Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just watched The French Chef

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just watched The French Chef on Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Barbara101

from 1963. Julia sure makes a mess when she cooked lol.

2 Re: Just watched The French Chef on Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:53 pm

JanaAZ

She did. I always get a good laugh when I watch her shows.

3 Re: Just watched The French Chef on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:49 pm

bethk

Admin
We can certainly overlook her messes.....what fascinates me is she was one of the first (and ultimately the Queen of PBS cooking) to bring food to the forefront for American housewives. She did it all on a shoestring budget in the beginning with volunteers to assist in the background. When you think of the production crews of today's cooking shows, with food stylists and assistants cooking multiple dishes for the "star"....well, Julia did it all herself. She and her husband did all the set-up and practice, then filmed on a wing and a prayer.

And watching those old programs still gives a feeling of how much she loved what she did ~ and rolled right along if something went wrong. There wasn't the "do-overs" like today.

I cannot think of anyone, save for "my man, Jacques", who I admire as much....LOL

4 Re: Just watched The French Chef on Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:23 am

Crybaby

I always liked the fact that she made a mess. I'd always think how nice it would be if you could spill stuff or knock stuff on the floor while cooking and not worry about it!

And she was indeed great when something didn't come out perfect. It made the rest of us (me anyway) feel like even the great ones make mistakes.

And I just loved her quirky voice, too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum