Cooking Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Cooking Friends

Friends sharing recipes, cooking techniques & menu ideas in a friendly atmosphere.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Thinking of our friends....

+5
cookingirl
Crybaby
Barbara101
NormM
bethk
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

Glad to hear your mom is doing well ~ and no guilt allowed if you can't gossip and have coffee with a bunch of retired old women (AND men...sorry, guys!). You just stop and say "hi" when you can.

Oh, and we talk about you whether you're here or not, so, not to worry! LOL

27Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:01 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Here's the egg bread recipe. If you need the photos on how to do the braid, let me know. It will take a little time to put it together

Homemade Egg Bread

Ingredients
• 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
• 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
• 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 7 to 7-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 egg yolk
• 2 tablespoons water
• Sesame seeds
Directions
• Dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, salt, eggs, butter and
• 3-1/2 cups flour; mix well. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a
• soft dough.

• On a floured surface, knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes.
• Place in greased bowl; turn once to grease top. Cover and let rise
• in warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

• Punch down. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30
• minutes. Divide into six portions. On a floured surface, shape each
• into a 14-in.-long rope. For each loaf, braid three ropes together
• on greased baking sheet; pinch ends to seal. Cover and let rise
• until doubled, about 50 minutes.

• Beat egg yolk and water; brush over loaves. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.

Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. What I do is take it out and tap the bottom. If it's hollow sounding, it's done.

Also, I would cut the recipe in half. That was what I did when I made my 8 braid bread. When you cut it in half, use two eggs.

28Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:31 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

The pictures are backwards, so start at the bottom and work your way to the top. I am still computer retarded. Sorry.

Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread023" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread019" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread018" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread017" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread016" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread011" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread012" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread009" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread006" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread007" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread005" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread004" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread003" />Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread002-1" />

Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 <a href=Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Th_8braidbread001" />

29Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:38 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

and THIS is the proud result of following Stephan's EASY step-by-step instructions....by a "non-bread-baking" cook (ME!).....

Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Image

So, believe me, if I can do it, so can YOU !

30Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:13 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Absolutely stunningly beautiful I bow to the Master!!!

31Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:42 pm

Barbara101

Barbara101

Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 534121_375841935830714_177840868_n-2

my first braid. do I get a bow? Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 2876911673 

32Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:49 pm

bethk

bethk
Admin

You get a star !

Honestly, Jetfan's method was so easy to do. And by folding the edges under the top rows of braid stood up nice and tall. It reminded me of weaving potholders when I was 9 years old! LOL

33Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:33 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

You get two bows, Barb. Very nice!

34Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:34 am

Crybaby

Crybaby

Jetfan, that eight braid bread is one of the prettiest breads I've ever seen! I don't know how you did it but it is truly a work of art.

It's nice to see you here and I wish you and your wife the best of luck and a quick sale, too.

35Thinking of our friends.... - Page 2 Empty Re: Thinking of our friends.... Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:42 pm

jetfan27

jetfan27

Thanks for the nice compliment, but it is quite easy to do. t's just over and under working your way from right to left. Just follow the pictures. And thank you for your good wishes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum