Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

lamb & ground beef

+2
bethk
Barbara101
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1lamb & ground beef Empty lamb & ground beef Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:38 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

don't you think if you mixed them that the beef would over power the lamb.?

recipe for savoy cabbage rolls says use both.confused 

2lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:54 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

For me, the lamb taste would overpower the beef.

But, hey, that's probably because I don't care for lamb.

I think the ground lamb is usually older animals and stronger tasting...JMO.

3lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:29 am

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

bethk wrote:For me, the lamb taste would overpower the beef.

But, hey, that's probably because I don't care for lamb.

I think the ground lamb is usually older animals and stronger tasting...JMO.
I'm with you Beth! Don't like lamb taste either.
Tina made it once, and forgot to take off the skin. It stunk up the whole house at her mothers.

We never had it as kids because Mom didn't like it. She did cook it for Dad though.
DD likes it because she raises her own. She has a few of the over 200 of them on the farm. The sheep are bred special as a high grade, and before they get their teeth...they sell them as lamb at the co op here in town. Once they sprout full teeth, they are a sheep, and they get less money for them.

To me, it's like eating a sweater!

4lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:43 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

I love leg of lamb, though Brian is not a fan. My father and I were the only ones who liked it when I was growing up. He loved that, since we had it all to ourselves. I love lamb chops, too, but I don't buy them since Brian doesn't like 'em. They're not cheap either.

I'd love to try some fresh lamb from Jimmy's daughter's farm -- but I wouldn't be able to eat it if I saw the actual lamb before it was killed. I'd keep thinking about it...

5lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:15 pm

NormM

NormM

My friend with the castle back in Junction City grilled lamb bits on a skewer when he invited people over. He called it Chislic. It was delicious.

http://r2j1cp@gmail.com

6lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

Crybaby wrote:I love leg of lamb, though Brian is not a fan.  My father and I were the only ones who liked it when I was growing up.  He loved that, since we had it all to ourselves.  I love lamb chops, too, but I don't buy them since Brian doesn't like 'em.  They're not cheap either.  

I'd love to try some fresh lamb from Jimmy's daughter's farm -- but I wouldn't be able to eat it if I saw the actual lamb before it was killed.  I'd keep thinking about it...
OMG.... That happens here! DD Maria L O V E S all animals, and she has som favorite Lammies that are running around on the farm, but she feels so sorry for them when they even get loaded for sale at the auction.

She has a few Pigs too, but there are only two mommies that she is sort of attached to. Plus they had babies just a month ago. Those are a Rare Breed of pig that they raise for just selling them for breeding purposes. Then on the other hand...they have 3 that are different and are regular just chop em up for chops kind of pigs. They are ready for butchering Now, and she doesn't care about that. She said,"Dad, they are horrible animals with such bad habits!"
I said,"Like me?" ..... hahahahahahaha

The chickens she hates too! They are Too Loud she says! That's all they do is cack and scream!

She said, it's only the baby lambs that are cute!....hahahahaha

"Mary Had a Little lamb; Its fleece was white as Snow' and Everywhere that Mary Went, the Lamb was sure to go!".......

7lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:58 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:My friend with the castle back in Junction City grilled lamb bits on a skewer when he invited people over. He called it Chislic. It was delicious.
Wow! I remember the pictures of the castle Norm. And the Gargoyles you made? Am I remembering that correctly?? Do you have the pic of the castle? I'd love to see that again!

8lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:24 pm

NormM

NormM

lamb & ground beef Castlebridge

lamb & ground beef Dons

and one of my gargoyles

lamb & ground beef Gargoyle

9lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

always cool....

10lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:55 pm

UNCLE JIMMY

UNCLE JIMMY

NormM wrote:lamb & ground beef Castlebridge

lamb & ground beef Dons

and one of my gargoyles

lamb & ground beef Gargoyle
Thanks Norm. Boy! I could really enjoy just sitting there, and more so if I could Eat while I looked!

11lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:38 pm

NormM

NormM

In the first picture, the guy sitting there is next to a pool with water lilies and gold fish

12lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:48 pm

NormM

NormM

Here is a picture of the pool.
lamb & ground beef 007_4A_zpsbd785ed4

It is fed with a waterfall from under the tower by a pump that draws the water up from the moat.

There are a couple more of the gargoyles I made too. They are on either side of the waterfall with water coming out of their mouths.

lamb & ground beef 009_6A_zps0152bbf9

13lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:04 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

What a labor of love that castle is! And how proud you must be to be a permanent part of his dream.

Kudos!

14lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:24 am

Barbara101

Barbara101

I happen to love love lamb.I do not buy it much to $$.I like a butterflied boned leg of lamb grilled.OMG so great. lamb & ground beef 3267860543 

15lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:16 am

bethk

bethk
Admin

I think there are things that are "love 'em" or "hate 'em".....

Lamb, salmon, cilantro, blue cheese.....those are the first that come to mind. And I don't think it's so much a dislike as a genetic affinity to liking or disliking according to the way you were born. I think some people can learn to like some of their original dislikes, but there are others who, because of their general makeup, are unable to overcome that distaste.

And I cite MY inability to swallow most cheese to some part of how I was when I was born ~ I've tried and tried through the years to "learn" to like cheese. So far, the only ones I can eat without problems (gagging, etc.) is melted mozzarella, melted parmesan and cream cheese.

So, I consider you very fortunate to love lamb and salmon and cheese and many of the things I just cannot enjoy. You're a "Lucky Duck" in my book!

16lamb & ground beef Empty Re: lamb & ground beef Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Bugster2

Bugster2

bethk wrote:I think there are things that are "love 'em" or "hate 'em".....

Lamb, salmon, cilantro, blue cheese.....those are the first that come to mind.  And I don't think it's so much a dislike as a genetic affinity to liking or disliking according to the way you were born.  I think some people can learn to like some of their original dislikes, but there are others who, because of their general makeup, are unable to overcome that distaste.

And I cite MY inability to swallow most cheese to some part of how I was when I was born ~ I've tried and tried through the years to "learn" to like cheese.  So far, the only ones I can eat without problems (gagging, etc.) is melted mozzarella, melted parmesan and cream cheese.  

So, I consider you very fortunate to love lamb and salmon and cheese and many of the things I just cannot enjoy.  You're a "Lucky Duck" in my book!
I remember reading somewhere that one's like or dislike of cilantro was genetic. My DH hates it. His mother hated it. For me it was an acquired taste and now I love it. One thing I absolutely will not allow pass my lips is papaya. I think it tastes and smells like vomit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum