Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are....

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What are.... on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Bugster2

The notifications in the upper right hand corner of the page? How do I clear them out?

Second, i have a message in the center of the page that I have a download ready. What the heck is it for and is it a virus? i don't trust anything anymore when it comes to computers. If it is a nasty thing, how do i get rid of it?

2 Re: What are.... on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:08 pm

bethk

Admin
First of all ~ notifications.

If you click on the word at the top right it will list stuff like you have a pm from someone. A red "X" will appear on the right side of each notification and you can get rid of them

Or, you can go to your profile page and hunt around (see how technical I am?) and there will be a list of all your notifications - and you can delete them there.

The "download ready" thing is an ad of some kind the sponsors of the forum site we downloaded our forum from have installed. I just ignore the thing. I have never clicked on it ~ I'm like you, if I'm not sure I stay away.

3 Re: What are.... on Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Bugster2

Thanks Beth. I will stay away from the downloads.

4 Re: What are.... on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:49 am

Barbara101

The "download ready" thing is an ad of some kind the sponsors of the forum site we downloaded our forum from have installed.

beth said..

Humm I do not see that.maybe because I have adblock on my firefox?

5 Re: What are.... on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 am

Bugster2

It's gone now. I just have a Crate & Barrel ad now. That is ok.

6 Re: What are.... on Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:05 pm

bethk

Admin
Yeah, my banner ad changes all the time now. But no matter what, I just ignore it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum