Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apple Butterscotch Brownies

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Apple Butterscotch Brownies Empty Apple Butterscotch Brownies Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:44 pm

thesweetestpea

thesweetestpea

I made these today and they are very good.  Here's the link, it's from Southern Living.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/apple-butterscotch-brownies-50400000115372/

APPLE BUTTERSCOTCH BROWNIES

1 cup  chopped pecans
2 cups  firmly packed dark brown sugar  
1 cup  butter, melted  
2   large eggs, lightly beaten  
2 teaspoons  vanilla extract  
2 cups  all-purpose flour  
2 teaspoons  baking powder  
1/2 teaspoon  salt  
3 cups  peeled and diced Granny Smith apples (about 1 1/2 lb.) (I used Cortlands)

1. Preheat oven to 350º. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.

2. Stir together brown sugar and next 3 ingredients.

3. Stir together flour and next 2 ingredients; add to brown sugar mixture, and stir until blended. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour mixture into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan; spread in an even layer.

4. Bake at 350º for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut into bars.

Last edited by thesweetestpea on Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Apple Butterscotch Brownies Empty Re: Apple Butterscotch Brownies Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I love the stuff from Southern Living - much of it is VERY similar to what my Grandma made and she wasn't from the South.

3Apple Butterscotch Brownies Empty Re: Apple Butterscotch Brownies Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:59 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

These sounds great, Pea.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum