls for a few days.spoiled puppers.

I don't want any pasta.
I sure don't want chicken all tho i have some salad leftover.

I still have  half bag of potatoes,need to fix them some how.? If I had a bunch of gd beef I would make meatloaf.

maybe get some fresh green beans & make a big pot..hummm.

IDK..

4What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:28 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

how about some potato pancakes and grilled sausages with a pan of peppers & onions?

just a suggestion.....

5What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Imelda HL

Imelda HL

I'm going to cook some beef cubes.. I bought some boneless short ribs, I cubed them in some small cubes, marinated them in oyster sauce and sweet soy sauce.. I'm going to sautee them in a bit of oil, add some onion, diced jalapeno pepper and minced garlic.. I have no idea how this cut of beef is.. whether it's a tough cut or tender cut Question

6What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:41 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Imelda, the boneless beef short ribs is what I use for Norm's Kalbi - Korean Beef. As long as you cut across the grain it's tender. And flavorful. I love it.

7What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

now that I have cooled off,even tho it is still warm.I will make a pot of chili with a corn bread crust on the top,like a pie.Don't know why this is called a tamale pie??????????

8What to cook today? Empty Re: What to cook today? Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:35 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Barbara101 wrote:now that I have cooled off,even tho it is still warm.I will make a pot of chili with a corn bread crust on the top,like a pie.Don't know why this is called a tamale pie??????????
My guess is the cornmeal is on the outside of a filling....like the masa (sp?) surrounding a meat filling in a tamale.

I remember the first time I saw a tamale I thought you were suppose to eat the corn husk....

Thank goodness I was corrected BEFORE I attempted that! Hahahahaha!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum