Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees Empty Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees Thu May 09, 2013 2:50 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I've seen Ina Garten on TV a couple times recently in an ad for her new line of Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees.

Has anyone seen these in their local grocery stores?

I am just curious as to the number of servings and the price.

I can remember the first time I saw her box mixes for "Ultimate Brownies" and "Coconut Cupcake Mix" ~ ~ ~ $10 each !!!! affraid

I can state with confidence, I was VERY able to walk away without being tempted in the least.

I like her cookbooks but there comes a line in the sand that I will NOT cross! lol

2Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees Empty Re: Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees Thu May 09, 2013 4:13 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

nope not buying..
first thing is I don't really like frozen dinners.
second I lost total interest in her when that make a wish rejection and her part in it.

When I see TV chefs junk in Big Lots, and that is food items too, I am glad to have not bought into it.

3Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees Empty Re: Barefoot Contessa Frozen Entrees Thu May 09, 2013 5:13 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

I really MISS my local Big Lots that I went to all the time in Ohio.

I remember picking up a GIANT bottle of Paula Deen's House Seasoning for under $2.

But, hey, it's a 12 oz. bottle of mixed up sea salt, granulated onion, granulated garlic and black pepper. It would have cost me WAY more than $2 to buy a 4 oz. container of the granulated onion and garlic, let alone mixing in my own sea salt & black pepper. Just because it has her picture on the label doesn't stop me from picking up what I consider a bargain.

But I agree with you about purchased frozen dinner packs. I usually don't like some ingredient in them. So, I'll steer clear of Ina's dinners even if I find them at a Super Big Lots that carries frozen foods.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum